Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 05:49 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,410,702 times

Advertisements

I'm not telling others to. I'm providing them with the information from studies rather than my personal opinion (which I don't expect anyone to take as gospel). I use different boards for meat and vegetables for the same reason that I use a different board for onions/garlic/shallots than I do for green vegetables, and a different board for fish than I do for meat/poultry - if I'm mixing the flavors, I want it to be intentional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 11:49 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,146,766 times
Very nice. Thanks for sharing. I love IKEA and was wondering how the cabinets are to install. Do they feel sturdy? The counters look nice but I understand how you may be disappointed in them. I think every home remodel comes with "Darn, next time I won't do that again!" I love the orange. The last house we had I painted my kitchen orange as well. It turned out really cool. Just a suggestion, I think I would paint the overhead or soffit a different color. Visually the cabinets seem to stop too short at the top. Giving the impression like something is missing. Or hang some decor on it if you haven't done so already. Again, good job.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:49 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,424,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
Very nice. Thanks for sharing. I love IKEA and was wondering how the cabinets are to install. Do they feel sturdy? The counters look nice but I understand how you may be disappointed in them. I think every home remodel comes with "Darn, next time I won't do that again!" I love the orange. The last house we had I painted my kitchen orange as well. It turned out really cool. Just a suggestion, I think I would paint the overhead or soffit a different color. Visually the cabinets seem to stop too short at the top. Giving the impression like something is missing. Or hang some decor on it if you haven't done so already. Again, good job.
Thank you!

The cabinets themselves are not too sturdy, but the doors are--which is all that matters to me. I'm not going to be spending any time jumping up and down on my kitchen cabinets anytime soon Although, I did stand on them to hang that pot rack up, so they hold a large woman

I plan on dressing up the walls of the kitchen someday, including the soffit. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet, but I can see your point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House