Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2020, 07:52 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,525,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
I feel the opposite as you do, I live around a bunch of old angry white tRump cult members
Well that's you liberals are trying to start civil war. Conservatives will have to defend. And it's a good chance for them to make this area more conservative once they win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2020, 09:21 PM

71 posts, read 51,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detachable arm View Post
I think that was a pretty accurate statement about Montgomery county. I’d also put it at #1 for conservative- Woodlands, Conroe, to Kingwood and New Caney.

A swath of W. Houston (Memorial area) would be a close second but it’s going to be a wealthier class of people there and a different dynamic.

A small part of Pasadena near Seabrook is quite conservative, that still has a white knight/KKK element. Same for Santa Fe near Galveston, but that is a white ghetto.

Fulshear and Cypress also come to mind. Fulshear is borderline Texas country and Cypress esp Fairfield is the epitome of blandness.

Pearland, Friendswood and Clear Lake may have a few pockets but overall Pearland is way too diverse. Friendswood has always had a couple of solid blue areas. Same goes for Clear Lake, which has always had plenty of scientists, professors, Asians & young adults.

The Katy area is semi-conservative but still too diverse... and north of Katy / south of Cypress is a new ghetto.

I grew up near Alief but went to school in Sugar Land... It used to be moderately conservative. but the conservative whites there ran away and completely changed the place. From what I could tell the racists went to Conroe/Woodlands, the country folks went to Fulshear, corporate types to the Katy area, and the wealthier to Memorial. So now Sugar Land has a lot of 2nd & 3rd generation Asians that tipped the scales the other way.
What does “too diverse” mean?

Old 07-17-2020, 07:54 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,074,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Town View Post
Well that's you liberals are trying to start civil war. Conservatives will have to defend. And it's a good chance for them to make this area more conservative once they win.

This civil war talk is silly.

The idea of "conservative" has changed; societies are in flux. Nothing wrong with that.

Old 07-17-2020, 07:58 AM

5,614 posts, read 4,941,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KStoNYtoILtoTX View Post
I interpreted it to mean too diverse to be hard-core conservative politically.

Old 07-17-2020, 10:14 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdrawndagger View Post
Memorial is definitely more complex than than the traditional conservative suburb. I live in the vicinity and have a number of friends and co-workers who live in the Memorial/Villages area and I would describe the general political tendencies as fiscally conservative but moderate to liberal on social issues.
Yes I see lot of Cruz signs, but most parents from the school are very friendly and polite.

Old 07-17-2020, 10:25 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KStoNYtoILtoTX View Post
Katy has higher than average Indian, Asian population.

Old 07-17-2020, 12:03 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,291,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Town View Post
I'm glad I live in a fairly conservative area. But this fact doesn't help much if you are surrounded by a bunch of damn liberals in other areas...
We should trade,
to put it in few words .... it's more likely that I'll see my neighbor's teenager kids walking around barefooted than wearing shoes.

Old 07-17-2020, 04:11 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,074,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
We should trade,
to put it in few words .... it's more likely that I'll see my neighbor's teenager kids walking around barefooted than wearing shoes.
So long as they aren't getting injuries, is there something wrong about walking outside barefoot?

Old 07-17-2020, 05:28 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,454,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
The most conservative part of the Houston metro is going to be Montgomery County. Suburbs like Magnolia, The Woodlands, and New Caney are all super conservative. Cypress, Katy, and Pearland are more moderate than conservative.
I would say that the Lone Star College District (old North Harris-Montogomery) service area is a better rough outline of the conservative part of the metro. Cypress north of 529 to Kingwood-Huffman along FM 1960 is the Conservative Republican part of North Harris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtothemak View Post
Fulshear is pretty conservative and is even ranked one of the safest cities with an excellent police department that is very proactive and involved is a positive way with its residents. Just look up Fulshear police on social media.
Fulshear won't be conservative for long with the overflow from Cinco Ranch-area transplants in Cross Creek. They will easily outnumber the current population in the old town when the community is complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Not at all. Its the primary reason Fort Bend County is blue.
MO City is the "Atlanta black mecca" of Texas. I doubt that the majority are conservative Republicans considering the current party platform and Trump's personal history.

Old 07-17-2020, 05:30 PM

2,858 posts, read 2,172,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
We should trade,
Is that a poverty thing or a liberal thing? Not sure I noticed a pattern. Seems like a lot of folks walk around barefoot around the house in this weather in all zipcodes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston