Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 06:45 PM

1,632 posts, read 3,327,595 times

Advertisements

Do our Houston airports have these naked scanners? If so, any terminals that don't? Unless my TSA agent is an attractive young lass (which I have not known to exist among TSA employees), I'm not doing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2010, 07:03 PM

2,075 posts, read 4,447,102 times
My understanding is no one at the security checkpoint is able to see the images... the only person who sees it is locked in a little room well away from the scanner. You can always opt for the full body pat down instead, but I imagine that will be even more dependent on who your TSA agent is.

Old 11-14-2010, 07:14 PM

8,895 posts, read 20,002,567 times
I went through one in Harlingen over the summer. Rather that than the pat-down. Figured, what they see is a drawing outline of your naked body and I don't know any of them so who cares - I don't them and won't see them again (unless I travel through Harlingen again). I just wanted to move through security and get on my plane to go home.

Old 11-14-2010, 07:42 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,201,105 times
Did you see the news story that they are NOT deleting them like they were supposed to do? Not only that, they are being sent around. Scary - I can see the youtube video now...

Old 11-14-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
My understanding is no one at the security checkpoint is able to see the images... the only person who sees it is locked in a little room well away from the scanner. You can always opt for the full body pat down instead, but I imagine that will be even more dependent on who your TSA agent is.
I'm just not convinced that radiation is good for me.... I know the gov says it's safe, but I try to avoid radiation that is capable of seeing through my skin

Old 11-14-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
Did you see the news story that they are NOT deleting them like they were supposed to do? Not only that, they are being sent around. Scary - I can see the youtube video now...
Yea, that doesn't surprise me. The people that work for TSA seem to be the lowest quality of humans I've seen.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:33 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,270,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texascrude View Post
Yea, that doesn't surprise me. The people that work for TSA seem to be the lowest quality of humans I've seen.
I know what you mean. Unfortunately they are now given authority

Old 11-14-2010, 10:37 PM

239 posts, read 639,133 times
They are counting on everyone going along with it out of fear. If enough people stand up and say No, it would stop. In large enough numbers, they cannot arrest and fine everybody. And if it affects the airlines bottom line enough, you know it will change.

The question is, do we as a society have the juevos to stand up for ourselves anymore? Or are we too far down the fear-driven sheeple road to get out from behind our computers and do more than just complain to each other?

Old 11-14-2010, 11:37 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,201,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GettaClue View Post
They are counting on everyone going along with it out of fear. If enough people stand up and say No, it would stop. In large enough numbers, they cannot arrest and fine everybody. And if it affects the airlines bottom line enough, you know it will change.

The question is, do we as a society have the juevos to stand up for ourselves anymore? Or are we too far down the fear-driven sheeple road to get out from behind our computers and do more than just complain to each other?
Yeah, I think the majority will just go along out of fear. They are proposing raising social security retirement age in France and the citizens went ape. They talk about it here and we say, "Oh, Okay", even though we have contributed to it forever. The majority here go along with whatever they are told to do.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:34 AM

61,728 posts, read 87,147,355 times
There is a thread about it already: //www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...n-antonio.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston