Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 11:46 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,959,824 times

Advertisements

I'm 30 and find the same to be true, mostly want to get randy during ovulation and more or less am indifferent the rest of the month... Hubby got a vasectomy so we can take advantage of that one week a month urge without the consequences!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 09:41 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,474,571 times
It is very normal, natures way of making sure the world is populated.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:32 AM

2,007 posts, read 2,903,692 times
kibbles and bits - yes, this sounds familiar

Old 08-03-2015, 09:07 PM

1 posts, read 2,220 times
@Kibblesandbits
You're completely normal, I too only have libido during ovulation. The term you might be looking for is graysexual. It's common and not something you should feel worried or upset about.

@redvelvet
You're view on sex is really problematic.

Firstly, no one has a responsibility to keep their partners sex life satisfying. If you care more about sex then the welfare of your partner then you have some major issues. Telling your partner they owe you sex because it's their "responsibility" is sexual abuse and manipulation. It doesn't matter how long you have been with someone, they will ALWAYS have the right to refuse sex. It's not your right to receive it, and they don't own you anything.

Second, sex isn't enjoyable for everyone. Forcing yourself, or others (which is rape btw), to have sex when you/they don't want it is actually very distressing, even traumatic. And not everyone enjoys or wants sex, which is normal and completely okay.

And lastly, it doesn't matter how long someone has loved you and "put up" with you, they still have every right to refuse sex. If you seriously loved that person, you would respect them whether they had sex with you or not.

And quite respectfully, if someone leaves you because they want more sex then good riddance, because people are worth more then how much you get to screw them.

Old 08-04-2015, 07:57 AM

4,640 posts, read 11,932,465 times
Are you able to enjoy sex at other times of the month? No need to answer, but I suspect that once things get going, its good for you. If so....

You need more foreplay the rest of the month. Foreplay for women starts way before you get to the bedroom. You need your husband to connect with you in a meaningful way every day (can be whatever you want: a five minute breakfast where you just talk to each other without distractions, whatever). Or it can be something small he does just for you. Doesn't matter what it is, but it has to work for the two of you.

I don't know if women "owe" their husbands sex; but sex is a meaningful part of marriage. I think each spouse does owe it to their SO to care and nurture for their marriage-----and that includes the sexual part. And for those who think sex isn't important, to each their own. I just think you have a responsibility to tell the person you plan to marry how you feel.

Old 12-15-2015, 10:15 AM

1 posts, read 2,027 times
To helloandgoodbye1:

I respectfully disagree with your view. Sex/intimate interaction (not necessarily intercourse) is a natural and beautiful way for a married couple to connect on the deepest level. If this doesn't happen frequently the human person naturally declines and withdraws from the relationship and can even become depressed and angry. Why would you not want to feed the one you love with what they need to become the best husband/wife they can. I believe as married couples it is our first responsibility to help our spouse get to heaven. Supporting them in life to grow into the image and likeness of our Creator is the best way to achieve that goal. Our Creator gave married couples the beautiful gift of sex and intimacy. We should all embrace this gift and ask for His help whenever we have difficulties with it or any other area of life.

All the best to you!

Old 12-16-2015, 06:32 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,990,921 times
To the OP...yes...it's normal.

Old 02-13-2016, 01:45 AM

1 posts, read 1,886 times
My wife and I have 6 kids... not complaining but do not want anymore... obviously. Our sex has always been incredible. Now we are in our early 40s and she has become absolutely and only interested in sex when she's ovulating! We are pro life/Catholic therefore contraception of any kind is out of the question... more her belief than mine... sterilization is not out of the question for me... The question is how do I get her to spread out the love (if you pardon the expression) throughout the month instead of only during the "monsoon" time of the month. BTW, she has been Bipolar Type I for 15 years, which when in mania the previous comments do not matter AT ALL, SEX 24/7.... whatchagonnado?

Old 02-13-2016, 01:57 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,342,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloandgoodbye1 View Post
@redvelvet
You're view on sex is really problematic.

Firstly, no one has a responsibility to keep their partners sex life satisfying. If you care more about sex then the welfare of your partner then you have some major issues. Telling your partner they owe you sex because it's their "responsibility" is sexual abuse and manipulation. It doesn't matter how long you have been with someone, they will ALWAYS have the right to refuse sex. It's not your right to receive it, and they don't own you anything.

Second, sex isn't enjoyable for everyone. Forcing yourself, or others (which is rape btw), to have sex when you/they don't want it is actually very distressing, even traumatic. And not everyone enjoys or wants sex, which is normal and completely okay.

And lastly, it doesn't matter how long someone has loved you and "put up" with you, they still have every right to refuse sex. If you seriously loved that person, you would respect them whether they had sex with you or not.

And quite respectfully, if someone leaves you because they want more sex then good riddance, because people are worth more then how much you get to screw them.
I'm guessing you are a woman and have no idea what sexual relations really mean to men (and many women).

Old 01-16-2017, 10:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,563 times
I don't know what to do. It's like forced sex while my wife is overlaying but as soon as it's over so are we. This has only been going on the past few months and prior to that we had a great sex drive and connected on levels you couldn't imagine. Now she is 4 weeks pregnant and since last ovulation has she expressed any interest in me. At least 6 days a week we would shower together even if it didn't l lead to anything that's where we talk a lot even that has gone away. What can I do as a husband to get my wife back
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness