Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2021, 09:41 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,914,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
oh BS. I was in an ER the other day for 8 hrs with a person who would be a patient. I saw nothing out of the ordinary for a normal ER. Yes there were a few covid patients and a few flu patients which was becoming more of a problem than covid. there was an OB patient in trouble, addicted patients detoxing, psych patients who were in bad shape, an elderly person who hadfallen and broken a hip, etc etc.
The place was busy but not crazy. just normal ER business.

it is NOT normal to wait in an ER waiting room for 8 hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2021, 11:04 AM

2,465 posts, read 2,762,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
In NYC it sure is unless you're literally dying when brought in.

Old 12-27-2021, 11:14 AM

14,945 posts, read 12,139,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Sadly thats a whole other thread of people who use an ambulance as a taxi service. (Obviously not TRUE emergencies)
And making those ambulances unavailable to those with true emergencies who might need them.

Old 12-27-2021, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Actually that seems to be the norm in many urban hospitals. We could count on at least a six hour wait in the ER for things that didn't require immediate attention, like broken bones, stitches, when we lived in Miami. There seemed to be many people there who used the ER for their routine medical care, or for non- emergency situations.

Though they did take us right away for a cardiac emergency ( me), and when my husband had a TIA.

Old 12-27-2021, 11:58 AM

13,246 posts, read 7,304,105 times
What I didn't think was good was the fact there was no social distancing, or rapid testing done on anyone in the room. Several I saw had fevers yet were packed into the typical waiting room. I was told another room which had one person sitting there was for covid patients I'm assuming it was someone who had produced test results. In the last 2 years we haven't progressed much on testing still having to wait 24-36 hours on test results.

Old 12-27-2021, 02:42 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
Hospitals are overwhelmed because they fired staff who refused the jab. Most already had Covid working through the height of it last year so had natural immunity. The ones who didn't get Covid clearly were good at preventing it without the jab. Does it make sense to fire doctors and nurses during a pandemic? Or should I say plandemic? Did you know that hospitals get govt bonuses for each jabbed staff member and Covid patient?

Don't forget that emergency rooms triage patients. Most serious cases first. I went to the ER because I thought I had a blood clot which is an emergency, so I was one of the first treated. Covid was the least of my worries. But while I was waiting, an ambulance brought in a thrashing, screaming patient bleeding out. Clearly he needed attention first.

Most people who had Covid, including me, treated themselves at home by having the various supplements proven effective, as well as therapeutics like Ivermectin. Anyone who hasn't had Covid yet should keep a stock on hand. At the bare minimum vit C, D3, zinc and quercitin. My symptoms were so mild the four days I was at my sickest, which wasn't terribly sick, I wasn't even sure I had it until I saw my doc the following week for something unrelated. Don't forget Covid only has a 1% death rate unless you are in the high risk group.

Old 12-27-2021, 02:50 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
oh BS. I was in an ER the other day for 8 hrs with a person who would be a patient. I saw nothing out of the ordinary for a normal ER. Yes there were a few covid patients and a few flu patients which was becoming more of a problem than covid. there was an OB patient in trouble, addicted patients detoxing, psych patients who were in bad shape, an elderly person who hadfallen and broken a hip, etc etc.
The place was busy but not crazy. just normal ER business.
There are about 6000 hospitals with ERs in the US.

No two ERs are experiencing the same situation.

Old 12-27-2021, 03:11 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
In CA and no doubt elsewhere, illegals are part of the jam up. They don't have health insurance so the ER is their 'doctor.' At least two ERs closed in SoCal several years ago due to this. So many US citizens even with insurance were put at risk by having to travel farther away. No idea what the status of closures is now or since.

Old 12-27-2021, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
In CA and no doubt elsewhere, illegals are part of the jam up. They don't have health insurance so the ER is their 'doctor.' At least two ERs closed in SoCal several years ago due to this. So many US citizens even with insurance were put at risk by having to travel farther away. No idea what the status of closures is now or since.

It's illegals, people without insurance, homeless people......

Old 12-27-2021, 05:20 PM

5,425 posts, read 3,488,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Hospitals are overwhelmed because they fired staff who refused the jab. Most already had Covid working through the height of it last year so had natural immunity. The ones who didn't get Covid clearly were good at preventing it without the jab. Does it make sense to fire doctors and nurses during a pandemic? Or should I say plandemic? Did you know that hospitals get govt bonuses for each jabbed staff member and Covid patient?

Don't forget that emergency rooms triage patients. Most serious cases first. I went to the ER because I thought I had a blood clot which is an emergency, so I was one of the first treated. Covid was the least of my worries. But while I was waiting, an ambulance brought in a thrashing, screaming patient bleeding out. Clearly he needed attention first.

Most people who had Covid, including me, treated themselves at home by having the various supplements proven effective, as well as therapeutics like Ivermectin. Anyone who hasn't had Covid yet should keep a stock on hand. At the bare minimum vit C, D3, zinc and quercitin. My symptoms were so mild the four days I was at my sickest, which wasn't terribly sick, I wasn't even sure I had it until I saw my doc the following week for something unrelated. Don't forget Covid only has a 1% death rate unless you are in the high risk group.
I thought the bolded was unproven a year ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness