Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2014, 11:25 AM

950 posts, read 1,259,526 times

Advertisements

The only way to answer this is by DNA. Could the Olmecs have african blood,possibly true or maybe not. I watched a show once on the Discovery Channel about some eygptian mummies that had cocaine in them. The plant we get cocaine from is not native to Africa I believe. Well if it's not native to Africa,then how did the eygptians get it/
I think ancient man traveled around more than we know.There is alot about the movement and migrations of ancient civilizations we just don't know at this time,though new discoveries are being made all the time.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:43 AM

271 posts, read 341,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritos56 View Post
The only way to answer this is by DNA. Could the Olmecs have african blood,possibly true or maybe not. I watched a show once on the Discovery Channel about some eygptian mummies that had cocaine in them. The plant we get cocaine from is not native to Africa I believe. Well if it's not native to Africa,then how did the eygptians get it/
I think ancient man traveled around more than we know.There is alot about the movement and migrations of ancient civilizations we just don't know at this time,though new discoveries are being made all the time.
No need to do any of that because it has already been proven by several Black scholars around the world.
The Olmecs were Black Africans

Old 04-22-2014, 02:21 PM

138 posts, read 328,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by othello212 View Post
Actually...All the people you named were originally Black..(how ironic)...Let me know if you need proof.
Oh God, yet I'm the troll?

I'm sorry, buddy. I'd hate to burst your bubble, but the Olmecs were not black. It's such a ludicrous statement that it's hard to believe anyone would think it's true.

The only one defending that ridiculous statement here is you, not to mention you're doing it very poorly (not that it can be defended anyway, there's absolutely no evidence for it!). Apparently the only evidence for the Olmec-African connection is a few pieces of art that vaguely resemble African peoples. That in itself is such a stretch, so mindbogglingly insane, that I cannot help but to think that you're either a troll, or clearly not the brightest crayon in the box.

I don't see why blacks feel the need to "take" other people's history. Regardless of whether or not you like your people's history, it is what it is. Blacks were brought to Mexico and the rest of the America's as slaves, before then blacks had never been in the America's. The Olmec civilization, like all the other Native American civilizations, were created solely by the indigenous people's of the Americas. I'd love to see this conversation take place in a Mesoamerican history class, you'd be laughed out of the room quicker than you could say "I'm kidding.".

This so called "Olmec-African connection" is so ridiculous it's comparable to the history channel's Ancient Aliens show. In one episode they made the claim that the Incas were contacted by aliens, and that their "air plane like" pieces of art served as evidence.

Old 04-22-2014, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Azteca View Post
Oh God, yet I'm the troll?

I'm sorry, buddy. I'd hate to burst your bubble, but the Olmecs were not black. It's such a ludicrous statement that it's hard to believe anyone would think it's true.

The only one defending that ridiculous statement here is you, not to mention you're doing it very poorly (not that it can be defended anyway, there's absolutely no evidence for it!). Apparently the only evidence for the Olmec-African connection is a few pieces of art that vaguely resemble African peoples. That in itself is such a stretch, so mindbogglingly insane, that I cannot help but to think that you're either a troll, or clearly not the brightest crayon in the box.

I don't see why blacks feel the need to "take" other people's history. Regardless of whether or not you like your people's history, it is what it is. Blacks were brought to Mexico and the rest of the America's as slaves, before then blacks had never been in the America's. The Olmec civilization, like all the other Native American civilizations, were created solely by the indigenous people's of the Americas. I'd love to see this conversation take place in a Mesoamerican history class, you'd be laughed out of the room quicker than you could say "I'm kidding.".

This so called "Olmec-African connection" is so ridiculous it's comparable to the history channel's Ancient Aliens show. In one episode they made the claim that the Incas were contacted by aliens, and that their "air plane like" pieces of art served as evidence.
Well Eurocentrics like yourself would rather believe that aliens came to mexico and that aliens built the pyramids rather than admitting it was Black people..Thats why you have shows like Ancient Aliens on the history channel..Think about that.How racially insecure must a group of people be,that in order for them to feel any sense of pride,they have to create a ridiculous myth of WHITE supremacy.And anything that challenges this myth,such as clearly African faces found in mexico,Eurocentrics have to reach for illogical conclusions to debunk it?

Old 04-22-2014, 03:09 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,691,956 times
Quote:
Well Eurocentrics like yourself would rather believe that aliens came to mexico and that aliens built the pyramids rather than admitting it was Black people..Thats why you have shows like Ancient Aliens on the history channel..Think about that.How racially insecure must a group of people be,that in order for them to feel any sense of pride,they have to create a ridiculous myth of WHITE supremacy.And anything that challenges this myth,such as clearly African faces found in mexico,Eurocentrics have to reach for illogical conclusions to debunk it?
Well Afrocentrics like yourself would rather believe that Africans came to mexico and that Africans built the pyramids rather than admitting it was indigenous Mesoamerican peoples..Thats why you have Afrocentric websites and youtube videos spreading these lies..Think about that.How racially insecure must a group of people be,that in order for them to feel any sense of pride,they have to create a ridiculous myth of BLACK supremacy.And anything that challenges this myth,such as a complete lack of evidence of African presence in Mesoamerica, Afrocentrics have to reach for illogical conclusions to try and prove it and steal other peoples cultures.

Old 04-22-2014, 03:13 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
The reason why certain Central Americans (like the ones some of you are comparing the Olmec statues to) have the classical African nose and lips is because of the African bloodline that was brought into that area by the Olmec. That African bloodline is strong.This is why you still see the African Bloodline in the people of Spain and Italy today..But to pretend that those Olmec statues are NOT African is indicative of the culture of denial when it comes to Africoid looking people in history
Also the fact that slaves from Africa were brought into every one of those countries and their descendents are still there, that is the mestizo.

Old 04-22-2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
Well Afrocentrics like yourself would rather believe that Africans came to mexico and that Africans built the pyramids rather than admitting it was indigenous Mesoamerican peoples..Thats why you have Afrocentric websites and youtube videos spreading these lies..Think about that.How racially insecure must a group of people be,that in order for them to feel any sense of pride,they have to create a ridiculous myth of BLACK supremacy.And anything that challenges this myth,such as a complete lack of evidence of African presence in Mesoamerica, Afrocentrics have to reach for illogical conclusions to try and prove it and steal other peoples cultures.
The fact that you equate African people traveling around the globe centuries before Europeans,with being "Black Supremacy" again shows your racial insecurities..Because unlike you white supremacist,your argument is that there is not even a possibility that africans could have traveled to America or globally for that matter. Thats white supremacist thinking..Black people are not saying Europeans could not do things because clearly they did.But AFRICANS DID IT FIRST....

And that fact chips aways at the white supremacist myth

Old 04-22-2014, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Also the fact that slaves from Africa were brought into every one of those countries and their descendents are still there, that is the mestizo.
There was indigenous Africans in the Americas..The history with Balboa who went into the Americas admitted he saw the same people from Africa there (and they slave trade had not reached that area yet) and Columbus' son wrote in this journals he saw Africans in the new world..So you really have to do some real historical research and stop letting your white supremacist views make you look silly.

Old 04-22-2014, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritos56 View Post
No one knows. They don't know where they went or what happened to them. They don't know if the carved heads even represent the people themselves or certain leaders. Not all the Olmec faces have African features, some definitely do, others are more Asian.

African DNA was also introduced with slavery hundreds of years ago which is why many latinos have dark skin and full lips. The Indian or native people mostly died out with exposure to small pox and other imported diseases. Race mixing was what ensured survival of their offspring.

Old 04-22-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
There was indigenous Africans in the Americas..The history with Balboa who went into the Americas admitted he saw the same people from Africa there (and they slave trade had not reached that area yet) and Columbus' son wrote in this journals he saw Africans in the new world..So you really have to do some real historical research and stop letting your white supremacist views make you look silly.
What?? I never claimed there weren't. I think you have a bit of a chip on your shoulder. I only pointed out that Africans also arrived more recently too. I think it's very likely people came from both Asia and Africa long before that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History