Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2021, 03:54 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,201,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
No sidewalk on my street/neighborhood. And if that's the case, the city owning the edge of my yard, I want the government to come mow said part of the yard and take care of edging the weeds out of the curbs, etc.

He or she put it near the stop sign in my yard. Maybe they figured it was ok since there's a stop sign there anyway?

Just rubs me the wrong way they didn't ask, send me a note, anything.
You can ask the realtor to remove those signs, but regardless of a sidewalk or not, there is an easement between your yard and the street. The easement usually is around 20' wide all along the streets. If the city decided to have water and sewage pipes, for example, these are place on these easements. The same for phone lines and the rest. If you have a plot for your property, it should show the easements.

Old 08-11-2021, 04:06 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,673,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
You can ask the realtor to remove those signs, but regardless of a sidewalk or not, there is an easement between your yard and the street. The easement usually is around 20' wide all along the streets. If the city decided to have water and sewage pipes, for example, these are place on these easements. The same for phone lines and the rest. If you have a plot for your property, it should show the easements.
Easement or not, it's going straight in the trash.

This thread is a few years old, haven't had any signs out in my yard since.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House