Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 05:26 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,628,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
I'm amazed how long men can go w/o using the bathroom. Being female, my kidneys are smaller. I go to the bathroom almost every hour, altho I can hang on for a 2 or maybe 3 tops.
I'm a 37 year old man, and I'll admit I can't hold it as long now as I could when I was in my 20's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2017, 05:38 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,341,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I'm a 37 year old man, and I'll admit I can't hold it as long now as I could when I was in my 20's.
Just wait till you hit your 50's.

Old 04-30-2017, 05:40 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,631,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
There's that common sense in use again!
This did not occur to me because I keep my prescriptions in the pantry and only aspirin
in the medicine cabinet.

Old 04-30-2017, 06:52 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
I'm amazed how long men can go w/o using the bathroom. Being female, my kidneys are smaller. I go to the bathroom almost every hour, altho I can hang on for a 2 or maybe 3 tops.
That's not exactly how it works.

Old 04-30-2017, 07:47 PM

120 posts, read 298,891 times
What day and age do we live in that people can't use your bathrooms? Heck I'd let a stranger use my bathroom if it was a emergency (medical kids etc). OP you should be embarrassed by your husband and yourself.

Had plenty of contractors over and always told them they are welcome to the bathrooms, water and bought them lunch if they were around then. Have a bit of humanity.

Old 05-01-2017, 11:51 AM

21 posts, read 21,288 times
We just had 3 contractors doing outside work (for 2 full days). Of course we let them use our bathroom. We also ordered them pizza for lunch one day, hamburgers the next, provided water, etc. I strive to treat others the way I would want to be treated and to exemplify this for my children. When my husband came home from work on the last day he had a beer with them and admired their hard work. Humility and humbleness are important values to us.

Old 06-06-2017, 10:26 AM

5,853 posts, read 5,284,845 times
I am bumping this thread up because we are having our downstairs bathroom redone-FINALLY. Our contractor just came up stairs and asked me if he could use our bathroom. I said NO! Then I said of course he could use it. I told him about this thread and asked him if people let him use it or not. He said, "As long as we take care of it."

Cat

Old 06-06-2017, 10:36 AM

986 posts, read 1,867,129 times
I just cannot fathom why someone wouldn't want or allow a contractor working inside their house to use their bathroom. Sometimes you just need "to go". It's a part of life. I would rather the contractor asked and then used my bathroom than wasted 10-15 mins round-trip going to and from a public restroom.

Old 06-06-2017, 10:46 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,219,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
I am bumping this thread up because we are having our downstairs bathroom redone-FINALLY. Our contractor just came up stairs and asked me if he could use our bathroom. I said NO! Then I said of course he could use it. I told him about this thread and asked him if people let him use it or not. He said, "As long as we take care of it."

Cat
lol!

I have a relative who is a retired teacher and when someone says "Can I...?" she corrects you and says "May I....?" Your post made me think of that, because it would be like "well, I would hope you have learned how to use a bathroom by now! It's right over there."

Old 06-06-2017, 11:03 AM

5,853 posts, read 5,284,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
lol!

I have a relative who is a retired teacher and when someone says "Can I...?" she corrects you and says "May I....?" Your post made me think of that, because it would be like "well, I would hope you have learned how to use a bathroom by now! It's right over there."

You could say, "I don't know, CAN you?"

What really cracks me up is when people ask, "Do you have a bathroom?" I tell them, "No. We have a tree out back."

Cat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House