Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2022, 03:41 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongevitySeeker View Post
Many rats are even genetically altered for special testing purposes. They even have a rat that is born bacteria- free. It has no bacteria in its digestive system.

But no one ever mentioned the "7 ways." Not one person challenged it. And it didn't even include everything. The eighth way: Animal protein, when metabolized, is acidic to the body and cancer thrives in an acidic environment.

The problem is: You don't know what you don't know. You only know what you know and that's as far as you're willing to go.

And of course your not saying how much.

The very first item was wrong:

1) Number one has to do with "Animal Protein And Fiber" (or total lack thereof)

Just because someone has a steak doesn't mean they aren't getting fiber from the rest of their diet. It in no way is damaging your health, because eating an animal product doesn't mean you are not eating fiber.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2022, 08:55 PM

3,439 posts, read 2,414,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post

Just because someone has a steak doesn't mean they aren't getting fiber from the rest of their diet. It in no way is damaging your health, because eating an animal product doesn't mean you are not eating fiber.
Logical fallacies are lost on anyone with an agenda. They use them, but don't really understand that most semi-intelligent readers know that's what they are, and will call them on it.

Old 08-02-2022, 07:18 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
Having a red meat allergy, I miss having a steak or hamberger. Grilled, nice and rare, dripping juice! Oh yum! Those were the good days!
Did you get bit by a Lone Star tick?

Old 08-02-2022, 07:25 AM

17,206 posts, read 15,404,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
I've never owned a rat. And I'm also not a man.

That won't stop some posters though - facts are just in the way of their rhetoric so they slide right past'em.
Yeah I meant to edit that part of my post but I was too late. Apologies.

Old 08-02-2022, 08:07 AM

761 posts, read 447,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post

Did you read the explanation given by clicking on the link? It's not that the average person doesn't get any fiber in their diet, it's that they don't get enough.

"The Institute of Medicine recommends that men consume 38 grams of fiber, but the average adult only eats about 15 grams per day- less than half the recommended amount."

Then in the next paragraph, it mentions that a high intake of fiber is associated with a lower risk of such diseases as cancer, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease, constipation and diverticulitis. And it says it might reduce the risk of stroke, high cholesterol, and heart disease.

It didn't mention autoimmune diseases but many books I have read, by doctors, say that they have had patients who were cured of such things as MS by paying attention to such things. But not just fiber alone, it has to do with the whole diet/lifestyle.

A common mistake by people who dislike high fiber foods is that they find excuses not to eat them. They will wonder why they should eat a lot of foods they don't like when they could just take a fiber supplement.

Note: It mentions 38 grams of fiber for men but neglects to say that because women are usually smaller than men, it could be more like 25 to 30 grams.

If a person eats a vegan diet then everything they eat contains fiber and there's no need to try to calculate the amount of fiber. But the more animal protein one eats, the more likely it will be displacing fiber and the nutrients that come from fiber. But it's not only about nutrients. There are about 4 or 5 important reasons to consume fiber in one's diet. But I don't have time for that right now.

Last edited by LongevitySeeker; 08-02-2022 at 08:16 AM..

Old 08-02-2022, 08:38 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Did you read the explanation given by clicking on the link? It's not that the average person doesn't get any fiber in their diet, it's that they don't get enough.

"The Institute of Medicine recommends that men consume 38 grams of fiber, but the average adult only eats about 15 grams per day- less than half the recommended amount."

Then in the next paragraph, it mentions that a high intake of fiber is associated with a lower risk of such diseases as cancer, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease, constipation and diverticulitis. And it says it might reduce the risk of stroke, high cholesterol, and heart disease.

It didn't mention autoimmune diseases but many books I have read, by doctors, say that they have had patients who were cured of such things as MS by paying attention to such things. But not just fiber alone, it has to do with the whole diet/lifestyle.

A common mistake by people who dislike high fiber foods is that they find excuses not to eat them. They will wonder why they should eat a lot of foods they don't like when they could just take a fiber supplement.

Note: It mentions 38 grams of fiber for men but neglects to say that because women are usually smaller than men, it could be more like 25 to 30 grams.

If a person eats a vegan diet then everything they eat contains fiber and there's no need to try to calculate the amount of fiber. But the more animal protein one eats, the more likely it will be displacing fiber and the nutrients that come from fiber. But it's not only about nutrients. There are about 4 or 5 important reasons to consume fiber in one's diet. But I don't have time for that right now.

Getting enough fiber has nothing to do with the fact that you may eat some meat. You could also be vegan,and not get enough fiber.

Both are incorrect logic jumps.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-02-2022, 09:54 AM

310 posts, read 323,765 times
Quote:

Have you ever considered the stress of trying to push your vegetarian agenda is shortening your life?

Old 08-02-2022, 12:23 PM

Quote:

This has nothing to do with someone consuming meat.
It's all about having a balanced diet.
If a vegan eats nothing but lettuce, do you think he/she will be healthy? No, they'll be severely deficient of crucial nutrients.
Eating a piece of chicken at dinner isn't suddenly going to make you fiber-deficient.

Old 08-02-2022, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyme609 View Post
Have you ever considered the stress of trying to push your vegetarian agenda is shortening your life?
I think he/she is 80 or something like that. Obviously a healthy person. But the agenda push comes off as obsessive and judgmental.

Old 08-02-2022, 01:26 PM

310 posts, read 323,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
I think he/she is 80 or something like that. Obviously a healthy person. But the agenda push comes off as obsessive and judgmental.
She has been around awhile and likes to tout the virtues of her own experiences.
Personally I don't see the point in pushing one's own agenda. We are all different and what works for one may not work for another, and I include mentally as well as physically.
Let's also not forget genetics. My father who has been an omnivore his whole life. He ate moderately healthy until he got diabetes 30 years ago - it was not weight related. He needs 3 shots a day. He has 3 stents, had bladder cancer a few years ago and got COVID last year. He is 96. I just visited him and he looks 10 years younger and he feels great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness