Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 05:25 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennquaker09 View Post
I think in some ways, he has no idea what he's talking about.
Your key word is "think". He does know what he is talking about. He don't speak in guesses or agree what others like....or even what he likes. He speaks from raw statistics from the most accurate trade sources available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 05:34 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,053,234 times
Eh, my tiny kitchen came with granite counter tops, and I'm certainly not going to rush out and replace them because the trend police have spoken. I like them, along with my old, painted cabinets and white appliances. Honestly, who cares?

Old 06-16-2010, 06:42 PM

1,654 posts, read 7,347,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Your key word is "think". He does know what he is talking about. He don't speak in guesses or agree what others like....or even what he likes. He speaks from raw statistics from the most accurate trade sources available.
Your stats only include what information the NKBA has, right?

A lot of people remodel kitchens without designers and that information would never be relayed to the NKBA. Custom cabinetry is something that people get locally. Basically, there are flaws to those stats.

And, even though I agree with you on some things, you tend to exaggerate. I think you forget I worked in the industry and have friends still in the industry. I know a lot of people in the NKBA. I know a lot of professional interior designers. There is a world outside of your bubble in Texas.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:57 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
I havent used granite on a project in over 2 years, i've been saying that its done for over 3 years.
Now the biggies are catching up with me, finally!

Old 06-16-2010, 07:06 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,945,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
fortunately, most of us are trend followers, not setters!
I'm waiting for 1943 kitchens to come back into style so I too can be a trendy person.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:45 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times
I love the look of granite. I could care less if it is "in" or not.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:41 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
I wonder how many other trends have come and gone, but people said "it will never go out of style".

Old 06-17-2010, 03:31 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Ugly? Not really...

The first one just doesn't look right having an otherwise modern kitchen with the dated counter tops. The 2nd one is horrendous. Green cabinets, white appliances with the butcherblock? horrible.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:05 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennquaker09 View Post
Your stats only include what information the NKBA has, right?

A lot of people remodel kitchens without designers and that information would never be relayed to the NKBA. Custom cabinetry is something that people get locally. Basically, there are flaws to those stats.

And, even though I agree with you on some things, you tend to exaggerate. I think you forget I worked in the industry and have friends still in the industry. I know a lot of people in the NKBA. I know a lot of professional interior designers. There is a world outside of your bubble in Texas.
So true a lot of people remodel without professionals. But don't forget they do buy their products from some one. Whether it be the big box store, a lumber yard or a small retailer/wholesaler, the numbers are still recorded. That is the numbers I talk about.

My bubble extends far beyond Texas my friend. My book has been sold throughout North America.

I have a great mistrust for statistics your govt reports. I mistrust anything reported by the NAR, But I don't really see any reason for the NKBA to misrepresent any numbers. What would be their motive? Why did you leave the industry? I hope it's not because you hated it or got sick of it.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:11 AM
Itz

714 posts, read 2,199,389 times
I think people should buy what they like and want and not what someone says is "in".

I tend to always ask... "Who says this is the new thng?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating