Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 05:45 PM

7,143 posts, read 4,552,321 times

Advertisements

I think it takes a lot of nerve to do that without asking.

Old 08-01-2019, 05:46 PM

1,210 posts, read 889,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post

One realtor lady
Was she hot?

Old 08-01-2019, 05:53 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,558,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Months later update:

Realtors still do it and I either throw them in the trash or in the street.

One realtor lady had the balls to come to my door because her signs kept getting thrown away; that sure didn't end well.

I almost had her arrested for trespassing.
Jeez, how many homes on your street go up for sale each year? you must have a hell of a turnover to continue to have a problem like this.

Old 08-01-2019, 06:06 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,673,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Jeez, how many homes on your street go up for sale each year? you must have a hell of a turnover to continue to have a problem like this.
Yeah I know. I think it's just a coincidence that several or so houses have gone up for sale on my street around the same time. The first year we lived here there were none.

Well and there's this one house that is priced ludicrously and the owner has gone through several agents.

Most of the people I talked to who moved it was for jobs, etc.

I love my street, will probably never move. Everyone else that's permanent here does too.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:47 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,614,838 times
Strongly consider going hands-on, nobody can get away with that!!!!!

No, joking.....pull it up and toss it in the trash!

Old 08-02-2019, 01:20 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,673,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Strongly consider going hands-on, nobody can get away with that!!!!!

No, joking.....pull it up and toss it in the trash!
Lol, don't worry. I don't think a sign lasts out there an hour before I throw it away. I'm always gonna see it when I walk my dog, etc.

What irritates me is that if this were their home, their lot, they wouldn't like walking outside to see some sign, either.

Old 08-03-2019, 05:39 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,847,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Everybody wants to move because of the crazy guy on the corner who's always throwing things like signs into the street.

Old 08-03-2019, 06:08 AM

2,955 posts, read 1,414,297 times
It's mind boggling that they don't even ask if they can put a sign on your property. Who thinks it's okay to put signs (real estate, political campaigns, etc..) on other people's property without the owner's permission?

Old 08-03-2019, 07:10 AM

3,150 posts, read 1,604,883 times
To me the issue is about someone placing promotional materials on someone's property (assuming the property is private property) without permission and/or compensation. Even a "for sale" sign is promotion for the sale of the home and to generate on-going business for the real estate firm. That is why so many for sale signs are left up after the home has sold. A sign without placement has no promotional value and a corner property with good traffic flow gives the sign value. In the business world these things cost money so why would someone assume that placement is free from a private citizen.

My approach would be to send a certified l etter to the realtor to either remove the sign immediately or be charged rent of $xx/day for sign placement on private property. Failure to remove sign by x date will result in sign disposal fee of $xx. The property owner should not experience aggravation or expend time to remove the sign.

Similarly when I receive surveys I will not complete without compensation. Why should I give away my time and give suggestions for free so the company or organization can improve their service? It makes no sense. But since many people think what's the big deal, companies get these things for free. The question is not how much time or effort does it really take you or how does it cause you any harm; the question what is the value of your resource to the business need and what is it worth to you to provide it.

Last edited by Maddie104; 08-03-2019 at 08:12 AM..

Old 08-11-2021, 09:11 AM

17,537 posts, read 39,154,399 times
Just this weekend we had a realtor ask (hubby) if she could put an open house sign up for the ridiculously priced house up the street. She only asked because he was already outside. Anyway he agreed (one sign is no biggie) and when I went outside she had WRAPPED THE PROPERTY in those trashy signs! Including one right in front of our house!!! It looked like ours was the open house! I took most down and left them by the one on the corner, which was across the street from yet ANOTHER that she placed. Talk about overkill! We have spent a fortune renovating our home, and I despise any type of those trashy looking signs. Again, I am ok with just ONE on the corner, but geez -FOUR?? Next time they go in the trash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House