Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 07:50 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,617,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
I'm on it,I'll let you know how it is
thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 10:51 AM

3,412 posts, read 10,169,008 times
I can't even remember when i had soda last time.
I drink mostly water, or buy juices, i know they are full of sugar, but i don't drink them often either.
If i drink soda once in a blue moon, it's a 100% soda, nothing diet about it
Lately, i've been drinking Vitamin/Life Water

Old 05-21-2008, 11:08 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,584,054 times
I started buying "Diet Rite", it's sweetened with sucralose and doesn't have any caffeine.

Old 05-21-2008, 11:17 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,470,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I started buying "Diet Rite", it's sweetened with sucralose and doesn't have any caffeine.
Pretty much anything 'diet' is not good. People are mislead because of the word diet in it,which frankly I have found to sometimes be Worse than the regular.
I used to get those protein drinks as well as the bars and then came the 'low carb' craze. I found later that they were just replacing the regular sugar in them with not aspartame,which people were on to by that point,but that suckralose or Splenda. The stuff started making me feel weird,come to find out later that it's 2 parts bleach! I started wanting the sugar back! But no dice. All the companies now are pushing this other poison,which I call the aspartame of the future. Once enough damage is done and pretty much everyone is being affected by it,then they'll find something else.

Old 05-21-2008, 03:32 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,219,774 times
Ok, I think I'm convinced. We'll finish off the diet soda that we have and then not buy more. Sucks though because I LIKE it!

I have a feeling I will get bored with water, but maybe I can get used to squeezing some lemon juice into it which would be nice.

Any comments on the crystal lite packets? Just as evil as the diet soda??

Old 05-21-2008, 04:00 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,470,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
lol years ago we used to call it 'Cancer lite' because it had the aspartame which was found to cause cancer in lab rats.

You don't have to just drink water,there have been some good ideas in this thread.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:45 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,627,331 times
Water alone gets very good when you drink it regularly. What I've found is that it doesn't interfere with the tastes of foods. So I find myself not liking as much sugar or salt in foods because it starts tasting excessively sweet. Now I eat FAR healthier and I don't feel like I'm depriving myself.

As for water, be creative if you want something different. Put a piece of lemon, lime, orange, etc in it. I've even put slices of cucumber in a pitcher of water and it gives it a very pleasant aroma without changing the taste.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:54 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,617,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
Ok, I think I'm convinced. We'll finish off the diet soda that we have and then not buy more. Sucks though because I LIKE it!

I have a feeling I will get bored with water, but maybe I can get used to squeezing some lemon juice into it which would be nice.

thats the only way I drink my water. I cut up a fresh lemon in it every day. After awhile it becomes a habit and a natural way to lose weight.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:00 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,219,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
You don't have to just drink water,there have been some good ideas in this thread.
There haven't been many ideas for drinks (apart from water) that everyone agrees on!
There's either too much sugar, too many sweetners or it's too expensive. Lol.

Old 05-21-2008, 09:52 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
To me it is likie eating salt the more you eat the more you want to get that same taste. Diet soda taste very sweet and IMO it makes you crave very sweet things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness