Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 03:40 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,222,366 times

Advertisements

We keep ours in the laundry room, with a cover over it. If we didn't have a laundry room or other suitable place for it, I'd probably stick it in the garage.

BTW, we have a Roomba and it works great - but it isn't anywhere as powerful as a regular vacuum. In other words, it will pick up superficial grit and crumbs, but won't lift the carpet's nap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 06:23 AM

2,414 posts, read 2,987,138 times
This is one of my pet peeves. We have no coat closet, no broom closet, no utility closet and the laundry room is just big enough for the washer and dryer. The only options are my walk in closet or the garage. I refuse to keep it with my clothes and I don't want it in the garage, so I've been keeping it in the dining room. The rug cleaner and old vacuum are in the garage and that's okay, but not great. I love my house, but I've complained many times that the architect must not have ever used a vacuum. The only other thing I can think of is that the architect expected everyone to have hired help who brought their own vacuums with them and then took them away. Very annoying.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:45 AM

2,091 posts, read 7,516,077 times
https://www.google.com/search?q=upri...ient=firefox-a

I'm with the person who said we never put it away. Actually we have a spare room it can go in, but it mainly sits next to the treadmill, the other thing taking up space that no one uses.

https://www.google.com/search?q=upri...ient=firefox-a

Old 09-27-2013, 06:47 AM

2,091 posts, read 7,516,077 times

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1620965...+cleaner+cover

LOL

Old 09-29-2013, 11:03 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times
^OMG, that is atrocious!

Wonder if there's one for a canister? LOL

Quote:
I refuse to keep it with my clothes

Old 09-29-2013, 03:56 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,150,871 times
We keep ours in the front hall closet. It isn't my first preference, but I don't have a better place.

In our house with more than adequate closet and storage space, there should be a place for the vacuum. But there isn't.

Old 09-29-2013, 04:06 PM

44,627 posts, read 61,603,272 times
Front hall entry closet.

Old 09-29-2013, 05:08 PM

6,192 posts, read 7,355,014 times
Own a one bedroom apartment. It is in the only closet that had room for it. Our closets have all kinds of stuff thrown together.

Old 09-08-2017, 09:15 AM

1 posts, read 1,607 times
Im having a having a hard time finding space for it so. I am going to brainstorm off some ideas. So I'm gonna try to give you and me some ideas.
1. Maybe a Outman with storage and just separate the hoses.
2. I've seen pictures of people hanging them on the wall of the garage. If you have a garage.
3. Ah. You could get one of those cute big crates and put your vacuum under it then take one of those lounge pillows and put it on top and turn it into an seat. Also could turn it into a table.
4. Super cheaty way put it under your bed.
5. If you have a table that has a door, you could tuck it away there.
6.Could hang it on a wall that is useless space.
7. Under couches if there's room noone will notice it.
8. I mean you could just get a cupboard pantry thing for it. But if your like me you already spent enough money on the vacuum and you don't want to spend that much to store it.
9. If you have furniture at an angle you could put it behind there. As long as you don't have someone flopping back on it and maybe crushing it.. Like me.
10. Could hang it above your dryer if it is a front loader on the wall space not used.
I hope this helped. It helped me I was searching for the same ideas. Thanks for letting me brainstorm off of you.
Thanks again,
Maggie

Old 09-08-2017, 11:31 AM

4,030 posts, read 2,714,316 times
Mine goes in the coat closet right by my front door. It doesn't take up much space (the closet's pretty generously sized), and it's the most convenient spot, really. The laundry room/mud room might have been better, but it has the washer and dryer, a large salt-water softener tank, and two litterboxes in it, so not really much space there. There is a rack over the washer and dryer that it could fit on (it's a small, lightweight canister by Miele), but my sister wouldn't be able to reach it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House