Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 06:47 AM

50 posts, read 80,771 times

Advertisements

I have some moan products in my bath. I had some rust issues and some cartridge issues. I called and they denied because I bought the home in 2012. They say they give a lifetime but then look to set any hurdle to make it so they can deny the claim. I think your better off paying half price and just replacing it when you need to on budget brands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2015, 07:03 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Nothing surprising or out of line here.........most manufacturers limit their warranty to the original purchaser. Since you bought the home you were not that person.

However, Moen did stand behind our kitchen faucet when the cartridge failed after 12 years. I went to Home Depot to buy one and the guy there said "call Moen, they have a lifetime warranty." I did, and they sent the part at no charge.

Companies are tightening up on returns and making good on warranties. It got out of hand for a while (Walmart started that with their taking back anything with no questions asked........now they are even tightening up that policy).

You might try calling Moen back and asking for the Customer Service Manager. It IS their product and you might get someone who is willing to go the extra mile for you.........won't hurt to try.

Don

Old 02-03-2015, 07:06 AM

22,558 posts, read 47,614,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sellsfloto View Post
I have some moan products in my bath. I had some rust issues and some cartridge issues. I called and they denied because I bought the home in 2012.
Well, you were not the original purchaser, so that makes sense.

I have had zero issues replacing my Moen faucet.

Old 02-03-2015, 07:47 AM

17,472 posts, read 66,002,677 times
How is it that all of you KNOW that the OP ISN'T the original owner from this statement-
Quote:
...because I bought the home in 2012.
???

How do you know the house wasn't built in 2012?

Old 02-03-2015, 03:35 PM

5,075 posts, read 11,067,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
How is it that all of you KNOW that the OP ISN'T the original owner from this statement-
???

How do you know the house wasn't built in 2012?
So few houses were built in 2012 that it's at least unlikely the original owner bought then.

Old 02-03-2015, 03:51 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
Well if you bought a Moan faucet then you got an off brand, but if you bought the real thing, a Moen, and was the original buyer then you'd get the free replacement and great service that we did from them.

Old 02-04-2015, 09:22 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,157,521 times
Quote:
I have some moan products in my bath. I had some rust issues and some cartridge issues. I called and they denied because I bought the home in 2012. They say they give a lifetime but then look to set any hurdle to make it so they can deny the claim. I think your better off paying half price and just replacing it when you need to on budget brands.
All the faucets and showers in my house are Moen products. The house was built in 1980 and Moen still mails me free cartridges whenever I need them. All I do is to give them a call or communicate via email, pack and ship the worn cartridges, and they send me new ones. I still go to Home Depot or Lowe's to buy new cartridges if I need them real fast, but I save the used cartridges and then ship to Moen for replacement. It does not matter if you are the original buyer or not. What matters is the Moen brand.

However, I have no idea how long Moen honors the warranty. I just tell them a cartridge is bad, and they send me a new one.

Old 02-05-2015, 08:36 AM

2,600 posts, read 8,785,881 times
I have moan products throughout our home as well as my dads, mine built in 2012 and his in 2013 !!!

Every time I have called with a warranty issue for either home, they've always stood by their warranty and shipped out what I needed.

Old 02-05-2015, 09:47 AM

5,717 posts, read 18,909,338 times
Moen is not allowed on any of my jobs. Yes, they will usually replace the fixture, the cheapest part. But they don't cover any labor or materials that have to be replaced due to their crappy units. The last time I had to pull a marble wall down in a shower because the valve body was defective- no port was drilled thru for cold water. Yeah, Moen replaced the 40 dollar body but they didn't pay squat for the $3000.00 it cost me to remove the marble wall and replace it. We use Price Pfister units and all of our complaints have gone away. Moen was a problem child all along and like I said, they'd send a new unit. But I had to pay for the labor to swap their crap out. FWIW, the guts of a Moen is made in China, the unit is assembled in the US. That's pretty much standard in the US for faucets and fittings these days. It depends on who gets good chinese crap or so-so chinese crap. Moen is so-so at best followed by Delta.

Old 08-13-2015, 08:18 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,528,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Nothing surprising or out of line here.........most manufacturers limit their warranty to the original purchaser. Since you bought the home you were not that person.

However, Moen did stand behind our kitchen faucet when the cartridge failed after 12 years. I went to Home Depot to buy one and the guy there said "call Moen, they have a lifetime warranty." I did, and they sent the part at no charge.

Companies are tightening up on returns and making good on warranties. It got out of hand for a while (Walmart started that with their taking back anything with no questions asked........now they are even tightening up that policy).

You might try calling Moen back and asking for the Customer Service Manager. It IS their product and you might get someone who is willing to go the extra mile for you.........won't hurt to try.

Don
I didn't know this. I have a leaky kitchen faucet at the O-ring. I went to Home Depot and the rep said that HD doesn't carry Moen parts. He told me to take the faucet top apart and bring it tomorrow. He will find generic parts at Home Dept that should work. Since you mentioned to just call Moen with the lifetime warranty, then i will call them tomorrow and see if they can send the part. I don't know what model the faucet is though. It isn't printed or shown anywhere. I guess i can send them a pic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House