Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 06:39 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times

Advertisements

I'm having trouble keeping the discussion on topic.

You say doctors do not prescribe because pharma makes no money, and I asked you the price difference between it and the standard medication.

Bear in mind, your solution will not be covered by insurance, but the approved standard med will be, please explain how that factors into your accusations.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-08-2017, 08:06 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I'm having trouble keeping the discussion on topic.

You say doctors do not prescribe because pharma makes no money, and I asked you the price difference between it and the standard medication.

Bear in mind, your solution will not be covered by insurance, but the approved standard med will be, please explain how that factors into your accusations.

I don't know the price of "standard" crohns drugs...I don't deal with crohns. I just know the 4.5mg of LDN which is often the standard dose runs under $25...it did when I worked with it back in 2009 or so.

I'm saying the doctors prescribe the latest and greatest most expensive drugs AS A RULE...and not the cheaper drugs and I mentioned my sister with the MS drugs the doctors were forever prescribing...not one ever mentioned LDN. I thought I was pretty clear on what I'm saying .. my sister is gone in spite of the $100K's MS drugs.

Old 10-08-2017, 08:23 PM

Frequently Asked Questions about LDN for MS...this thread is about crohns and ms.

Frequently-Asked Questions about Low Dose Naltrexone

I've talked to those who take LDN and may still take another MS drug. And working with nutrition is key in both crohns and ms.

Old 10-08-2017, 10:51 PM

You decide some random drug is the cure all for Crohn's (subject of this thread), and then MS.......

And base it upon nothing substantial.

Old 10-08-2017, 10:53 PM

Quote:
You decide some random drug is the cure all for Crohn's (subject of this thread), and then MS.......

And base it upon nothing substantial.
People I've never mentioned "cure". All drugs are, if they work, help with slowing issues down, keeping in some sort of remission.

Old 10-09-2017, 04:52 AM

14,944 posts, read 12,139,254 times
Quote:
How odd. I've never had a problem with a doctor prescribing a lower cost drug if asked.

What is the price difference between this drug that shows little effectiveness, and the standard treatment for Crohn's?
I never have either. In fact, it's really disingenuous to suggest that docs won't prescribe medication because it's inexpensive, even if it's effective.

As for the costs of meds to treat Crohn's, there are a number of options out there and I guess it would depend on what is effective in achieving and maintaining remission in individual patients. Many of these drugs have generic equivalents which will cost less than the brand names, and would be covered by insurance. Other drugs, such as the newer biologics ( used more often, I would say, when other treatments have failed) would be more expensive but patients may be able to get help from the drug companies to pay for those.

https://www.webmd.com/ibd-crohns-dis...reating-crohns

Last edited by Travelassie; 10-09-2017 at 05:10 AM..

Old 10-09-2017, 08:36 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,241,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I don't know the price of "standard" crohns drugs...I don't deal with crohns. I just know the 4.5mg of LDN which is often the standard dose runs under $25...it did when I worked with it back in 2009 or so.

I'm saying the doctors prescribe the latest and greatest most expensive drugs AS A RULE...and not the cheaper drugs and I mentioned my sister with the MS drugs the doctors were forever prescribing...not one ever mentioned LDN. I thought I was pretty clear on what I'm saying .. my sister is gone in spite of the $100K's MS drugs.
Where did you get your MD and are you board certified in gastroenterology?

Old 10-09-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
I never have either. In fact, it's really disingenuous to suggest that docs won't prescribe medication because it's inexpensive, even if it's effective.

As for the costs of meds to treat Crohn's, there are a number of options out there and I guess it would depend on what is effective in achieving and maintaining remission in individual patients. Many of these drugs have generic equivalents which will cost less than the brand names, and would be covered by insurance. Other drugs, such as the newer biologics ( used more often, I would say, when other treatments have failed) would be more expensive but patients may be able to get help from the drug companies to pay for those.

https://www.webmd.com/ibd-crohns-dis...reating-crohns

Why is it disingenuous for a doctor to prescribe a less expensive drug? Don't get that reasoning, everyone is screaming about the out of sky high drug prices. I hear that often and I experience it too and even in my little drugs which are inexpensive, they've gone up a lot.

I was talking to a friend yesterday who has been hit with too many health issues as she's aged and one is crohns and she didn't know about LDN so I sent her some links. She's have a hard time right now with the crohns, then I have a longtime friend who's lived with crohns for probably 40some yrs....

Also, for Mikala, when I posted this I meant to say for crohns and ms, but forgot the ms in the title. Please forgive me. LDN is used by both conditions.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 10-09-2017 at 10:58 AM..

Old 10-09-2017, 10:25 AM

She said it is disingenuous to suggest..........

Old 10-09-2017, 11:29 AM

There are a listing of LDN doctors in one of the links I posted, did you see it? Mikala

My opinions are based on my thinking and experiences and whatever else is in my life. Facts, there are so many facts from so many fact making people. Which include skeptic scientists.

And so all the drugs my sister took for years were OK, she is not around to take more.

Medicines work for some and do nothing for many and give many side effects. I know that syndrome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness