Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 10:29 AM

2,202 posts, read 5,357,977 times

Advertisements

Just caught up on this thread. WOW, lots of suggestions and decorating going on.

Bottom line: LOVE the room. LOVE the sofas, LOVE the rug......just not all together. You friend's living room configuration from the magazine is gorgeous. I can see why hubby wanted to mimic that in your home. It seems however that they set the room up for a conversation area in front of the fireplace not as a space for television viewing.

The sofas up against the wall look more like you are trying to fit the furniture into the room rather than you bought furniture that fit the room. Do you get my drift? They are absolutely gorgeous and the way they are set up currently does not do them justice.

I say keep the room, keep the rug and lose one sofa. Replace the other with some nice chairs that will provide a compromise between the look you are trying to achieve and the functionality the room calls for. You can have a great conversation area in front of the fire that also allows for comfortable television viewing.

I think on another thread you said you have no room for the other sofa. WHy not sell it on Craigslist? You can recoup some of the money you spent and use that towards some new pieces. Obviously you have lots of positive feedback on here for the sofas so I would think selling one would not be difficult.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating