Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 05:38 AM

543 posts, read 1,387,429 times

Advertisements

Based on the slide presentation link posted by DaveGI, houses will be priced from 200-500K.
DaveGI - Do you by any chance know when they will be selling?
The link from Trendmarker didn't have much of any information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2014, 10:34 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,707,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNCold View Post
Based on the slide presentation link posted by DaveGI, houses will be priced from 200-500K.
DaveGI - Do you by any chance know when they will be selling?
The link from Trendmarker didn't have much of any information.
The homes are probably similar to these in size and price:

Riverstone In Sugar Land, Texas

If something were in the 200s, it'd probably be a small one.

Old 05-25-2014, 04:49 PM

8,895 posts, read 20,005,041 times
I don't think anything will be in the 200's -- the trend maker patio homes typically start in the 325's. Not much anywhere is in the 200's anymore. Non-patio homes will be substantially more I would guess.

Old 05-30-2014, 12:20 PM

5 posts, read 12,018 times
Default Trendmaker prices

First they said $400 and up, now maybe $300 starting, but will depend on who other builder is. CLCWA is working on the water runoff issues as all the water from the entire commercial and residential has to go into their detention areas and then into Horsepen at a specific rate. Whole Foods is not coming; it is not a main area and too suburban residential for them as I talked to their marketing people. If HEB, the El Dorado and CLC Boulevard intersection will be very busy. Pine Brook does not want their portion of CLCB widened as it would bisect the neighborhood from the pool, main park, etc. Also, it would destroy a lot of greenery and City of Houston installed new sidewalks along most of the boulevard there.

Go to the CR 646 HEB shopping area and imagine half of that at the CLCB intersection area. Having the homes is one thing, but concerns are all the traffic, more people hanging around residential neighborhoods that don't live there, and if a shopping center there can sustain other stores over time. New homeowners would have to drive through all that shopping entrance area to get back into the neighborhood, unless they can come in from Space Center.

Old 05-30-2014, 01:15 PM

5 posts, read 12,018 times
Default Trendmaker development - wetlands

Well, there are areas in the proposed development that scientists have identified as wetlands. First the area soaks up water, then retains it as a flood barrier, then filters it so we can have clean water going into the aquifier to drink and good water to preserve Galveston Bay. Wetlands are geological formations, and simply digging a retention area in another spot does not create what the wetlands do. These wetlands will be destroyed forever. Whether through formation of the earth or God-made, these cannot be re-created.
This is upsetting a lot of people as they are natural flood prevention areas also.

So there are different groups in CL that oppose the new development for differing reasons. As for walking to HEB to shop: have you tried to carry more than a small bag or 2 of groceries. Not fun if you have to walk a ways. And it is looking like a very big HEB will go there.

Old 05-30-2014, 11:05 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,707,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeKing View Post
These wetlands will be destroyed forever. Whether through formation of the earth or God-made, these cannot be re-created.
This is upsetting a lot of people as they are natural flood prevention areas also.
You'll find many residents' seasonal allergies, asthma, etc will be gone once those wetlands are destroyed too. BTW some of those 'upset people' are so obviously whacked out on drugs that it's embarrassing. Please do me a favor and tell them to clean themselves up before talking to the media, or doing random zombie-walks on the outskirts of the neighborhood. Thank you.

Quote:
As for walking to HEB to shop: have you tried to carry more than a small bag or 2 of groceries.
Yes. People, even the very elderly, in Bay Pointe have done it for the past 10+ years to/from Randalls with one of these:

(And that is a much less active neighborhood than Pine Brook, BTW.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeKing View Post
Go to the CR 646 HEB shopping area and imagine half of that at the CLCB intersection area.
CLCB is not I-45, nor is it in League City/Dickinson. The new shopping center is not going to be nearly that big and will be no busier than the Randalls or Kroger that is already here. And those are very easy stores to get in and out of, at any time of the day.

Last edited by tstone; 05-30-2014 at 11:15 PM..

Old 05-31-2014, 06:38 AM

Its a very desirable area - these things will sell before they even break ground.

Old 06-06-2014, 07:47 PM

32 posts, read 68,464 times
Honestly, I have been following the development since January of 2013 when it was first announced. My family and I will be one of the first ones to settle in the Reserve. We have been looking at homes for over a year in the pinebrook area and decided to hold off when we heard about the new neighborhood coming. I have had numerous conversations with project managers from Trendmaker and they have told me prices will start in the low 300's for the 55' section. I think that prices will be more on par with Trendmaker's Cinco Ranch properties vs the Riverstone comparison made earlier. Riverstone is in Ft. Bend which is growing at a stellar pace.. (one of the fastest growing counties in the state of Texas) Pricing there is about 20-30% higher due to overwhelming demand for living in Sugarland. The Clear Lake area is more of a burb-esq region with much less retail and nightlife nearby. (no Town Square, etc) In other words it is not as attractive to young professionals or the transplants from all over the rest of the country moving to Texas. Clear Lake is a great area to live, raise a family and perfect for us as we are much closer to grandmas and grandpas. Clear lake is where my wife and I both grew up also. I think the Reserve will be a great addition to Clear Lake City and bring some much needed housing refresh, and revenue for the area to grow.. Lots of new and great improvements to the area coming in the next few years.. Read BAHEP and see for yourself. Bay Area Houston Economic Partnership

Old 06-08-2014, 04:28 AM

6 posts, read 14,175 times
I live in bay oaks a and there's been some talk that pinebrook and bay oaks are going to fight it. Especially bay oaks.

Old 06-08-2014, 03:24 PM

I don't think they'll be able to stop an upscale neighborhood from going in. They can fight all they want but it's not like a cheap hotel or section 8 apartments are going in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston