Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2020, 04:54 AM

11,054 posts, read 6,645,497 times

Advertisements

Well, I developed heart problems in March after traveling around in Spain on crowded trains, walking in crowds, etc.

I thought it was the well known side effect of the hydroxychloroquine carelessly prescribed to me for arthritis. But the more we learn about the virus, the heart problems could be from the virus itself. I don't know without a test.

Now we both have tightness in our throats that is very uncomfortable. Seeing an ENT tomorrow.

Also have lots of hair loss.

We had the MMR vaccine along with a few others before moving to So. America so that's good. We don't get flu shots though. Never have flu or colds, but got this bugger now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2020, 07:01 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,357,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidModUSA View Post
There is a blood type theory that says type A will get hit harder and type O will be least affected. Would love to see more data on that. I’m type A and was hit hard by the virus. Had it for 3.5 months, lost 15% of body weight, lost so much hair that I had to buy a wig! Have recovered but still not 100 percent. This year’s allergy season has been the worst so far for me and I can’t help but think it’s after effects of the virus. My husband (type AB) has actually gone into adult-onset asthma from the virus and now uses an inhaler. We are in our late 40’s. This virus is no joke. I actually said at my sickest point that if I was 15+ years older I might die. Our kids fared much better and don’t seem to have any after effects. I’m no expert, but based on my reading so far into current vaccine development and the history of vaccine development for these type of viruses, not sure we have hope for CV-19 vaccine any time soon.
My coworker and I were discussing this the other day. We are both type A. However, we know our genotypes are AO, because we each have a parent who is type O. She tested positive and was completely asymptomatic. She's in her late 50s/early 60s. We were wondering if someone who was AA vs AO would be hit harder, if they even looked at that yet, probably not.

Old 06-29-2020, 07:02 AM

16,600 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://news.yahoo.com/inside-body-c...150022628.html

Anyone who is still crazy enough to believe that the Coronavirus is "the same as" or "just another" flu NEEDS TO READ THIS ENTIRE ARTICLE
Why on earth do people still cling to the notion this virus (which clearly seems genetically engineered) was from someone eating a bat in Wuhan?

The virology lab right down the road was known to be a center doing experiments on of all things, corona viruses.
The director was on record as experimenting to make it more lethal and contagious.
Why would any scientist do that unless they were an insane kook, or were being funded by someone to create a bio-weapon?

`

Old 06-29-2020, 08:25 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
The virus was not known to be in humans until recently... but is found in animals, including bats. Animal to human transfer can happen and has happened.

This fact... does not change the possibility the virus came from the lab in Wuhan. The Chinese Communist Party isn't trustworthy.

Old 06-29-2020, 10:28 AM

9,096 posts, read 6,317,546 times
Quote:

Yeesh! That behavior sounds like bio-weapon straight from a science fiction movie.

Old 06-29-2020, 10:45 AM

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
https://news.yahoo.com/inside-body-c...150022628.html

Anyone who is still crazy enough to believe that the Coronavirus is "the same as" or "just another" flu NEEDS TO READ THIS ENTIRE ARTICLE
No, what they would need to do is read about *other* viruses to give them a frame of reference.

Old 06-29-2020, 11:58 AM

35,077 posts, read 31,302,097 times
Quote:
Just got off a Pandemic conference call.

The REALLY SCARY takeaway was that the viral process described in my OP will be causing a lifetime of lung and heart and ??? issues for all of these younger asymptomatic victims of the disease. We won't know for years after the Pandemic is over just what the healthcare outcome will be!
If they are having these lasting effects, they are truly not asymptomatic. Their symptoms may not as yet be detected, but someone who has had no evident disease then just turns up with massive lung scarring or whatever - I haven't heard of it.

Old 06-29-2020, 12:20 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,460,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
My entire family has had it as well as my wife's boss and none of us ended up in the hospital or with lung damage. I'm a triathlete and my times are on par to last year. My son had it the worst and he lost 15 lbs. I was just extremely tired for a week.
It would be interesting to know what blood type you and your family are, if you have that information.

Old 06-29-2020, 05:31 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Well, I developed heart problems in March after traveling around in Spain on crowded trains, walking in crowds, etc.

I thought it was the well known side effect of the hydroxychloroquine carelessly prescribed to me for arthritis. But the more we learn about the virus, the heart problems could be from the virus itself. I don't know without a test.

Now we both have tightness in our throats that is very uncomfortable. Seeing an ENT tomorrow.

Also have lots of hair loss.

We had the MMR vaccine along with a few others before moving to So. America so that's good. We don't get flu shots though. Never have flu or colds, but got this bugger now.
Hair loss can be associated with just about any severe illness.

https://dermnetnz.org/topics/telogen-effluvium/

Old 06-29-2020, 06:50 PM

2,284 posts, read 1,584,149 times
If you're worried about dying soon (Covid-19, Anarchists, or Gangs) then there' s no time better than now to get your affairs in order if you haven't done so yet. Living Trusts, Beneficiaries, Trust Administrators.
I heard once you get it, and whomever recovers, it remains dormant and may come back viciously. Best to be prepared so the deserving younger ones (those that aren't anarchists) can benefit in this wonderful world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness