Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2020, 03:05 AM

276 posts, read 283,163 times

Advertisements

This coming school year in my opinion is a wasted year. Parents, teachers, administrators, children will all be anxious about Covid if they return to in person instruction. One year of these kids lives is not going to "kill them"..but if school is opened for in person instruction in areas where the cases, hospitalizations, and deaths are high, perhaps a teacher, spouse of a teacher, elderly parent of a teacher might contract this virus and die. Save all the stress, anxiety of the kids, parents, teachers, administrators offer remote learning, hope for the best on learning and wait for a vaccine for in person learning in aug/sept of 2022.
One year of perhaps Johnny not learning as much as he would in a regular setting Pre Covid means nothing. Johnny hopefully has the rest of his life to become educated and maximize educational potential. Too risky in my opinion!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2020, 05:24 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Wow, you are SUCH an Arkansan!
What the heck does that mean or do you care to explain? Oh and what do you know about me anyway?

Old 07-26-2020, 05:29 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetotravel15 View Post
This coming school year in my opinion is a wasted year. Parents, teachers, administrators, children will all be anxious about Covid if they return to in person instruction. One year of these kids lives is not going to "kill them"..but if school is opened for in person instruction in areas where the cases, hospitalizations, and deaths are high, perhaps a teacher, spouse of a teacher, elderly parent of a teacher might contract this virus and die. Save all the stress, anxiety of the kids, parents, teachers, administrators offer remote learning, hope for the best on learning and wait for a vaccine for in person learning in aug/sept of 2022.
One year of perhaps Johnny not learning as much as he would in a regular setting Pre Covid means nothing. Johnny hopefully has the rest of his life to become educated and maximize educational potential. Too risky in my opinion!
oh my: this topic goes a little deeper than just missing a year of tradition school. Obviously you have not kids or grand kids that will be affected or it appears that way, plus what does school have to do with autopsies?

Old 07-26-2020, 08:23 AM

10,566 posts, read 7,767,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-...-patients.html

This crazy disease gets worser and worser

This is truly scary ****, I haven't seen anything like this in 60 years

What happened 60 years ago?

At least we can say that an autopsied patient won't be scared by the findings that their heart had been damaged.

Old 07-26-2020, 08:38 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,800,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Thanks for putting this in perspective. I'm totally sick of hearing armchair quarterbacking from people who just want to spout crap they know absolutely nothing about. When you don't know crap about crap, you should keep your mouth shut!
Thank you, but to be fair, I have a medical background. I can see through the disinformation a tad easier than people who are confused because of mixed messaging from the top. When you're medical experts are contradicting you, what do you do? Marginalize them, silence them, replace them, and replace the truth with a messaging campaign.

I've seen this time and time again with Trump supporters. They believe what they want to believe, they deny because it's too embarrassing to admit that you fell for a con job. It's unfortunate, it's destructive, and it allows this virus to rage out of control. It breaks my heart to see our once great country with a stellar CDC reduced to third world status.

You can't get low information people to read or research. I don't get it. I never will. There's too many useful idiots in our country.

Old 07-26-2020, 09:02 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,577,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I do not see how their conclusions are justified by their results. In essence they are saying more ICU patients die because they are sicker. Duh. They do not report autopsy findings.

The article in the OP does. If they are literally seeing similar changes in the heart in multiple COVID-19 deaths, odds are the virus is doing it.
And the findings in the OP are of selected patients on who they did autopsies. The same developments occurred with SARS-COVD in 2003. They're only saying that there are scattered cell damage in addition to one or more scars.

Old 07-26-2020, 09:26 AM

8,676 posts, read 22,925,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
oh my: this topic goes a little deeper than just missing a year of tradition school. Obviously you have not kids or grand kids that will be affected or it appears that way, plus what does school have to do with autopsies?
I have 3 grandkids, all 5 and under and both of my DIL are teachers with their Master of Education. I feel the same as this poster, our youth can be off track for one year. The only children that will suffer will be those of parents that are not involved with their children. These parents are across all economic backgrounds, from the working poor to those with more money than sense. Those are the children that suffer while school is in session in their respective buildings or with remote learning - some things just will not change.

Until we get a handle on this disease, we cannot put our educators at risk. There already is a serious teacher shortage - there is no way they can teach their current load at 50% x 2, which is what many in-person curriculums are proposing. I think parents must take the helm with at-home learning and stop depending on schools to raise their children. For way too long we have been fighting schools to leave the parenting to the parent. It's time for parents to step it up.

Old 07-26-2020, 02:55 PM

2,579 posts, read 2,071,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
The claim was backtracked soon after it was reported several weeks ago. It's not due to the virus being anything special. Any serious respiratory illness has the chance to damage the heart along with the lungs.

heart problems in ICU patients likely not due to virus
The CIDRAP article you cite came out a month before the article that the OP posted which summarized an LSU paper published a few days earlier but still a nearly a full month after the article you say refuted it. Not related.

Old 07-26-2020, 03:06 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
And the findings in the OP are of selected patients on who they did autopsies. The same developments occurred with SARS-COVD in 2003. They're only saying that there are scattered cell damage in addition to one or more scars.
The point is that the autopsied patients are showing similar findings, which supports the conclusion that those findings are caused by the virus.

Old 07-26-2020, 04:00 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Are you saying it's all fake, we should reopen everything and move on because it's all fake news? The hospitals in some areas aren't really filling up with COVID patients? Get real, take off the tinfoil hat, and understand that the virus is a threat, and the American penchant for hating to be told what to do is making things worse.

The number of vaccine injuries is far smaller than the number of people who would die or suffer injuries from vaccine preventable diseases.
Um, what?

What are YOU trying to say? Because I said nothing of the sort.

What I SAID WAS: They are cherry picking what is being looked at. And if they can use 22 people as an example, they can certainly publish an article on 22 people who have been vaccine injured. But they aren't why?

CHERRY PICKING.

You apparently have such a huge tinfoil hat it covers your eyes and stops you from reading word for word what other people post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness