Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 09:54 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,873,772 times

Advertisements

Let them wear what they want. When I was a teen I used to wear skinny jeans and there were plenty of adults who had a problem with that. I grew up and moved on to more appropriate clothing for my age. I wasn't hurting anyone with my skinny jeans. I may have looked ridiculous but that's how most teens look. Let them be kids and express themselves however they want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 09:09 AM

717 posts, read 900,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersied View Post
He knew good and damn well what he was grabbing. Many police officers have repressed homoerotic fantasies and get their jollies off of groping young black men.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:37 AM

2,075 posts, read 4,450,971 times
Never really understood the outrage with sagging... if people want to look stupid, let them look stupid. I was in high school when sagging hit the hiphop/skater crowds, and I can't ever recall seeing anyone sagging and exposing body parts... only exposed boxers. Hell, 80's bball shorts were more indecent/exposing than that. And where does this end? Do they outlaw kids in goth clothing next? And how ironic is it that the place that actually profits from this look is now banning it.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:40 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,660,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
The only fat people I've seen with cracks exposed are the old SNL skits - fat people just expose their skin because they sometimes wear the wrong clothes for their body type but most don't generally expose their cracks - but no I don't care to see anyone's underwear exposed - and not making it a cultural thing - white, black, asian, hispanic - it's just stupid and an ugly trend and showing your drawers shows zero respect for those strangers in public places. Do it home, at private parties, etc. whatever.
Its underwear. Get over it. It aint hurting you in any tiny possible way. This isnt the 50s and older people who have a problem with this need to realize that they will die and wither away long before "saggers" . Our youthful generation is the one that will shape our culture. Stuff like this has been happening all over the world since the dawn of man and there are always uptight older people complaining because they hate change

Old 06-27-2011, 09:49 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,253,308 times
Well it's great the city is so concerned with such insigificant issues like this.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:27 AM

54 posts, read 99,538 times
When sagging first hit the scene, kids were doing it from every race and background. The fad faded, most kids stopped doing it. The majority of the people doing this now are gangbangers. From kids all the way to young adults. I am not saying all are bad or gangbangers but there are enough of them that they are all lumped together. Is that fair....no but the bad outweigh the good in my opinion.
I agree fully with places banning sagging. If the people sagging were not trouble then the issue would never have come up would it?!!!

Old 06-27-2011, 11:02 AM

2,075 posts, read 4,450,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLoriginal'71 View Post
The majority of the people doing this now are gangbangers.
Really? I'd LOVE to see the stats that show this.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:22 AM

1,211 posts, read 3,561,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
This is one idiotic thread.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:37 AM

54 posts, read 99,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
I love how you left out my next few sentences. If you want real world stats then just turn your TV on and watch the news or watch news programs like 20/20 and dateline.

Anyway, this is just my opinion based on what I see so frequently that it's hard not to have this opinion of saggers.

Old 06-27-2011, 12:03 PM

Location: Where nothing ever grows. No rain or rivers flow, Texas
1,085 posts, read 1,583,438 times
New orleans "kids" are so far behind, they are still doing it. will someone send mr.legend and will.i.am to that dump. tell em cockfighting is cruel while theyre there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston