Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2020, 04:53 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,653,002 times

Advertisements

Usually they are neater and better organized than mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2020, 05:10 PM

857 posts, read 845,079 times
A guest bathroom that is waaay too close to the kitchen/living room where people congregate and you really gots to go do some evil in there, aka insert some Seals...

Old 12-08-2020, 05:31 PM

5,584 posts, read 6,515,763 times
Crooked pictures and crooked lampshades. Very obvious, just straighten them, for pete's sake.

Old 12-08-2020, 05:44 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
I like for the guest bathrooms to be separated from the gathering area, and that's something we missed when we built our house. My guest bathroom is just down the hall a little ways from the living room. So when I have guests over, I tell them there are two bathrooms, the guest powder right there and then further down the hallway is the master bath they're absolutely welcome to use.

I have a good friend who, back in normal times, hosted dinner parties frequently and her guest powder room is actually in the formal dining room. That is, you get up from the table and open a door in the room and there's the little powder room.

??? Who did THAT?

Old 12-08-2020, 05:53 PM

6,590 posts, read 4,982,629 times
Temp is a killer for me. I swear, everyone's house is too cold in summer and too hot in winter for me.

I also don't like not having a place to sit.

I *really* don't like being invited to a sit down meal with so many people in a small house that people are eating in multiple rooms. Get me once on that and I'll never go back.

And begging animals. I have pets but they do NOT eat off my plate. Ever. That is one thing I'll be vocal about if I find a pets nose in my food. Hair on the couch doesn't bother me, nose or paw in my food - watch out!

Old 12-08-2020, 06:32 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,071,757 times
Unrealistic expectations - like that "No fireworks in the house" rule, and being expected lift the toilet seat prior to urinating, it's so annoying. Don't even get me started on my buddy's wife and her "Don't chase the cat with the drone" nonsense. And what kind of parent doesn't want their kids to learn limericks, anyway?

Old 12-08-2020, 06:51 PM

12,062 posts, read 10,281,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I like for the guest bathrooms to be separated from the gathering area, and that's something we missed when we built our house. My guest bathroom is just down the hall a little ways from the living room. So when I have guests over, I tell them there are two bathrooms, the guest powder right there and then further down the hallway is the master bath they're absolutely welcome to use.

I have a good friend who, back in normal times, hosted dinner parties frequently and her guest powder room is actually in the formal dining room. That is, you get up from the table and open a door in the room and there's the little powder room.

??? Who did THAT?
I am thinking of a new home and that is one thing I have thought about - the guest bathroom location!

Old 12-08-2020, 07:09 PM

3,377 posts, read 1,973,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Having to take my shoes off.
I don't like being asked to take my shoes off when I'm a guest in someone's house. I especially didn't like it when it was a party or larger social gathering and people were walking around in their stocking/bare feet. It seemed so silly.

If I'm wearing sandals and have to take them off before I enter someone's house, I would not want to walk barefooted into their bathroom.

Old 12-08-2020, 08:15 PM

6,876 posts, read 4,877,055 times
Until reading this thread I didn't realize the homes of other people could be annoying. LOL. There are certainly features I wouldn't want I. My home, but I don't concern myself with the homes of my friends. My friends tend to be neat and clean so I don't have to concern myself with that.

Old 12-08-2020, 08:21 PM

12,062 posts, read 10,281,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfomd129 View Post
I don't like being asked to take my shoes off when I'm a guest in someone's house. I especially didn't like it when it was a party or larger social gathering and people were walking around in their stocking/bare feet. It seemed so silly.

If I'm wearing sandals and have to take them off before I enter someone's house, I would not want to walk barefooted into their bathroom.
yep - big no to that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House