Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 10:55 AM

29 posts, read 120,019 times

Advertisements

Anyone know of future development in this areas? Looks like there are a lot of tear downs and new constructions in that area and money going into the area. Like the new Super Kroger shopping center. Wondering if there will be any new restaurants...or more development.

What kind of potential do people see with this area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 02:49 PM

556 posts, read 1,086,198 times
They've already seen a ton of growth (espcially the first two you mentioned).

The proximity to town is the big plus for that area. As long as the retail continues to improve I imagine a lot of the seedier stuff will be priced out. Ella will most likely be an eye soar for years to come. Schools aren't great (besides Garden Oaks & Oak Forest Elem) so that's an issue as well.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:25 PM

2,639 posts, read 8,286,237 times
Great possibilities....10 years ago was an article in the Chron about GO being the new West U. It has made great strides along with Oak Forest.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:14 PM

491 posts, read 1,261,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diggity101 View Post
They've already seen a ton of growth (espcially the first two you mentioned).

The proximity to town is the big plus for that area. As long as the retail continues to improve I imagine a lot of the seedier stuff will be priced out. Ella will most likely be an eye soar for years to come. Schools aren't great (besides Garden Oaks & Oak Forest Elem) so that's an issue as well.
Since you seem to know about schools in the area, I'm curious how Stevens Elementary is thought of today. I started school there in 1960.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:59 PM

29 posts, read 120,019 times
westres1 do you have a link to the article?

Old 03-26-2010, 08:05 AM

381 posts, read 1,233,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroPlumber View Post
Since you seem to know about schools in the area, I'm curious how Stevens Elementary is thought of today. I started school there in 1960.
Stevens is considered mediocre. It is unfortunate. Oak Forest had a major facelift, and it is very nice now.

There is aslo Durham Elementary that is Candlelight that is a fabulous elem.

I think it will continue to grow. OF lots are on the smaller side to me, 7-8,000 - but the old ones are easy to tear down. I see alot of construction around me.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:40 AM

635 posts, read 1,704,372 times
You also have Smith Elementary who is being built from the ground up in phases that is located in Oak Forest.

I live in Candlelight Oaks and highly recommend all of the inner NW area. In my neighborhood alone, you are beginning to see more and more professionals moving in to the neighborhood.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emirate25 View Post
You also have Smith Elementary who is being built from the ground up in phases that is located in Oak Forest.

I live in Candlelight Oaks and highly recommend all of the inner NW area. In my neighborhood alone, you are beginning to see more and more professionals moving in to the neighborhood.
Katherine Smith--right? I went there too for part of my elementary. It was considered a good school in the 60's.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownybaby View Post
Stevens is considered mediocre. It is unfortunate. Oak Forest had a major facelift, and it is very nice now.

There is aslo Durham Elementary that is Candlelight that is a fabulous elem.

I think it will continue to grow. OF lots are on the smaller side to me, 7-8,000 - but the old ones are easy to tear down. I see alot of construction around me.
That's too bad, but not surprising. I would think the area would be a good candidate for tear-downs, like Bellaire became.

Old 03-26-2010, 01:55 PM

381 posts, read 1,233,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroPlumber View Post
That's too bad, but not surprising. I would think the area would be a good candidate for tear-downs, like Bellaire became.
It is basically what it is becoming...nothing but teardowns....drive down 1200 block of Wakefield, and there are 4-5 brand new (large) homes.....it is surreal...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: