Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2021, 10:07 AM

1,974 posts, read 1,103,000 times

Advertisements

https://www.city-data.com/forum/sear...rchid=42441449

Old 04-08-2021, 10:16 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,794,120 times
I had my first shot with Moderna last Tuesday. I had a slight headache all day and felt a bit fatigued most of the day with a sore arm on Wednesday. I still managed to wash floors, cook two meals, clean up the kitchen twice and do some laundry.

I was tired, but certainly not incapacitated. I do know someone who was sick for 5 days after taking the Moderna vaccine. He was but one out of the many people I know who are now vaccinated with first and second doses.

I will get my second shot on May 4th. I will certainly be there. Now if we can just get my husband in. Mild side effects vs the rare severe side effects? I think that's where the vast majority of people fall. Well worth the slight discomfort to put this pandemic behind us.

Old 04-08-2021, 10:53 AM

117 posts, read 46,896 times
No side effects after 8 days, J & J

Old 04-08-2021, 10:59 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Got the J&J vaccine 11 days ago....was fine with no side effects until yesterday afternoon when I started noticing a ringing in my right ear.

Could be tinnitus or an ear infection. Checked with a friend who lives in my building and is the Chief Medical Officer for Miami Dade. He has heard tinnitus as a possible vaccine side effect.

Hope it is temporary. In the meantime, I have laid off Floanase and just started taking a decongestant to see if that helps. Will give it a few more days before I go to Urgent Care or meet with my physician in 12 days.
Any update??

Old 04-08-2021, 11:28 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
I had my 2nd Moderna shot this Tuesday, the following day I had a touch of nausea and a serious feeling of fatigue, I called in to work but probably could have gone in, I just knew what was waiting and didn't feel like I had the energy to do it (and I didn't, as I laid on the couch most of the day)

Many of my co workers also felt ill after they got the 2nd one when I did, but the good news is symptoms usually pass in 24-36 hours.

Old 04-09-2021, 08:45 AM

5,867 posts, read 11,926,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlady View Post
I got my first Pfizer shot last Wednesday and had a slightly sore arm and nothing more.
Had my second Pfizer shot yesterday around noon. My arm didn't start getting sore until about 8 PM. My husband was joking that he didn't think they gave me a shot since I didn't have a bandaid and my arm didn't hurt. I took some ibuprofen later that evening and I woke up today just fine. I had planned to have a down day in case I had side effects but so far so good.

Old 04-09-2021, 11:42 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,568,955 times
I had my Pfizer first shot five weeks ago. I felt fine except I started having arrhythmia problems and it only has gotten worse.
Thankfully, they are the PVC and not AFIB. But the head nurse at the cardiology clinic told me they are seeing A LOT of their arrhythmia patients having exacerbation from all three of the vaccines.
I found a forum for arrhythmia and sure enough there’s many complaints even with people who never had arrhythmia before and it started after getting the vaccine. Just something to be aware of.

Old 04-09-2021, 03:11 PM

273 posts, read 208,070 times
No side effects 19 days after J&J. Never had any issues, not even a sore arm.

Old 04-09-2021, 03:43 PM

733 posts, read 467,314 times
I had my second Pfizer vaccine today at 1 pm. I had no side effects with the first dose. It’s about 6 p.m. here now and no side effects yet but it’s still early. I’ll post back if I have any.

Old 04-09-2021, 05:58 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,101,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I had my Pfizer first shot five weeks ago. I felt fine except I started having arrhythmia problems and it only has gotten worse.
Thankfully, they are the PVC and not AFIB. But the head nurse at the cardiology clinic told me they are seeing A LOT of their arrhythmia patients having exacerbation from all three of the vaccines.
I found a forum for arrhythmia and sure enough there’s many complaints even with people who never had arrhythmia before and it started after getting the vaccine. Just something to be aware of.
Thank you for posting this.

I am livid. My college aged daughter got the Moderna yesterday. MY daughter. Who is the biological sibling of my first daughter who died after vaccination as a baby. Who is the biological sibling of my 17 year old son who has been diagnosed as vaccine injured & is permanently disabled.

My daughter, who has a history of arrhythmia, disregarded her horrifying family medical history of fatal & serious adverse events from vaccines ... got a vaccine on campus at CU & is now experiencing an irregular heartbeat. I can't go through this again. She's a smart kid but I can't compete with the propaganda on campus. Thanks to your post, she is going to the ER to get checked out.

If anything happens to her, people are going to be hearing about this "antivax" mother on the news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.