Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 12:46 PM

523 posts, read 3,812,041 times

Advertisements

samston, you cannot make posts like this here, then expect to enter into supposedly intelligent conversation elsewhere. you have totally discredited yourself.

there are estimated to be between 10 to 15 million doctors on this planet, and you genuinely believe there is no such being as a good doctor?

clearly you are beyond objectivity, or clarity of thought on this issue, but i commend you to at least educate yourself a little, and what better place to start than to read up a bit on the nobel laureates in physiology or medicine over the last 100 years.

and as i know you like being spoonfed, open wide: All Nobel Prizes in Physiology or Medicine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 01:54 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,356,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronenborg View Post
samston, you cannot make posts like this here, then expect to enter into supposedly intelligent conversation elsewhere. you have totally discredited yourself.

there are estimated to be between 10 to 15 million doctors on this planet, and you genuinely believe there is no such being as a good doctor?

clearly you are beyond objectivity, or clarity of thought on this issue, but i commend you to at least educate yourself a little, and what better place to start than to read up a bit on the nobel laureates in physiology or medicine over the last 100 years.

and as i know you like being spoonfed, open wide: All Nobel Prizes in Physiology or Medicine
That's true. You can't say that all Dr's are bad but the good ones are few and far between. At least from my experience. Like I said my OB is the most wonerful Dr. on the face of the earth.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:33 PM

324 posts, read 864,740 times
lets all ban doctors- fix ourselves...Who needs a surgeon anyway- I can wield a knife pretty good. .....geez..

Old 06-30-2010, 04:42 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,405,439 times
Quote:

Well prove me wrong.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:46 PM

15,851 posts, read 35,243,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
Why does it take me going to the 4 differnet Dr's before one is competent enought to diagnose that both my kids have ear and throat infections???? I am so pi$$ed off.
Also, I brought my daughter. to the Dr for a follow up visit for bowel issues. I decided to bring my 8 month old along as she was coughing and had a fever. My regular pediatrician was away but they work in the same office. So after checking my daughter I politley ask if he can have a quick look at my 8 month old. She didn't have an appointment. Well he says : "No, I'm all alone today and I have a medical student here. Bring her to a clinic tonight! "He then leaves and doesn't even tell me when to bring my daughter back in for the bowel issues. Could he not have been a little less rude? My mom came with me and both of us were like.
So then I had to drag my poor 8 month old and 2 1/2 year old to another Dr. They both have ear and throat infections and need antibiotics. The first Dr. checked my 2 1/2 year old and said she was FINE.

Thanks for letting me vent. I feel like its all about money these days. Why be a pediatrician if you can't stand kids????
Lisalan, you need to take this opportunity to learn what to do to keep your children healthy so this never happens again. There is a wealth of information on the interent about nutrition that can prevent future ear infections and illnesses. Use the miracle of the internet to learn how to keep your children healthy. Avoiding dairy products would be my first step, if I were you.

20yrsinBranson

Old 06-30-2010, 06:12 PM

GMC | Good Medical Practice: Contents

and please, no nonsense about how this is country-specific, and it is too ambiguous/relative. Please state if your legal jurisdiction or country has something similar.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:21 PM

523 posts, read 3,812,041 times
your crusade is not the subject of this thread, but i couldnt let your borderline bigotry go unaddressed up there ^

anyway, to the OP, im sorry you had such a bad experience, but really, despite what you may currently feel, and what others may say, the fact remains that there are plenty of good doctors out there, and i hope you manage to find one for you and your family.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:00 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,356,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Lisalan, you need to take this opportunity to learn what to do to keep your children healthy so this never happens again. There is a wealth of information on the interent about nutrition that can prevent future ear infections and illnesses. Use the miracle of the internet to learn how to keep your children healthy. Avoiding dairy products would be my first step, if I were you.

20yrsinBranson
Do you have anymore info on this?

Old 06-30-2010, 07:27 PM

15,851 posts, read 35,243,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
Do you have anymore info on this?
"Milk allergies are very common in children... They are the leading cause of the chronic ear infections that plague up to 40% of all children under the age of six."

Julian Whitaker, M.D., "Health & Healing," October, 1998, Volume 8, No. 10;

Cow's milk allergy is associated with recurrent otitis media (ear infection) during childhood."

Acta Otolaryngol 1999;119(8)
;

"If a bottlefed baby has an ear infection, eliminate milk and dairy products from the child's diet for thirty days to see if any benefits result...a cause of frequent ear infections in children is food allergies."

James Balch, MD, "Prescription for Nutritional Healing" ISBN 0-89529-727-2;

Google "milk and ear infections in children" for more information.

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-01-2010, 06:38 AM

Quote:
your crusade is not the subject of this thread, but i couldnt let your borderline bigotry go unaddressed up there ^

anyway, to the OP, im sorry you had such a bad experience, but really, despite what you may currently feel, and what others may say, the fact remains that there are plenty of good doctors out there, and i hope you manage to find one for you and your family.
which bigotry?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness