Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 09:20 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdemo View Post
Nice try but you need to work on your reading comprehension: "Where are some good places for a young black single female to live. I prefer to be where things are happening. I like to be in a diverse area. Not just one race or kind of people"

She clearly says she's African-American and wants to live in a diverse area.

And as for the other thread you posted. The guy deserves to be called out. From his mouth: " I guess I'm a culturalist...or even a racist, however that's not really the point of the thread."
Let's be very clear, no example I could come up with would be good enough for you... that's why I didn't bother trying.

It's best that you just ignore this thread, you clearly don't like it. Why can't you just ignore this and move on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2016, 09:29 AM

2,756 posts, read 3,810,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Let's be very clear, no example I could come up with would be good enough for you... that's why I didn't bother trying.

It's best that you just ignore this thread, you clearly don't like it. Why can't you just ignore this and move on?
Well the only post that you came up with is one that says the exact opposite of what you contend. Let's be very clear, you didn't bother trying because you can't find a single post. I'm off to meetings so carry on with your imaginary issue.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:37 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,243,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testmo View Post
This thread is a joke although my post was 100% serious. But man. I got some violent anti Semitic and homophobic private messages. Y'all are crazy

It apparently IS better in my neck of the woods!
I didn't write any messages but I can't help but notice the two groups you claim have the nicest stuff also claim to be terribly discriminated against and oppressed. Funny how that works isn't it? No matter, Muslims will have this all sorted out in decades.

BTW Westbury is not a very nice neighborhood, no matter how much subway tile and pink peppercorns you have in your kitchen.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdemo View Post
Well the only post that you came up with is one that says the exact opposite of what you contend. Let's be very clear, you didn't bother trying because you can't find a single post. I'm off to meetings so carry on with your imaginary issue.
Don't waste too much time replying to those imaginary hateful PMs.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:51 AM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,899,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testmo View Post
Some did. Apparently jews aren't welcomed in katy and memorial. Id advise it might just be dangerous to move there based off some of my messages. Also by the anti Semitic and homophobic responses about westbury I assume they dont live here
Kind of a ridiculous comment. I suspect if you did a map of Houston, those would be 3 of the 4 (along with Sugar Land) areas where the Jewish population is the heaviest.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:53 AM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,899,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I put it here because it specifically has to do with Houston, I follow the rest of the TX forum and don't see people asking these questions as often about other cities. It's also based on the fact that Houston is one of the most diverse cities in the US.

Instead of just moving on you'd rather see this post closed? I wonder why that is...
It happens in the threads for lots of cities.

Old 01-08-2016, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
It happens in the threads for lots of cities.
Like which ones? I don't frequent many forums outside of the cities in TX, I'm just wondering.

Old 01-08-2016, 11:38 AM

9,903 posts, read 6,612,278 times
Chinese: in Chinatown and throughout the city.
Vietnamese: In the Western portion of chinatown, and throughout the city.
Indian: Heavy concentrations in Little India, Sugar Land, Pearland and throughout the city.
Korean: Koreatown
Nigerian: Bissonett
Ethiopian: Bissonett
Venezuelan: Heavy concentration in Katy, and growing populations in Spring and Sharpstown
Philipino: Scattered throughout the city
Jew: Meyerland
Pakistani: Some on Hillcroft, and scattered throughout the city
Iranian: scattered throughout the western side of Houston
Colombian: Katy
Salvadorean: Gulfton, and scattered throughout the Southwest side
Argentenians: Scattered throughout western Houston.

List goes on, but yes there's communities for most ethnicities you can name

Old 01-08-2016, 07:26 PM

509 posts, read 555,114 times
"I want to find diversity." is code for: "I'm a minority and want to be sure there is someone like me. I don't want to live next door to a klan member either."

Old 01-08-2016, 11:14 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,038,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Chinese: in Chinatown and throughout the city.
Vietnamese: In the Western portion of chinatown, and throughout the city.
Indian: Heavy concentrations in Little India, Sugar Land, Pearland and throughout the city.
Korean: Koreatown
Nigerian: Bissonett
Ethiopian: Bissonett
Venezuelan: Heavy concentration in Katy, and growing populations in Spring and Sharpstown
Philipino: Scattered throughout the city
Jew: Meyerland
Pakistani: Some on Hillcroft, and scattered throughout the city
Iranian: scattered throughout the western side of Houston
Colombian: Katy
Salvadorean: Gulfton, and scattered throughout the Southwest side
Argentenians: Scattered throughout western Houston.

List goes on, but yes there's communities for most ethnicities you can name
Where is Little India?? Hillcroft??

And within Indians you have Bengalis, Goltis, Kannadigas, Marathis, Punjabis, Malayalis, Tamils and Hindi speaking people. They have their own languages, own places of worship and distinct culture..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston