Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 11:40 AM

970 posts, read 2,968,416 times

Advertisements

I think a stainless steel undermount kitchen sink with a commercial-style faucet would give the kitchen a certain appeal.

Commerical faucet: Danze D455158SS Parma Pull-Out Spray Kitchen Faucet - Stainless Steel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 01:59 PM

1,379 posts, read 3,920,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remisc View Post
I think a stainless steel undermount kitchen sink with a commercial-style faucet would give the kitchen a certain appeal.

Commerical faucet: Danze D455158SS Parma Pull-Out Spray Kitchen Faucet - Stainless Steel
FYI, I did a single-tub stainless steel undermount with the following faucet in brushed nickel:

Welcome to PAINI USA

Old 09-21-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Paddler View Post
FYI, I did a single-tub stainless steel undermount with the following faucet in brushed nickel:

Welcome to PAINI USA
Great minds think alike, I guess.

Very nice faucet, btw. I've always liked the tall faucets. To me, the add a certain...something...to a kitchen.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Great minds think alike, I guess.

Very nice faucet, btw. I've always liked the tall faucets. To me, the add a certain...something...to a kitchen.
Yeah, I like the tall faucets for both functional and aesthetic reasons. I liked the Latoscana faucets in general . . . simple, sleek, contemporary . . . funny, on a side note, before doing this remodel, I could have cared less about faucets and sinks and pendant lights and doors and chandeliers etc. and here I sit on an interior design forum talking about kitchen sinks and faucets.

Old 09-21-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Paddler View Post
before doing this remodel, I could have cared less about faucets and sinks and pendant lights and doors and chandeliers etc. and here I sit on an interior design forum talking about kitchen sinks and faucets.
Its amazing how that can happen. We recently completely redid the kitchen in my soon-to-be-former home. Before then, the kitchen was just a place where food came from when we were hungry, lol. Now, our kitchen is the heart of our house.

Old 09-21-2010, 03:57 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,114,232 times
Quote:

Love!

In fact one of the first things we bought as we started our project was a commercial sprayer/mixer (the other was our range hood).

I had a tall "vintage-look" faucet before, but always seemed to use the separate sprayer more often and wasted a lot of water by leaving the taps on (to keep the temp even). The pull-down made sense to us.

I was lobbying hard for a deeeeeep three bay stainless sink, but my SO fell in love with the vintage charm of farmhouse sinks and we went with that instead. Lose the battle, win the war as they say.

It will be an slightly odd mix of the old and the new in our kitchen, but I hope it works out. Eclectic is "in" right?

Will post some pics up when we are finished.

Old 09-21-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
Love!

In fact one of the first things we bought as we started our project was a commercial sprayer/mixer (the other was our range hood).

I had a tall "vintage-look" faucet before, but always seemed to use the separate sprayer more often and wasted a lot of water by leaving the taps on (to keep the temp even). The pull-down made sense to us.

I was lobbying hard for a deeeeeep three bay stainless sink, but my SO fell in love with the vintage charm of farmhouse sinks and we went with that instead. Lose the battle, win the war as they say.

It will be an slightly odd mix of the old and the new in our kitchen, but I hope it works out. Eclectic is "in" right?

Will post some pics up when we are finished.
Looking forward to seeing those pics! I love those farmhouse sinks. We're currently in the process of moving, and installing a farmhouse sink is one of the first things we're going to do after we get all settled in.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:20 PM

Thought I'd follow up with a picture of the sink/faucet/backsplash/countertops. I'm diggin' it.
Click image for larger version

Name:	123_2377.JPG
Views:	52960
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	69004

Old 09-30-2010, 11:56 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Looks great! Give us a picture of the entire kitchen too!

Old 10-01-2010, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Looks great! Give us a picture of the entire kitchen too!
Still under construction, but will send pix when finished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating