Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2021, 03:46 PM

3,376 posts, read 1,971,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Weird right? I think it's that internet discussion reflexive response to default towards disagreement.

The neighbors have no valid claim to park in front of the Op's house other than "they want to" yet most people here seem to be giving more weight to them. Very strange.
When someone disagrees with a position it doesn't make it "strange" or "weird." It's just a different way of looking at a situation and perhaps a way to offer a solution. What's being overlooked is that the neighbors aren't parking in front of the OPs house. The cars belong to caregivers who work at the neighbor's house and I don't think the OP has communicated her unhappiness with the people who are actually parking in front of her house.
I could be wrong about that but I don't remember reading that she had talked with anyone about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2021, 04:08 PM

24,590 posts, read 10,896,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie104 View Post
It could simply be about the view. Many people don't want to be looking out at a vehicle. I noticed the same thing with our neighbor. A once a week cleaning lady always parks on the street at the very end of his property boundary. The only problem for me is backing out of my driveway and her car is perpendicular requiring me to make multiple turns backing out. She has seen me do this but still continues to park there and leave the driveway and very long curb fronting his home clear. I don't think my neighbor asked her to do this; I think she is trying to keep her vehicle as unobtrusive as possible despite knowing the minor inconvenience to me.
Since she is only there once a week for a couple of hours it doesn't bother me.

I agree with the OP; it's about courtesy not what is legally allowed.
You know an awful lot about the comings and goings next door's.

Old 05-31-2021, 04:14 PM

24,590 posts, read 10,896,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandi9 View Post
I'm ready to put up a huge fence between us.

My neighbor has a huge backyard- fenced in. As is mine. Our front yards are open to one another. Today there are three kids visiting. They look at least 13 years old. They decide they want to play soccer....in the front yard. The ball of course keeps being kicked into my front yard, that's newly seeded with grass seed and with gardens I just slaved away creating for weeks on end. Now these three boys keep running all over my front yard. What is wrong with my neighbors? Why not tell them to go in the backyard- a huge grassy backyard perfect for soccer and running? Nope, just let them run all over my lawn. I am so mad. I don't want to be that mean neighbor lady telling them to get off my lawn. I went outside and sat on my front stairs trying to make a point of "stay away". But I blame my neighbors overall. I would never let visitors or my future kids do this.

One kicked ball is an accident. They ran in my yard over and over and over.

This is the same neighbor I've been talking about.

Their house is a revolving door of visitors. I've never seen anything like it. The medical people seem more regular, the same people. They have new people coming everyday. Some look low life. This one guy kept coming for weeks and one time was yelling in the driveway at the sick lady's daughter. Haven't seen him in months now. So many random people every day.
What does "low life" look like?

Old 05-31-2021, 04:21 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,030,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Yet their own front parking spots are off limits and you agree with this.

Bizarro world.
And please tell me where I said that... oh, that’s right. I didn’t.

You’re really hostile.. why? It’s just a car, on a public street, bothering no one.

Old 05-31-2021, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
This seems extremely childish and petty. I'd just talk to the neighbors and see what comes out of it. No need to turn into a 5 year old.
Oh, please... this is tame to what some of the toddlers want to do.

Old 05-31-2021, 04:28 PM

3,147 posts, read 1,603,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie104 View Post
It could simply be about the view. Many people don't want to be looking out at a vehicle. I noticed the same thing with our neighbor. A once a week cleaning lady always parks on the street at the very end of his property boundary. The only problem for me is backing out of my driveway and her car is perpendicular requiring me to make multiple turns backing out. She has seen me do this but still continues to park there and leave the driveway and very long curb fronting his home clear. I don't think my neighbor asked her to do this; I think she is trying to keep her vehicle as unobtrusive as possible despite knowing the minor inconvenience to me.
Since she is only there once a week for a couple of hours it doesn't bother me.

I agree with the OP; it's about courtesy not what is legally allowed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
You know an awful lot about the comings and goings next door's.
And you make an ignorant, pointless comment. Did you read that the car is parked perpendicular to my driveway? So, yes, I drive my car in and out of the driveway everyday, sometimes several times a day, so it's impossible to not notice when the same car is parked that requires several maneuvers to avoid hitting it.

Old 05-31-2021, 04:30 PM

19,058 posts, read 13,973,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfomd129 View Post
When someone disagrees with a position it doesn't make it "strange" or "weird." It's just a different way of looking at a situation and perhaps a way to offer a solution. What's being overlooked is that the neighbors aren't parking in front of the OPs house. The cars belong to caregivers who work at the neighbor's house and I don't think the OP has communicated her unhappiness with the people who are actually parking in front of her house.
I could be wrong about that but I don't remember reading that she had talked with anyone about it.
But that's not the posts that I am describing as weird. It's the "too bad lady!" posts that are mind-boggling. Apparently the neighbors' decision not to have cars in front of their house is more valid than the op's. Makes zero sense to me. I'm just calling it as I see it.

To be clear, my first post stated that my step one would be to speak to the neighbor.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 05-31-2021, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandi9 View Post
I'm ready to put up a huge fence between us.

My neighbor has a huge backyard- fenced in. As is mine. Our front yards are open to one another. Today there are three kids visiting. They look at least 13 years old. They decide they want to play soccer....in the front yard. The ball of course keeps being kicked into my front yard, that's newly seeded with grass seed and with gardens I just slaved away creating for weeks on end. Now these three boys keep running all over my front yard. What is wrong with my neighbors? Why not tell them to go in the backyard- a huge grassy backyard perfect for soccer and running? Nope, just let them run all over my lawn. I am so mad. I don't want to be that mean neighbor lady telling them to get off my lawn. I went outside and sat on my front stairs trying to make a point of "stay away". But I blame my neighbors overall. I would never let visitors or my future kids do this.

One kicked ball is an accident. They ran in my yard over and over and over.

This is the same neighbor I've been talking about.

Their house is a revolving door of visitors. I've never seen anything like it. The medical people seem more regular, the same people. They have new people coming everyday. Some look low life. This one guy kept coming for weeks and one time was yelling in the driveway at the sick lady's daughter. Haven't seen him in months now. So many random people every day.
Open the door and say,” hi guys !! Could you please play somewhere else? I just planted seed and you’re trampling my garden. Thank you!” Easy peasy.. this is something agree that you have a right to address. If the kids don’t listen, don’t post about it here, go over and knock on the door. Being a casserole.

You’re not the mean neighbor lady, just the nosey one. It’s ok... your neighbor will soon be gone and the house will be sold to a family with 6 little kids and 3 large labs.

Old 05-31-2021, 04:33 PM

19,058 posts, read 13,973,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
And please tell me where I said that... oh, that’s right. I didn’t.

You’re really hostile.. why? It’s just a car, on a public street, bothering no one.
Well clearly it's bothering the OP enough to post about it.

Disagreeing with you is not being hostile. You're reading that into the fact that I strongly disagree with yours (and others) immediate knee-jerk "too bad it is a public street" answers.

I explained quite clearly that my view involves a ton of neighborly respect. Right or wrong, I did not take the opposite tact from those who seem hell bent of shaming the op for her annoyance in this matter. I was very nuanced in my explanation of how I'd handle this as I have gone through the same issue myself in the past.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 05-31-2021, 04:42 PM

3,376 posts, read 1,971,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
You can speak to the medical driver, who is parking in front of your house, and say it's an awkward angle for you to get into your driveway.

Other than that, just let it go. I wouldn't say anything to the family. In these situations, the patient is not expected to last very long. Give them extra peace and space to do what they have to do. You are not being wronged when it's your choice to accommodate.

That is a lovely sentiment. I'm going to try to remember that for situations that bug me from time to time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House