Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2024, 09:47 AM

10,551 posts, read 7,747,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
.. You can say all you want that I got a mild case because I was "vaccinated" but I know unvaccinated people who also got mild cases. Don't you? ..
Not really. I only know one unvaccinated person and he hasn't had it at all, apparently.

One former coworker got the OG Covid before vaccines were available. She died. Husband of ex neighbor also got sick before vaccines. His lung function has been permanently compromised.

But Omicron isn't so nasty as earlier variants, so it wouldn't be a surprise to me if unvaccinated are now getting mild cases.

I was infected with Omicron in October of 2022, with very mild symptoms for three days.

Old 02-22-2024, 02:22 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,246,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
This thread isn't the place to discuss that (there are other Covid threads; we're both on one of them), and it wouldn't do any good anyway!
I was not the one who initially brought it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavymind View Post
You posted a link from a commercial stock photo site...stock photos are typically staged.

In the case of the COVID-19 pandemic...also staged.
The virus does not care whether you believe it exists or not.

Here is the package insert for the Pfize covid vaccine:

https://labeling.pfizer.com/ShowLabeling.aspx?id=15502

"Pfizer-BioNTech/Comirnaty 30 micrograms/dose concentrate for dispersion for injection
COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine"

Quote:
Call them what you will and I will call them what I will.
You may call a cat a dog if you wish. A cat is still a cat and covid and flu vaccines are still vaccines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
As we've seen posted elsewhere on CD, the definition of a vaccine is:

"A preparation that is used to stimulate the body's immune response against diseases." That's from the CDC.
Obviously, the amount of protection this "stimulation" provides is highly variable among the population, and also is subject to being undermined by the virus mutating.

It seems to me that the new Covid shot isn't working well at all for protecting against infection. My cousin reports from Seattle that several of her friends have been ill from Covid this fall, and all of them had the shot.

Both of my sisters also had the shot, only to get Covid while traveling to Seattle. Apparently the Emerald City has been a hotbed for it! Both sisters reported profound fatigue as the primary symptom, lasting about a week or so.

The current Omicron strain seems fairly mild in comparison to the OG and Delta variants. Those two killed and sickened a lot of people, while millions still suffer from long covid. Probably millions more would have become very sick or died without the Covid vaccines.
https://www.statnews.com/2024/02/01/...%20the%20virus.

"New data released Thursday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggest that the most recent Covid-19 booster offers about 54% percent protection against infection with the virus.

A study published in the CDC’s online journal Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report showed that the updated vaccine was essentially equally effective at protecting against the strain targeted by the vaccine — called XBB.1.5 — and the JN.1 subvariant, which emerged after the vaccine was made. JN.1 is currently the dominant virus circulating in the United States."

Quote:
The only person I know personally who died of COVID had had five of those "vaccines" and caught it anyway. She died about a year ago. No thanks.

See my other response about the CDC changing the definition of a vaccine by the way. Which they did do, after COVID I might add. Even the AP agreed with me. However, I understand that they were between a rock and a hard place during COVID, and I don't blame them necessarily.

I had COVID, in spite of getting three shots. After the third shot, when I should have been immune, doggone it if I didn't get it. I hadn't taken the fourth or fifth shot because after the third one, I got a massive headache that I could not shake for FOUR DAYS. Also, my blood pressure went up considerably (it's back down now, well over a year later, was elevated for nearly a year though). So though the fourth shot was just being made available, I didn't get it (the fifth shot hadn't been released yet). I only got the first three because I was traveling so much, including out of the country. It just made things easier, or so I thought. Anyway, I still got COVID and it was a big, fat nothing. Other than getting to stay home for five days which was great. My fever was gone after a couple of days. You can say all you want that I got a mild case because I was "vaccinated" but I know unvaccinated people who also got mild cases. Don't you? Like I said, the only person I knew personally who died had had five COVID shots, which may be the most I've heard of. And she still got it, just a few weeks after receiving her fifth shot, and still died from it.
How many people do you know who have been vaccinated and did not die?

Washington State data still show the risk of hospitalization in those age 12 and over who are unvaccinated and death is still higher in the unvaccinated in those over 35.

https://doh.wa.gov/sites/default/fil...Vaccinated.pdf

Quote:
The flu "shot" never purported to be a vaccine, unlike the Covid potion.
Quote:
What are you having trouble understanding?

It was never said to "vaccinate" anyone. It's simply a shot that MAY HELP you avoid it or lessen the severity if you get it. MAY. HELP. That's why it's referred to as a "shot" and not a "vaccine."

Compare to the measles, mumps, smallpox, tetanus, rabies, etc. VACCINE which guarantees you won't get it.
"Shot" is not a medical term. It is a lay term and not used exclusively for vaccines. Getting a shot of an antibiotic does not mean the antibiotic is not an antibiotic; it simply means it was given as an injection.

The flu shot is indeed a vaccine.

Not being 100% effective does not mean it is not a vaccine.

Old 02-22-2024, 05:42 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times
Vaccine arguments are not allowed in H&W, please see forum sticky.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness