Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 01:12 PM

820 posts, read 972,968 times

Advertisements

Last night, a couple of hours after eating dinner, my head began to gradually start hurting until it was really pounding. Not only was my head hurting, but my face and neck were killing me as well. I also had some lower abdominal cramps and my shoulders and back hurt a little bit also. I ate a ton of dessert last night as well due to the fact that I donated a lot of money to an organization and was able to take a lot of baked goods from a sale they were having. I went to bed fairly early because of how bad I was feeling and woke up a couple of times throughout the night with my head still hurting. I woke up at around 7:30 with a little bit of nausea and still the headache, but less severe than it had been, and then I woke up a couple of hours later (because I had to) and immediately felt like I was going to vomit. I got a garbage can and sat up in bed holding it for about 10 mins until it passed enough for me to get up and shower. Thinking of the rich desserts I ate last night didn’t help, it just made me gag. I was still feeling pretty crappy as I got ready, and since I was going on a car ride, I even felt the need to bring a plastic bag with me. My stomach was still queasy on the ride, and I felt a little nausea but not enough that I needed to take out the bag. I just went on about my day as normal because I was feeling better every minute, and even ate a normal lunch. Now my head is hurting a little bit again but nothing else. I don’t understand why this happened. The cafeteria at my college is really awful and I had some Chinese food last night that they were serving, so I wasn’t sure if it was that or not. I don’t know how I could’ve caught a bug either. One more thing I can think of is that I have a very stressful life, so maybe it was getting to me in its own way. And it could have been a migraine also, but I have never had one before, and the headache wasn’t so bad that I couldn’t turn the lights on or open my eyes. I know not many of us are doctors, but based on my description of everything, what do you think could have been the cause of all this? I had a few weird dreams last night also.

Last edited by xxblue100; 03-10-2018 at 01:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2018, 02:19 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times
Sounds like the stomach didn't like all the stuff you put in it. That sugar alone makes me shiver. How about MSG in the chinese foods.

Old 03-10-2018, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Sounds like the stomach didn't like all the stuff you put in it. How about MSG in the chinese foods.
Maybe. My head is hurting a little bit again now and I am tired, but I just don’t understand this.

Old 03-10-2018, 02:27 PM

4,413 posts, read 3,473,679 times
It sounds like a migraine to me. They don’t always have the effects you describe re the light etc.

Old 03-10-2018, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasel View Post
It sounds like a migraine to me. They don’t always have the effects you describe re the light etc.
Must be. I thought it might be the Chinese I ate, and I feel like if it was a bug I would have gotten sick already. My head is hurting again now, particularly when I stand up and bend over, but no nausea.

Old 03-10-2018, 06:48 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
You could be developing Type II diabetes. Talk to your doctor.

Old 03-10-2018, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
You could be developing Type II diabetes. Talk to your doctor.
Can't help but think it's the foods but what do I know. If it was me I would have taken a little baking soda to settle my stomach, but it's so hard to know what others are going thru.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 03-10-2018 at 07:22 PM..

Old 03-10-2018, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Can't help but think it's the foods but what do I know. If it was me I would have taken a little baking soda to settle my stomach, but it's so hard to know what others are going thru.
Yeah, I still have a tiny headache upon standing now but it goes away. I have also eaten a lot today and been hungry, etc. I also didn’t vomit at all, so it could have been a migraine, or simple stress. I really wish I knew but I certainly don’t think it was a stomach bug. This morning, just envisioning the cake pops I had last night (which I didn’t like, they were disgustingly sweet) was making me gag. Now I’m fine though.

Old 03-10-2018, 08:03 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,528,805 times
Do the stroke test for yourself. Any positive, see a doctor:
https://www.webmd.com/stroke/news/20...gnose-stroke#1

Page I saw also has link to notes on migraine.

"There are no doctors on C-D, but the occasional nurse or EMT wanders by"

Old 03-10-2018, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxblue100 View Post
Yeah, I still have a tiny headache upon standing now but it goes away. I have also eaten a lot today and been hungry, etc. I also didn’t vomit at all, so it could have been a migraine, or simple stress. I really wish I knew but I certainly don’t think it was a stomach bug. This morning, just envisioning the cake pops I had last night (which I didn’t like, they were disgustingly sweet) was making me gag. Now I’m fine though.
Sugars will make your stomach acidic. I've done a lot of reading of acidic foods and stomach upsets etc. I'm glad you are feeling better. Do you have a history of migraines?

It's true there are no doctors on C-D that I know of, but many doctors don't get it "right" with us anyway. I think I had heard there are some doctors here but diagnosing from a distance....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness