Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 07:34 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,352,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EncoreStaging View Post
Try Ancient Marble SW 6162 in your foyer. It has green undertones. The colors you tried have blue-green undertones. The Aleutian Blue you picked out has blue violet undertones which you probably don't want. Try Meditative SW6227 It has staright blue undertones and looks good next to the Ancient Marble. It will give you good color in your dining room and living room . Let me know how this works out for you.
I think I have ancient marble on one wall in my family room (I have paint colors everywhere--today I am getting white poster board for the rest of my painting.) I really like it. I will pick up Meditative and see how that looksl Thanks for the suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 07:44 AM

13 posts, read 143,442 times
Default Color Confusion?

Your dilemma is very common. Too many color choices = Color confusion

Couple of things. Going the posterboard route is the smartest thing you can do for trying to narrow down a color. Tru-Hue http://www.truhue.com/products (broken link) foresaw this a few years ago and offers paint color test boards in different sizes, even the cool accent wall ones. Check them out. We have used them extensively.

Restoration Hardware's Silver Sage is an awesome color. We have seen it used many times in the room makeovers at RoomVues.com RoomVues - Capture Your Color!. They still might be posted in the Showroom gallery.

You might want to consider uploading or emailing them photos of your home and let them offer you some color suggestions. They will even virtually paint the walls to give you an idea of how each color suggestion could look.

The bottom line though is that the final color decision is up to you. And what might look good on a small color chip or computer screen could only act as guides. Just arm yourself with as much information as possible so that you can make a confident color decision.

I am sure your home will turn out beautifully!

Old 10-11-2010, 06:13 AM

We ended up using the following paint colors: Foyer, front staircase, and hallway: Ancient Marble.
Kitchen, Family Room, and back staircase: Grassland.
Living room and dining room: Meditative Blue

It looks fabulous and I thank everyone for their suggestions. My next room will be the sunroom, which is off of the family room. Have no idea what color that is going to be!

Old 10-11-2010, 07:07 AM
B4U

3,612 posts, read 8,294,996 times
You don't need to pick a SW color. Pick the color you like in any brand and SW should be able to color match it to their brand. Definately would go with an eggshell finish though. Rich, but not shiny.

Old 10-11-2010, 10:06 AM

We used SW cashmere. I really like it.

Old 10-15-2010, 08:05 PM

35 posts, read 102,724 times
I used Benjamin Moore's rosemary sprig in my dining room and I love it. Have you visited a Benjamin Moore paint store yet? I think they have decorators there that will come to your home and give you recommendations (I don't think it costs anything, but I'm not positive because I haven't used them).

Old 10-16-2010, 08:48 AM

Thanks for the all the replies and I will check out Benjamin Moore paints, but our downstairs is finished except for the sunroom. That will be a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating