Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2007, 12:46 PM

2 posts, read 10,190 times

Advertisements

We are thinking of moving from the heights to the area just north of 610. However, I heard some of this are flooded during Allison(?) and do not want to purchase a house that previously flooded. Since it has been 5 or more years since the flood I do not trust seller's disclosures when the seller marked that the house was never flooded. Does anyone know which parts of this are were flooded to the extent that houses took in water? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2007, 05:39 PM

2,628 posts, read 8,829,835 times
Some of the houses close to White Oak Bayou, over by T.C. Jester, did get water in them, but only like one inch maybe. I think it was limited to just the first few closest to the bayou. I don't think any of Garden Oaks flooded. Don't take that as gospel though.

One thing to look for is original hardwoods. If there are obviously old hardwoods, then you can pretty much figure they couldn't have had any serious flooding as that would have ruined them. Some of the houses in Oak Forest that took in a little water did get new hardwoods, so you would have to look carefully.

Old 08-31-2007, 07:30 PM

3,702 posts, read 18,208,805 times
A number of homes in Oak Forest flooded pretty good. I was house hunting at the time and looked at quite a few that had taken significant to a few inches of water in that area. Can't remember specifically where though. The house I bid on in Garden Oaks also had some flooding in the garage but not in the main house itself as it sat higher above the garage. I didn't win it (which was probably for the best). It was located a few houses down behind the Conns just off Shepherd. Shepherd Forest did ok though. I know my friend's house in Candlelight Oaks did not flood but his pool did and it was a mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston