Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2021, 07:15 PM

35,071 posts, read 17,014,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medical Lab Guy View Post
Good for you. The antivaxxers are so full of misinformation out there. Never take anything they say at face value. It's a mindset and lifestyle that isn't responsive to logical facts. There is some tragedy in there with autism and the need to blame it on something will always be there. That fear goes beyond autism and vaccines though. .

I got the Pfizer vaccine and the first was uneventful but on the second I hurt immediately and eventually ended up with a hematoma about 6" X 6 " on my arm.
My son, born around the height of the "autism vaccine" scare, on the high-functioning end of the autism spectrum. Two things:
  1. We don't blame it on anyone or anything; and
  2. We are one of the few parents of children on the spectrum who have an intact, happy marriage.

Old 04-26-2021, 09:43 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
REPORT YOUR SIDE EFFECTs OF COVID VACCINE

There have had to be mass deletions due to off topic fighting. This thread is for SIDE EFFECTS.

If you want to discuss COVID and VACCINES please go to CURRENT EVENTS General Covid Thread.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/curr...l#post60904629 THIS is where to post about COVID and VACCINES.

Last edited by in_newengland; 04-26-2021 at 11:23 AM..

Old 04-27-2021, 01:36 AM

6,896 posts, read 22,530,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
My son, mother and myself all had Pfizer. We've all had 2 doses now. The only symptom we've had is a sore arm.

My daughter and her husband had 2 doses of Moderna. They had debilitating symptoms for 1-3 days.
My 2nd dose was on 4-21. Sore arm has finally abated.

Old 04-28-2021, 04:17 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,658,433 times
Day after 2nd Moderna shot today. A little tired, small headache, low grade fever (99.8) & sore shoulder. Supposedly good since immunity kicking in, but I don't feel great about it. My brother got his...of course is fine.

Old 04-28-2021, 04:20 PM

130,332 posts, read 12,105,905 times
I was really tired the day after Pfizer shot 2, so I went to bed early & woke up fine the next day. But sometimes I get "tired" days for no cause.

Old 04-29-2021, 04:56 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,658,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Day after 2nd Moderna shot today. A little tired, small headache, low grade fever (99.8) & sore shoulder. Supposedly good since immunity kicking in, but I don't feel great about it. My brother got his...of course is fine.

2 days after 2nd Moderna shot now...feel perfectly fine...side effects only lasted one day for me.

Old 04-30-2021, 07:44 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
4 days after second Pfizer shot.
NADA — feel great, less arm tenderness than first shot. No side effects at all, not even tiredness this time.
First shot triggered some bad arrhythmia, but not the second shot.

Old 04-30-2021, 08:02 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLands View Post
People are afraid of RNA vaccines because they are "new". However, not entirely new. They have been worked on for over a decade, and tested in different applications. Just because they were "new" to covid-19, does not mean the RNA vaccine was untested. So they were not tested for "two months". They were tested only for a few months with the covid spike protein, but that shouldn't matter, there's nothing alarming about that, imho.
There's a lot more to be afraid of in getting covid.
Right. And, more apparent complications from "traditional" ones like J and J and Astrozeneca. I'm very sensitive to meds, vaccines, etc. I avoid unless absolutely necessary. I got the vaccine because it was the logical thing to do, not letting fear of a vaccine intervene in my judgement. I'm glad I got it, only way out of this mess.

Old 04-30-2021, 08:59 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
3) Flu.. How many times have you heard "I won't take a flu shot. Last time I did, it gave me the flu"? Think that through.. You know they didn't get the flu.. So what did they get? A strong immune response to it.

Outside of those.. What vaccinations does someone over the age of 6 get?

You've heard of it.. Just didn't realize you did..

What I'm kinda curious about.. Is there any correlation between the reactions to a tetnus shot, or flu shot and the COVID vaccination shot? If you "got the flu" from the flu shot, does that mean you'll likely have a strong reaction to the COVID vax?
I never have "gotten the flu" after my annual flu shot. I had what I would consider a mild but expected response to the COVID vax (unlike zero response other than a sore injection site for a couple of days from the "flu shot). I mean, I felt tired and ran a low grade fever for about 36 hours - off and on, not constant - after the COVID 19 shot and then suddenly, BOOM, it lifted. I can tell you exactly when I suddenly felt fine - it was at 8 pm Sunday evening, and I had my second vaccination (Pfizer) the day before around 10 am. I had no symptoms at all till about 10 pm Saturday night - low grade fever and chills - but they went away after I took an ibuprofen. Then Sunday morning I felt fine, went to church and felt fine through church and then out to eat afterward, but then when we were nearly done with our meal, suddenly I just felt extremely tired and by the time we got home, I had a low grade fever which lasted till 8 pm, so I felt tired and had mild chills off and on. No worries - it was Sunday and I just laid on the sofa and binge watched something or other and a few hours later I felt fine.

So I don't know whether I would call that mild or "strong." Some might call it either way. I just know I had some symptoms I considered to be mild but which would have kept me from doing anything significant like going to work or shopping or going out with friends or whatever. All I felt like doing was laying on my sofa for a few hours.

Old 04-30-2021, 03:12 PM

10,951 posts, read 3,695,520 times
Have you had covid vaccine side effects?

None . . And I got the 1st shot of the Moderna last Sunday the 25th of April ..

And I await for the 2nd and FINAL one come May 23rd or even a couple of days before
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness