Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2019, 02:36 PM

6,292 posts, read 7,505,541 times

Advertisements

I never thought I would see the day when any house in the 2nd ward would list for a million bucks. I hope they get it....

An investor-flipped Eastwood home has been listed at a record price for the neighborhood: $1 million.

As demand for inner Loop real estate has skyrocketed, so have prices in previously affordable neighborhoods. From 2003 to 2012, the median price per square foot in the neighborhood east of Downtown hovered around $94, according to HAR data. That jumped to $182 a square foot in 2018.

The five-bedroom, four-and-a-half bathroom home at 4503 McKinney St. is listed at $275 a square foot.
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/bus...ntent=briefing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2019, 03:19 PM

15,439 posts, read 7,506,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
I never thought I would see the day when any house in the 2nd ward would list for a million bucks. I hope they get it....
Technically, that's Third Ward. Second Ward was North of Harrisburg, at least on this map https://houstorian.files.wordpress.c...nwards1920.jpg

But, I'm being somewhat pedantic. It is interesting to see prices like that in the Eastwood area.

Old 12-31-2019, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Technically, that's Third Ward. Second Ward was North of Harrisburg, at least on this map https://houstorian.files.wordpress.c...nwards1920.jpg

But, I'm being somewhat pedantic. It is interesting to see prices like that in the Eastwood area.

OK, but in all reality when they built the Gulf Freeway that effectively partitioned that part of the Third Ward over to the Second ward.

The Houston Super neighborhood map calls it Greater Eastwood and doesn't show any part of Greater Third Ward to the East of I-45.

https://www.houstontx.gov/superneigh...zip.pdf#page=1

Old 01-06-2020, 12:44 PM

2,068 posts, read 4,338,653 times
Ugh... so many missed opportunities.

Old 01-07-2020, 01:13 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,587,042 times
picture 28, that's a million-dollar bathroom for sure.

It would be nice for me, I could work off the same street.

Old 01-07-2020, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_guerrajr View Post
picture 28, that's a million-dollar bathroom for sure.

It would be nice for me, I could work off the same street.
They really don't show the bathrooms do they, thanks for pointing that out. I wonder why though ?

Old 01-08-2020, 06:35 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,587,042 times
Quote:
They really don't show the bathrooms do they, thanks for pointing that out. I wonder why though ?
they do.

actually, if you look at the pic I'm referencing I'm being sarcastic.
Looks plain jane, like a home depot $199 vanity.

Old 01-08-2020, 08:44 AM

1,416 posts, read 4,440,324 times
Asking and getting are two different things. I used to live in Eastwood, and made decent money on the sale of our house, but it is nowhere near the point where someone will pay this much money for a home there (and on a busy street with a bus route).

With that said, the improvements in the area, and the recent run-up in housing prices have brought in investors who shied away from the area until now. So while Eastwood isn't even close to seeing the appreciation and desirability of the Heights, it is showing good signs of being somewhere on that path.

Old 01-08-2020, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelguy_73 View Post
Asking and getting are two different things. I used to live in Eastwood, and made decent money on the sale of our house, but it is nowhere near the point where someone will pay this much money for a home there (and on a busy street with a bus route).

With that said, the improvements in the area, and the recent run-up in housing prices have brought in investors who shied away from the area until now. So while Eastwood isn't even close to seeing the appreciation and desirability of the Heights, it is showing good signs of being somewhere on that path.
Yea being on McKinney threw me at first, you expect to see a skyscraper on that street. Where does the bus route begin ? It seems like it would be a residential route as opposed to what you would expect on Harrisburg or Navigation.

Old 01-09-2020, 08:28 AM

1,416 posts, read 4,440,324 times
Quote:
Yea being on McKinney threw me at first, you expect to see a skyscraper on that street. Where does the bus route begin ? It seems like it would be a residential route as opposed to what you would expect on Harrisburg or Navigation.
The best way to describe it is a collector street (and that might be what it is technically called). So there's a solid yellow stripe down the middle, yet only one lane in each direction (as contrasted with Leeland, which is two lanes in each direction).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston