Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2020, 09:29 AM

4,336 posts, read 1,554,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
As far as spicy chicken sandwiches go I'd rank Wendy's > Chick-fil-a > Burger King > Popeyes. McDonald's has simply missed an opportunity to get a decent chicken sandwich out. I've never been to Jollibee's - but I'm in no hurry to head to Kalihi to try it. Not a fan of just about anything from Jack in the Box.

As far as In-N-Out burgers, Ill go - but don't think it is anything super special. For fast food burgers, I have been trying to support L&L with the double cheeseburger deluxe - and I actually like the fries at L&L over most places.

If you really want a great burger, head to Scratch Kitchen - easily the best in my opinion on the island - but you'll pay the price, I think it is $14 or $16
In-N-Out's hamburgers are good, go animal style if you think of it, but their fries suck. They cut them too thin, don't pre-cook to soften them, and then once cooked, they lay them flat in those open trays where they quickly go cold and stale. Plus you get a ton of little shorts.
More like over-sized Shoestring Potatoes than French Fries. You can animal-style your fries if you wish, but it is quite rich and you may want to do that only occasionally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2020, 12:28 AM

451 posts, read 411,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteviper1 View Post
The one near Ward
There was once a lovely old mansion located on Kina'u St. behind the BK near Ward. It went into
disrepair, apparent abandonment and several years ago or so was destroyed in a fire that was attributed
to squatters. The lot is empty now, and I am curious if the property will be made part of Chick a Fillet joint.
If so, it would have an immense footprint (in Hawai'i terms), and a solid competitor to the McD's located across the street. I have never been to or seen a Chick a Fillet joint. Don't know a thing about them,
however if I have had a choice of dealing with the current difficulties of ingress/egress of McD's or going to new place, I'd try the new chicken place.

Old 09-01-2020, 03:01 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Monkey View Post
There was once a lovely old mansion located on Kina'u St. behind the BK near Ward. It went into
disrepair, apparent abandonment and several years ago or so was destroyed in a fire that was attributed
to squatters. The lot is empty now, and I am curious if the property will be made part of Chick a Fillet joint.
If so, it would have an immense footprint (in Hawai'i terms), and a solid competitor to the McD's located across the street. I have never been to or seen a Chick a Fillet joint. Don't know a thing about them,
however if I have had a choice of dealing with the current difficulties of ingress/egress of McD's or going to new place, I'd try the new chicken place.
That McDonalds is probably dreading the day that Chick-fil-a opens

Old 09-01-2020, 11:10 PM

2,095 posts, read 1,557,748 times
That mcdonalds has insane amounts of business. I'd imagine if the BK parkinglot was bigger, they'd do way way better. if chickfila actually opens in that location, the line will stretch down king street without doubt.

I've had chickfila a few times in the south. It is hands down the best fast food fried chicken I've tasted. Not racist - but they don't have all those stereotypes about black people and fried chicken for nothing.

Old 09-02-2020, 09:52 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,903,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rya96797 View Post
That mcdonalds has insane amounts of business. I'd imagine if the BK parkinglot was bigger, they'd do way way better. if chickfila actually opens in that location, the line will stretch down king street without doubt.
Practically all of the McDonald's on Oahu do an insane amount of business - in my opinion, just from traffic, they seem to outperform mainland counterparts.

BK seems to struggle here (expensive) - besides the Beratania location supposedly closing, the Hawaii Kai location bit the dust and is now a Raising Cains - and I forgot to mention Raising Cains in one of my previous posts - I was very underwhelmed despite the line of cars.

I do think Chick fil a will have a line of cars for quite awhile although I think Beratania can handle it

Old 09-03-2020, 12:52 AM

2,095 posts, read 1,557,748 times
Quote:
Practically all of the McDonald's on Oahu do an insane amount of business - in my opinion, just from traffic, they seem to outperform mainland counterparts.

BK seems to struggle here (expensive) - besides the Beratania location supposedly closing, the Hawaii Kai location bit the dust and is now a Raising Cains - and I forgot to mention Raising Cains in one of my previous posts - I was very underwhelmed despite the line of cars.

I do think Chick fil a will have a line of cars for quite awhile although I think Beratania can handle it
I meant beretania. And yes it can handle it. Might be irritating to people if the line is blocking driveways and side roads though.

Old 07-02-2021, 12:58 AM

Finally some news on this.

Drove by the Beretania Burger King today - all the BK signs down - and clearly moving out. Lease ended June 30.

So, so some googling told me - building about to torn down - Chick coming early 2022.

What I also missed - Chick bought the Kaneohe Bakery land - that will be the 2nd Chick on Windward Oahu. Kapolei after that.

Old 07-02-2021, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Finally some news on this.

Drove by the Beretania Burger King today - all the BK signs down - and clearly moving out. Lease ended June 30.

So, so some googling told me - building about to torn down - Chick coming early 2022.

What I also missed - Chick bought the Kaneohe Bakery land - that will be the 2nd Chick on Windward Oahu. Kapolei after that.

I recently read in Pacific Business News confirming the Beretania Burger King location. I have been curious about the status of the adjacent, Ewa side parking area on Beretania and adjacent mauka property on Keanu St. Gotta think McD's across the street will see serious competition. Never seen or been to a Chick joint, and I am curious.

Thxs for the update on the apparently planed future Kanehoe and Kapolei properties.

Old 07-02-2021, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Monkey View Post
I recently read in Pacific Business News confirming the Beretania Burger King location. I have been curious about the status of the adjacent, Ewa side parking area on Beretania and adjacent mauka property on Keanu St. Gotta think McD's across the street will see serious competition. Never seen or been to a Chick joint, and I am curious.

Thxs for the update on the apparently planed future Kanehoe and Kapolei properties.
Just like the mainland- Chick will get serious business. Far more than McD.

Old 07-02-2021, 01:26 AM

Apologies! It's Kina'u St..... Keanu St. is somewhere in Kaimuki. Mauka side, I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii