Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2021, 02:32 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,953,461 times

Advertisements

Yes. And how!!!

Moderna #2, yesterday.

Right now I have severe body aches, alternating between chills and fever, I feel like I've been body slammed, and like my left arm was punched by Bruce Lee doing his close punch.

Old 05-07-2021, 03:31 PM

424 posts, read 175,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Yes. And how!!!

Moderna #2, yesterday.

Right now I have severe body aches, alternating between chills and fever, I feel like I've been body slammed, and like my left arm was punched by Bruce Lee doing his close punch.
Feel better! You will likely wake up tomorrow morning feeling like your normal self, maybe except for your arm. Fingers crossed!

Old 05-07-2021, 04:23 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,953,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelized Onion View Post
Feel better! You will likely wake up tomorrow morning feeling like your normal self, maybe except for your arm. Fingers crossed!
Thank you!

Last time I was feeling better by Saturday, except for the arm, and just about normal by Sunday.

Old 05-07-2021, 05:50 PM

349 posts, read 244,305 times
Moderna shot 1 (4 weeks and 1 day ago): I had a sore arm for a couple of days (couldn’t lift it, so had to miss my weekly ballroom dance party). Also had some pink around the injection site.

Moderna shot 2 (yesterday). A few hours later got the sore arm again, but no discoloration around the injection site. BUT today have felt feverish on and off. Been periodically checking my temps and taking Tylenol about every 6 hours. Definitely had a low fever (usual is 97.4ish... I’ve been over 98 a few times today, right around when my Tylenol wears off). Also have been COLD even though I’m in the SC heat. Put on a jacket and slippers, wrapped in a blanket. I surprisingly worked a full work day (work at home) but thankfully was a bit slow, as I felt kind of foggy on and off.

We are traveling tomorrow, thankfully my husband plans to drive. He got Pfizer (second dose yesterday) and other than a bout of feeling tired yesterday, he seems to be faring much better than I! Still thankful mine is fairly mild and could be worse... but I haven’t been sick in what feels like a long time, and I’ve never had flu, so wonder is this what it feels like? Hopefully a good nights rest and I’ll feel better tomorrow.

Old 05-07-2021, 06:04 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luo2013 View Post
Moderna shot 1 (4 weeks and 1 day ago): I had a sore arm for a couple of days (couldn’t lift it, so had to miss my weekly ballroom dance party). Also had some pink around the injection site.

Moderna shot 2 (yesterday). A few hours later got the sore arm again, but no discoloration around the injection site. BUT today have felt feverish on and off. Been periodically checking my temps and taking Tylenol about every 6 hours. Definitely had a low fever (usual is 97.4ish... I’ve been over 98 a few times today, right around when my Tylenol wears off). Also have been COLD even though I’m in the SC heat. Put on a jacket and slippers, wrapped in a blanket. I surprisingly worked a full work day (work at home) but thankfully was a bit slow, as I felt kind of foggy on and off.

We are traveling tomorrow, thankfully my husband plans to drive. He got Pfizer (second dose yesterday) and other than a bout of feeling tired yesterday, he seems to be faring much better than I! Still thankful mine is fairly mild and could be worse... but I haven’t been sick in what feels like a long time, and I’ve never had flu, so wonder is this what it feels like? Hopefully a good nights rest and I’ll feel better tomorrow.
The flu for me always feels a WHOLE LOT WORSE AND FOR A LOT LONGER.

Old 05-07-2021, 06:34 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
I had no real problems with a sore arm or chills from my Pfizer vaccinations. But I did develop 'trigger finger' or 'Blackberry thumb' shortly after my second vaccination. I am 74 and it could just be a coincidence? But I did talk to one other person that ended up with the problem after his second shot. I am doing YouTube stretches to help the problem and they seem to be working. Hopefully, it will go away and I will not need the surgery.

Old 05-07-2021, 07:17 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,063,385 times
I had my first vaccination over two months ago, so I’m now waiting to be called up for my second dose soon. I had the British version, Oxford/AstraZeneca. And I’ll probably get the same version for my second dose.

Having read through a few comments on American vaccines and their side-effects, I must say that I got pretty much the same side-effects with the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine.

The actual injection was fine - I made sure that I had it in my left arm, as I knew that it would probably make my arm sore eventually. As I am right-handed, I wanted to keep that arm ok, so I could carry on using it to make food and drink etc.

So I had the injection around lunch time, and like I said, I was fine first of all but by the time evening came around, I got really tired so went to bed. I wish I’d taken some Paracetamol before bed, as I woke up around three or four hours late feeling all shivery, like I was coming down with something.

The next day, I was exhausted and just kept going back to bed to sleep. I also had achy joints and a headache, so I kept taking Paracetamol every four hours or so. And I wasn’t cold and shivery anymore… I came out in a sweat a few times.

I still felt tired the day after that. I felt a bit nauseous at one point, so I went back to bed, with a bucket next to me - but I wasn’t actually sick, I just fell asleep. The next day, I felt a bit better. And so I carried on getting better every day from then on.

To anyone who has just had the vaccine… don’t worry, you will feel better soon. Just take it easy - have lots of sleep, plenty of water to drink, and take some Paracetamol.

And for anyone who’s vaccine is coming up… make sure you get some easy to cook meals in, as you won’t feel like doing much cooking afterwards! And if you are right-handed, like I am, then offer up your left arm to be injected. And if you are left-handed, then do the opposite!

Good luck everyone.

Old 05-07-2021, 08:51 PM

13,276 posts, read 7,316,697 times
1st Moderna Shot was sore arm for 24 hours the same as a flu shot. No further symptoms.

2st Moderna Shot was sore arm same thing, but then woke up at 2am with a high fever, and chills measured 104.5. coughing, sore joints, foggy headed. I took Tylenol like advised 2 650meg pills brought the temp down to 101.2 still having some chills. About 4 hours later Tylenol wore off and 104.3 temp is back again chills can't seem to get warm using hot-pad and extra cloths. I call out sick from work. Take Tylenol again same thing last about 4 hour this goes on until the next night I'm working from home I don't call in sick but too foggy headed to do much work.

Also worsening congestions in the chests non productive coughing. That night starting to feel better I continue taking Tylenol around the clock I'm able to sleep this is 3rd night. Next day fever is 99 this is 2 days now since getting the 2nd shot. Cough turns to a dry cough now new problem headache pounding left side of my head. I never get headaches kind of scary the way they feel I decide this is enough its been 4 days after the vaccine I take 800 MG of Ibuprofen with in 4 hours all symptoms are gone. Today still little foggy headed but haven't had to take anything. Speaking to others who also got the Moderna 2nd shot took them 2 weeks to fully recover from it. If I get another headache ill be taking Ibuprofen I don't care what they advise Tylenol only dulls it.

Old 05-07-2021, 08:54 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,659,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Yes. And how!!!

Moderna #2, yesterday.

Pretty similar to me the day after Moderna #2...very tired, mild headache, low grade fever (99.8), and very sore left arm...only lasted one day...fine after that.

Last edited by Fisherman99; 05-07-2021 at 10:04 PM..

Old 05-07-2021, 09:01 PM

3,024 posts, read 2,241,251 times
1st Pfizer: Sore arm for a few days
2nd Pfizer:
Day 1- sore arm, slept like total garbage
Day 2- very sore arm, fever of 100.6, sweats/chills, exhaustion, ALL of the body/joint aches. Slept like the dead, both for a nap and all night even in spite of the sweats and chills.
Day 3 (today)- arm is much less sore, body aches almost gone, headache, temp spiking here and there but normal most of the day, took a solid nap.

I read that side effects tend to track with age, so FWIW, I'm 40-45yo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness