Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 06:38 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,700,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Lately I have been hearing a lot about these mattresses that they ship to you in a box... What do you think about it.
I built a bed for one of my kids and we bought a Leesa mattress-in-a-box. I can't speak for durability yet, but I find it pretty comfortable. For whatever it is worth, I don't use a box spring. It just a "platform" in essence.

After using my kid as a guinea pig, when I build my wife and I a new bed, we'll get a Leesa mattress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2018, 07:15 AM

3,536 posts, read 12,331,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Lately I have been hearing a lot about these mattresses that they ship to you in a box. Casper is one, there are many.

Most of them are memory foam or memory foam hybrids.

Has anybody bought one of these (or a similar brand), and if so, what do you think about it.
I have one. It was cheap compared to my Tempurdedic I was replacing, and I like it better. Mine is a Zinus Green Tea mattress.

Old 03-29-2018, 07:17 AM

3,536 posts, read 12,331,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietude View Post
Count on foam beds to break down and "canoe" in a fairly short time, especially if they are slept on every night. (That is, not a guest-room bed used a few times a month or less.) Plastic foam is a rigid material and every compression breaks a few bubble walls; repeat a few thousand times and the dip/sag will be noticeable.

If you like foam and want a longer lifespan (like, yours) - go latex. Latex is a nonrigid material and the bubble rupture rate is almost nil. (That means all latex, not a latex layer with poly foam - which is somewhere between misleading and a scam.)
I had a Tempurdedic for almost 15 years, it never broke down at all. The only reason I replaced it is that I wanted to go from Queen to King.

Old 03-29-2018, 11:52 AM

534 posts, read 489,448 times
My sister bought a Tuft and Needle several years ago. She and her husband both adore it. I sleep on an expensive Sleep Number mattress, and while I never slept on the Tuft and Needle mattress, when I laid on the T&N bed to test it, my impression was that it was very, very comfortable, and it was a fraction of the price I paid for mine.

Old 03-29-2018, 02:10 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,824,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone1 View Post
"Most of them have 100 nights return guaranteed".....pay close attention to individual return policy....I've seen some that state "must be in original box". We ended up buying from Costco, no such requirement.

Regards
Gemstone1
that's crazy. If you buy from Casper, they have 100 day return policy and they send a currier to pick it up and remove it from your home and donate it to a local charity if you want to return it ....no box needed!

Old 03-29-2018, 02:15 PM

2,251 posts, read 3,272,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietude View Post
Count on foam beds to break down and "canoe" in a fairly short time, especially if they are slept on every night. (That is, not a guest-room bed used a few times a month or less.) Plastic foam is a rigid material and every compression breaks a few bubble walls; repeat a few thousand times and the dip/sag will be noticeable.
I disagree. I only have my own anecdotal evidence, but in 12 years of everyday use, our Tempurpedic has not sagged at all.

Old 03-29-2018, 02:43 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,273,013 times
Isn't that an Alice In Chains song?

Old 03-29-2018, 08:00 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,326,193 times
yep. Seems okay. I'm not sleeping on it. The idiot who does (Girlzilla) insisted on a memory foam topper (because she just wants her demands met and she's stupid). When they came home with it (her dad - my ex bought it) I said "you know the whole mattress is memory foam, right?" She says "oh it is?" YES STUPID, IT IS BUT YOU JUST HAVE TO GET YOUR WAY (I imagined screaming at her)

Old 03-29-2018, 10:21 PM

6,819 posts, read 11,548,200 times
Just bought a Leesa for the guest room. Very comfy. Going to replace my own soon with one.

Old 03-30-2018, 07:34 AM

91 posts, read 71,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
We bought a Zinus bed in a box last year and love it. Far more comfortable than the spring mattress that it replaced.
We got one last year. Now that problem is I have to fight to get the kids off our bed. It's too comfy. I'm working on getting them their own mattress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House