Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2013, 11:21 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,138,563 times

Advertisements

I thought this might be an educational thread - BUT it turned into the usual diatribe about racism.

How sad.

Old 11-06-2013, 02:34 AM

2,238 posts, read 3,323,085 times

Polytopicity - YouTube

Old 11-06-2013, 08:27 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,693,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningtide View Post
And those africans from the oceans. it's just a matter of how far you want to go back.
In that case they were dinosaurs

Old 01-21-2014, 02:40 AM

2,238 posts, read 3,323,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Some whoppers being told here. Allow me to respond to this and some of the other "evidence" presented throughout the thread.

A) The problem with Wiercinski is that he was using an outdated methodology based on pure races and race specific phenotypes that we no longer believe in. It doesn't matter what other crackpots agree with him, they are still wrong. Most phenotypical traits adapt to the environment very rapidly- teeth do not. Teeth are extremely environmentally neutral. Since all ancient Mexican skeletons are sundadont and sinodont, which are not African, it can be said with absolute certainty that there was no consequential African population in ancient Mexico.

B) I have recently run afoul of copyright violation, and want to respect the rules of the forum, but please research the work of Dr.Christy Turner for more information on the teeth.

C) Wiercinski used the same garbage methodology to prove that Egyptians were white, and that Van Sertima attributes the Olmecs to mythical "Egypto-Nubian types," has always been a glaring error. The entire Came before Columbus debacle was a non-starter from the first and has always been a huge waste of time.

D) Braids prove nothing. Cultures around the world braid hair. The oldest mummies in the world are Peruvian and they have braided hair. I think anyone reading through this thread ought to look at the "evidence" presented by the other side and question either their integrity, or perhaps their sanity.

E) the Olmecs to NOT look "Negroid," as they have epicanthic eyefolds. They are OBVIOUSLY native American:

Debunking "Black Olmec" in 23 Seconds - YouTube

The Face of a Tzotzil Does Not Lie - YouTube

F) The Mande are alternately mentioned as the "black Olmecs." Olmec civilization predates the great civilization od the Mande. It would be less ridiculous to talk about the Mexicans colonizing Africa.

G) We don't know if the Olmecs had writing, because we have only one example that could be proto-writing, or even a hoax, but no credible researcher attributes the random scratch marks found by Epi-Olmec and Mayan to "Mande." It is a complete and total lie. Mande script was invented in the 19th century. Vai is similarly modern.

H) Neither the Mande, nor the Sonike, nor any other West African group built pyramids. When confronted with this, deceitful Afrocentrics usually post pictures of ten foot tall mud piles from Nigeria and claim that the are connected with the monumental stone architecture of Egypt and Mexico. It is sad on its face.

I) One thing the Africans have always done well is metal working. Why then, if they came to the new world to built pyramids that they did not built in West Africa, did they not take their metal tools and weapons with them? Why did metal working not flourish? Cortez fought against peoples using obsidian, not iron.

J) Once you get past the coastal mestizos, who are obviously influenced by the slave trade, there is almost no African genetic influence on indigenous Mexicans what-so-ever. The Chontal Mayans, for example, have only 5% genetic influence, and that is high. The Cora have only .08%. A lot of the confusion about the Olmec heads is that Caucasian influences have altered the Mexican people so that we do not always recognize their ancestors. Ruben Lisker is the source for the genetics information.

K) In the decades since Van Sertima's "thesis," we have discovered the elements of Olmec civilization in contemporaries and civilizations a thousand years older. They are no longer looked at as a "mother culture." We have a pretty good map of the development of native Mexican civilization in places like El Matani.

L) The epidemiological evidence has been covered. Suffice to say that the Afro-centrists don't seem to understand that the Native American's were decimated by diseases because of their geographic isolation. Since is common knowledge to most elementary school students, we needn't spend much time on it.

M) As for the "cocaine mummies," tobacco was known in the old world, and the results of the cocaine were not able to be duplicated. in fact, it is largely suspected that the original, allegedly shocking results were the result of a coke head, cigarette smoking scientist who was not careful. This is now common knowledge, and you need go no farther than Wiki.

N) Someone made an almost comical argument that we know that there were "black" people in the new world because the Columbus referred to them. This is the same guy who forever gave to the natives the misnomer "Indians" because he thought were from India. This was the same guy who thought that the Carribs were soldiers of the Khan. He defined EVERYTHING in old world terms.

O) This constant attempt at stealing other people's cultures and ancestors is degrading to Africans, who do have a great history of their own. Anyone reading though this post can tell that I have a great appreciation for West African history. They did not build pyramids, but they built some visually stunning stone cities. They did not write in "Mande," but they had the finest libraries in the world filled with books written in Ajami and other languages. The Africans too were great, and I find it morally repulsive that they are not celebrated for what they actually did.

Old 01-21-2014, 12:05 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,138,563 times
I scan through this garbage and find myself in disbelief that anyone would even discuss it!

Old 01-21-2014, 04:39 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,119,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelismaticEchoes View Post
Glad you like the reply. this really should do it for ANYONE, no matter how deluded, who even considers this.

Old 01-21-2014, 05:27 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,119,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargentodiaz View Post
I scan through this garbage and find myself in disbelief that anyone would even discuss it!
I would be honored if you would read though my point by point refutation of this drivel as quoted by Mel above. I think I did a comprehensive job.

Old 02-09-2014, 10:42 PM

17 posts, read 20,652 times
The Olmec heads look very Native American to me. Here is a popular Huicholmusic band. They are Native Americans from central Mexico.

Old 04-19-2014, 10:48 AM

271 posts, read 341,447 times
The reason why certain Central Americans (like the ones some of you are comparing the Olmec statues to) have the classical African nose and lips is because of the African bloodline that was brought into that area by the Olmec. That African bloodline is strong.This is why you still see the African Bloodline in the people of Spain and Italy today..But to pretend that those Olmec statues are NOT African is indicative of the culture of denial when it comes to Africoid looking people in history

Old 04-19-2014, 11:28 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,348,018 times
How is it wrong to deny 'Aficoid' looking people, but not wrong to deny Indigenous American looking people?

'Oh, I'm sorry, but you are not Native American, you are 'Africoid'. You don't know yourself, but -I- know you!'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History