Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2020, 06:31 PM

1,428 posts, read 1,034,664 times

Advertisements

Hundreds of thousands around the world have agreed with this sensible approach to the pandemic. Read it and sign it, if you also agree:

https://gbdeclaration.org
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2020, 06:56 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,496,673 times
Just taking one sentence from this: Young low-risk adults should work normally, rather than from home. What if this young low-risk adult lives with an elderly high-risk adult such as a parent or grandparent? I didn't see anything in this declaration that covers something like that.

I missed the article that determined herd immunity exists, if it exists, that's awesome!

Old 12-19-2020, 01:55 AM

37,111 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Countering the "Declaration"

https://www.johnsnowmemo.com/

"Any pandemic management strategy relying upon immunity from natural infections for COVID-19 is flawed. Uncontrolled transmission in younger people risks significant morbidity and mortality across the whole population. In addition to the human cost, this would impact the workforce as a whole and overwhelm the ability of healthcare systems to provide acute and routine care."

Old 12-19-2020, 05:32 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,150,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Just taking one sentence from this: Young low-risk adults should work normally, rather than from home. What if this young low-risk adult lives with an elderly high-risk adult such as a parent or grandparent? I didn't see anything in this declaration that covers something like that.

I missed the article that determined herd immunity exists, if it exists, that's awesome!
If the young workers, that are living with their parents, are willing to move out of the parent's house and rent or buy their own place it might work. Of course they cannot return to the parent's house to get their laundry done or ask for more money. There should be a clause in that declaration that states I will immediately move out and take care of my own needs until the pandemic is over.

Taking this, the young will be allowed to work normally one step further, isn't this exactly what cooperate America always wanted? They get to replace the old with the young for considerably less money. Of course the old will no longer be able to guarantee an inheritance for the young - but they did not need it anyway, their working (even if it is for less money)!

As it is, there should only be a few more months before there is enough vaccine for everybody. Of course we do not know how all of this will play out, but before we jump the gun with a silly petition, I think it is far better to wait and see.

PS One last point to the OP: While hundreds of thousands agree, there are seven and a half billion of us!

Old 12-19-2020, 08:36 AM

5,714 posts, read 4,294,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
As it is, there should only be a few more months before there is enough vaccine for everybody.

Unfortunately most of the people signing the declaration won't be taking the vaccine

Old 12-20-2020, 03:34 PM

17,587 posts, read 13,367,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post

As of last Wed night (I attended a zoom meeting with several well known epidemiologists) WE ARE NOWHERE NEAR HERD IMMUNITY IN THE US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will take 70-80% immune to hit herd. Unfortunately, too many anti-vaxers will keep us from getting there for quite some time

Old 12-20-2020, 07:03 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,150,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Unfortunately most of the people signing the declaration won't be taking the vaccine
If Pfizer and Moderna do not get a handle on the adverse reactions then that group could grow larger. I am thinking that all of the adverse reactions are to the Pfizer vaccine because Moderna has not had enough time since they were just recently licensed to sell. It would be interesting if Moderna does not have the same problems with adverse reactions as Pfizer? But we will not know for another week or two.

Old 12-20-2020, 07:08 PM

4,182 posts, read 5,064,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
It will take 70-80% immune to hit herd.
Keep in mind that anyone who has already been infected (whether they've been tested, or not) counts towards that 70%.

Old 12-20-2020, 08:01 PM

37,111 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
If Pfizer and Moderna do not get a handle on the adverse reactions then that group could grow larger. I am thinking that all of the adverse reactions are to the Pfizer vaccine because Moderna has not had enough time since they were just recently licensed to sell. It would be interesting if Moderna does not have the same problems with adverse reactions as Pfizer? But we will not know for another week or two.
Right now the most likely suspect is polyethylene glycol, which is a known allergen. It is also in the Moderna vaccine.

It was fascinating to see how widespread PEG use is, from the stuff that cleans you out for a colonoscopy to many medications to cosmetics and skin care products. It is unsurprising that there would be people primed by previous exposure who have allergic reactions to it in the vaccine(s).

There are other vaccines in the pipeline. No way to tell right now whether any are PEG free.

If the problem is PEG then a potential solution for Moderna and Pfizer is reformulation without it, but that might be difficult.

Also, people with known severe allergies could get tested and if their tests are positive wait for a vaccine without it.

This poor lady had a real problem with PEG:

https://aacijournal.biomedcentral.co...223-016-0172-7

Old 12-20-2020, 10:49 PM

1,974 posts, read 1,104,428 times
Resume as normal because there is good treatment now, we just need to wake up and follow it. Either HCQ or Ivermectin

Critical Care COVID-19 Management Protocol

"Peer-reviewed hydroxychloroquine study finds 84% fewer hospitalizations among early treated outpatients"

If we quit playing politics, we had HCQ back in March. Ivermectin has emerged as even a better treatment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness