Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 12:57 PM

102 posts, read 152,348 times

Advertisements

EVERY single day. Sometimes twice a day. If you're not cleaning your private areas every single day of your life then you're dirty down there and Yea... you DO smell down there too. Your private areas need to be cleaned with soap and water everyday not just wiped with something every now and then. Ugh gross.

This is why there's so many diseases and why people say sex stinks. Because of these people who don't wash themselves the right way.

That's my short answer the long answer is the one I gave to a question just like this:

THATS JUST NAAAASSTTY!. Especially for a woman. Women have dark moist bacteria attracting holes that need to be cleaned everyday (yea... of your life). With soap and water thoroughly not just wiped with something. And men should thoroughly be cleaning their holes too, and crotch not just wiping it with a tissue. This is why there's so many diseases out there. If you don't... you're dirty down there. Straight up. And yea... you DO smell down there. That's if you keep it real and aren't trying to make yourself feel better about something you know isn't right. You shower to keep your private areas clean, free of bacteria and nasty stuff on top of all the bacteria and sweat your body makes every single day on the rest of your body and pits. NOT TO KEEP YOUR BODY MOISTURIZED. Or whatever the lame excuse is. Gross!

This is EXACTLY why I stopped using public bathrooms. A lot of public bathrooms, especially female bathrooms, smell like dead fish and poop. Because of these same nasty type people who don't clean themselves because apparently they're more worried about trying to keep their skin moisturized with old stale body sweat. The smell is so strong I'll gag. Seriously see why some men are scared of coochie.

You don't just sweat in the summer. Your body sweats all year long. If you get excited sweat hormones are released. Not just in heat. Just disgusting and sad that grown adults need to be told why. There's a certain group of people who are known for this and we all know who. The same ones who are known for starting most if not all the diseases in the world and the whole country is known for not showering.

No wonder these people are usually cranky and mad all the time. Showering everyday makes you feel good emotionally. Cleans your mind body AND soul not just your body. Gets rid of all the emotional and bad energy from the day before. Watch.... the next time you get out of the shower. For those people who skip days. The day you showered I bet you feel 100% better compared to the day you didn't. Taking a shower before bed relaxes you too. And gets rid of stress. I bet a lot of these insomniacs haven't showered in days.

That's gross. SHOWER!. We need to get a mandatory shower law going on since it sounds like some people need to be told what to do in order to live life right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2014, 02:56 PM

10,230 posts, read 6,315,362 times
I shower everyday since moving to Florida. Very hot, humid, and sweaty. I did take baths in the Winters a few times a week, but since discovering that the water makes my skin break out in hives (chlorine) I don't anymore. We put a special filter on the shower head.

Baths are much more relaxing that showers. When we move back up North, I will go back to baths a few times a week again.

Old 11-01-2014, 09:22 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L3XX View Post
EVERY single day...
I think you might have a problem with this. People can wash their, uh, holes with a bidet or hand held shower. Showering twice a day, sometime daily, can exacerbate some skin problems. Not everyone smells or stinks because they've missed a shower once in a while. Bathroom smells are a separate issue.

Old 11-02-2014, 06:54 AM

4,978 posts, read 5,767,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L3XX View Post

That's gross. SHOWER!. We need to get a mandatory shower law going on since it sounds like some people need to be told what to do in order to live life right.
We don't need no more stinkin' laws tellin' us what to do or when to do it!

You sound a bit OCD...

Old 11-02-2014, 07:12 AM

1,962 posts, read 2,708,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You don't have to bath daily if you don't want to, you won't die or anything, but those body oils and dead skin cells will give you a particular odor within 24 hours that might make your presence among others intolerable. It just is what it is.
You must be the guy I sat next to on my last plane trip.

Old 11-02-2014, 08:34 AM

324 posts, read 294,418 times
I shower everyday. If it's particularly hot, twice a day.

Old 11-02-2014, 01:56 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,992,840 times
A shower or bath EVERY NIGHT, and a quick rinse off in the morning! If I'm dressing to go somewhere special, I bathe again, before that.....I don't wash my hair every day...but I used to when I was younger and had oilier hair!

Old 11-02-2014, 03:43 PM

14,302 posts, read 11,692,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
You people that shower twice or three times a day have little respect for this precious resource. The west is in a serious drought, the days of rationing are coming. Don't be so wasteful. I'd like to see timers put on your showers.
Clean your bodies from the inside out, detox.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I am a very stinky/smelly person......must shower at least twice a day!!!!

And how does using water in a shower waste water......since shower-water is recycled back into the water system, just like almost all other "used" water???????????
Tickyul, you obviously live in an area with plentiful water because you've never given this any thought.

Of course water used for showering does not disappear off the face of the earth, but it also doesn't flow right back into the well or reservoir to be used for drinking (or more showering).

The West IS in a serious drought. There are whole communities here in California that have completely run out of water. I can find very little justification for anyone in this state showering twice a day or more. I'm pretty sure that most of the time when people shower twice a day, it's just a habit. You're not going to die, get sick, or cause people to reel away from your stench if you shower only in the morning.

Personally, I shower three times a week. I'm happily married and have a lot of friends and no one has ever implied that there is a problem with that. The climate here is also dry and people generally do not sweat excessively. If you live in a hot, humid area, there's probably enough water around to encompass more frequent showering. Here, there really is not.

Old 11-04-2014, 05:40 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,596,850 times
I'm amazed at the number of people here that think it's okay not to shower everyday. If I know someone doesn't shower daily I really wouldn't want them sleeping in my beds or even sitting on my furniture.

Old 11-05-2014, 02:24 PM

26 posts, read 29,152 times
I dont shower or bathe everyday.
However, I surf, every am, and rinse off everyday. Shower is for sure an every other type situation. And as for the shampoo part, hmmmm that is once a week.
Beach surf bum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness