Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 07:20 AM

27,353 posts, read 27,405,100 times

Advertisements

We know everyone has their ideas of what their dream homes would be, and though this section probably wont get a whole lot of responses, especially now with the housing market dropping so low, but its just all in fun anyway.
What would your dream home be like, if you dont already live in the home of your liking?
Mine definatly would be one kind of desolate, out in the country, maybe just outside small town, maybe one of the smaller towns in Oklahoma or in WI. A small, Victorian single story, with land out back for chickens, a dog. Everyone knows everyone. A wraparound porch, maybe a swing. Hardwood floors.
Now back to reality, it doesnt hurt to dream, but who knows. [sigh]
Mine wouldnt have to be a 'newer' house, in fact, Id like something that can use a little fixin' up here and there.

PS I offered my ex sis-and bro-in-laws to trade spaces (lol, figure of speech) but they wont leave Oklahoma. Cant blame them!

Last edited by country pride; 11-03-2008 at 08:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2007, 07:25 AM

412 posts, read 1,028,892 times
Mine would be a flat roof, modern home in the mountains with beach front. I know, it's a dream. Lots of glass and exposed steel with a roof top tanning and hot tub deck.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:03 PM

1,227 posts, read 2,064,816 times
Either a 4-5 bedroom ranch including one bedroom in the basement or a 2-level colonial with a family room.

Old 08-30-2007, 01:33 PM
CBB

481 posts, read 2,242,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmehappy View Post
Mine would be a flat roof, modern home in the mountains with beach front. I know, it's a dream. Lots of glass and exposed steel with a roof top tanning and hot tub deck.
Want to share it with me? Mine is The Farnsworth House. But right on a beach, please.

Old 08-30-2007, 01:54 PM

1,408 posts, read 8,023,832 times
a log home with wrap around porch with rocking chairs and hammock overlooking the ocean with a boat and a boat dock with a chaise lounge for two, a big rope swing and a beatiful yard with lots of flowers and gardens that weed themselves (it's a dream right). the inside would have reclaimed wide pine boards throughout the house for flooring, big gigantic apron sink in the kitchen with concrete countertops and a brick pizza oven, wood burning fireplaces in every room including the master bathroom and a view of the ocean from every room.

My dream house would be located in a charming town with lots of antique shops and country stores and no crime and everyone leaves their doors unlocked because well there's no crime. yup it's a dream.

Old 08-31-2007, 06:17 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,364,520 times
The aunt's house in the movie Pratical Magic. It's a large rambling Victorian set high on a cliff overlooking the ocean with a huge conservatory off the kitchen *sigh*

Old 08-31-2007, 07:07 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,658,579 times
CBB I LOVE the Farnsworth House though I usually go for homes that are 50+ years old this one is a dream.

My favorite houses are older homes w/tons of trim, and claw foot bathtubs. Give me a summer sleeping porch and a cozy fireplace and I am set! I like the old farm houses but the craftsmen homes are nice too. So hard to decide! But like Powersurge, an old home w/tons of charm that may need some fixen' is just my style. And how about those renovated grist mills or school houses? Or this fire station?
Attached Thumbnails
Your Dream Home?-firehouse.jpg  

Old 08-31-2007, 08:01 AM

612 posts, read 2,779,326 times
I currently live in my dream home, a 5/3.5 on two acres, 4 sided brick colonial. We are built on a hill and own all the way past the road in the neighborhood behind us so they cannot build anymore houses behind us. We are going to put a driveway at the end of the road behind us and build a guest house. Then we will build a bridge across the creek in the middle of the property and build tennis courts in the clearing down there. Then a nice paver path up the hill to our back yard and we are putting in a pool with an outdoor kitchen.

Someday....I would love to fence it all in so my dogs had the run of the whole place...

Old 08-31-2007, 01:18 PM

41,973 posts, read 75,229,826 times
My dream home is a quad level, built in the 50s. This dream home just happens to be across the street from my mom's house. The bedrooms are a little small, but I could get used to it. I used to babysit in that house 30 years ago, and would wander around the rooms dreaming of what I'd change here or furnish there. The first thing to go would be the corrugated fiberglass cover on the back patio that stretches from one end of the house to the other.

Old 08-31-2007, 06:45 PM

27,353 posts, read 27,405,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmewright View Post
CBB I LOVE the Farnsworth House though I usually go for homes that are 50+ years old this one is a dream.

My favorite houses are older homes w/tons of trim, and claw foot bathtubs. Give me a summer sleeping porch and a cozy fireplace and I am set! I like the old farm houses but the craftsmen homes are nice too. So hard to decide! But like Powersurge, an old home w/tons of charm that may need some fixen' is just my style. And how about those renovated grist mills or school houses? Or this fire station?

Awesome! Lol, Im already drawing up a floorplan for that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House