Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2020, 02:34 PM

1,731 posts, read 1,065,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Maybe just a coincidence Tesla and Oracle got fed up with California and recently moved to Texas?
Maybe more "pushed out". They have and will be easily replaced. Now maybe Larry will spend the majority of his year on Lanai but I doubt that Elon is going to be in Austin half the year. No worries, CA will be checking on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2020, 01:32 PM

112 posts, read 96,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KohalaTransplant View Post

If you love red states so much, why not move to one?
My response to the elementary and asinine question is always...we moved here for the intelligent discourse and open minded thinking.

Why does anybody move to a warm, tropical climate? Because we worked hard and saved our money so we could retire early and get out of the rat race.

Old 12-23-2020, 04:26 PM

344 posts, read 250,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantw View Post
My response to the elementary and asinine question is always...we moved here for the intelligent discourse and open minded thinking.

Why does anybody move to a warm, tropical climate? Because we worked hard and saved our money so we could retire early and get out of the rat race.
That is what we did as well, retired early and moved here.

Presumably then, you were also intelligent enough to investigate how things are run in this state, and still voluntarily chose to move here.

So, perhaps sit back and enjoy your retirement instead of incessantly whining about the things that are not perfectly to your liking in this place that you should have known about before coming?

Old 12-23-2020, 09:50 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,899,929 times
Quote:

Presumably then, you were also intelligent enough to investigate how things are run in this state, and still voluntarily chose to move here.

So, perhaps sit back and enjoy your retirement instead of incessantly whining about the things that are not perfectly to your liking in this place that you should have known about before coming?
Wow - so anyone who moves here should just lay down and take it and be thrilled with the freeloading and drug use? How does anything ever change if you always accept the status quo? Hmmm...

Old 12-23-2020, 10:02 PM

344 posts, read 250,465 times
Quote:
Wow - so anyone who moves here should just lay down and take it and be thrilled with the freeloading and drug use? How does anything ever change if you always accept the status quo? Hmmm...
I am all for people working to affect change.
Whining on an anonymous internet forum about how a deeply blue state that you chose to move to (shockingly!) has liberal policies does nothing to accomplish that.

Old 12-23-2020, 10:10 PM

Quote:
I am all for people working to affect change.
Whining on an anonymous internet forum about how a deeply blue state that you chose to move to (shockingly!) has liberal policies does nothing to accomplish that.
Whining about those who want change doesn't do anything either and that we should lie down and take it doesn't do a whole lot either.

I'll edit to add - all one has to do is look at Oahu in the last Mayoral race that change can happen in deep blue state where the candidate with the backing of union leadership and the old guard lost.....

Last edited by whtviper1; 12-23-2020 at 10:30 PM..

Old 12-24-2020, 12:07 PM

112 posts, read 96,754 times
After getting called out on the BS statement of "why move here" the new retort is to go to statements of "whining". Seems about right from the group who has done nothing short of whine on social media for the past four years.

Keep pushing your false narratives...they sound great echoing from the stately estates of Kohala. Virtue signaling never looked better from behind the guarded gates.

Old 12-24-2020, 12:35 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,825,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantw View Post
After getting called out on the BS statement of "why move here" the new retort is to go to statements of "whining". Seems about right from the group who has done nothing short of whine on social media for the past four years.

Keep pushing your false narratives...they sound great echoing from the stately estates of Kohala. Virtue signaling never looked better from behind the guarded gates.
That's the Christmas spirit! .................................................. ..Not!

Old 12-24-2020, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
That's the Christmas spirit! .................................................. ..Not!
Maybe he’s Jewish

Old 12-26-2020, 08:43 AM

10,864 posts, read 6,469,646 times
Quote:
You sound and write like Forrest Gump - by the way, try a space after commas otherwise it makes you seem like you attended Hawaii public schools. It is touristy - not touristi.....
where I learn my English,I dont recall having a space after ','.
If you have problem reading my post,please ignore all my posts in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: