Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2021, 03:40 PM
Status: "Worship the Earth, Worship Love, not Imaginary Gods" (set 22 days ago)

8,453 posts, read 5,596,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston-nomad View Post
I am not making this about politics. I am making a statement based on the data that shows that Republicans are far less likely than Democrats to get vaccinated. That's not ME being political. "You're making this about politics when it doesn't have to be." Unbelievable. No. Almost every Republican politician out there is making this about politics, when it doesn't have to be. Just. Stop.

I truly cannot believe that you people are going to turn this around and blame Black people. Is that such a knee jerk reaction that you just can't stop doing it? OMG. Stop.
I follow data. I’m not bothered by your gaslighting. Those are the two groups least likely to get vaccinated: white evangelicals and African Americans. One is overwhelmingly Republican. The other overwhelmingly Democratic.

I’m not singling out one group for this. It’s ridiculous to think it’s that simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2021, 03:58 PM

10,021 posts, read 6,713,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
I follow data. I’m not bothered by your gaslighting. Those are the two groups least likely to get vaccinated: white evangelicals and African Americans. One is overwhelmingly Republican. The other overwhelmingly Democratic.

I’m not singling out one group for this. It’s ridiculous to think it’s that simple.
Precisely why I don’t vote. It’s all propaganda

Old 08-05-2021, 04:17 PM

Anyway, here is the data.

Groups most hesitant towards Covid Vaccine. The source is the NIH which did surveys in the Southern US. Granted these numbers could be different in other regions.

People who distrust vaccines regardless of race: 62.50%
White Evangelical: 54.00%
African Americans regardless of religion: 50.00%
People making less than 25K per year: 30.86%
People with a High School degree but no college: 27.86%
Hispanics regardless of religion: 19.36%
White non-evangelical: 18.37%
People with a Four Year College Degree: 16.23%
Other Ethnic Groups (almost entirely Asians): 9.76%

https://ascpt.onlinelibrary.wiley.co...1111/cts.13077

Now if we look at Political Party and Religion, PPRI has data.

This is based on Vaccine acceptance as opposed to hesitancy so the numbers are the inverse of the above. The lower, the more hesitant.

Jewish: 85%
White Catholic: 79%
Hispanic Catholic: 78%
Religions other than Christianity or Judaism: 78%
Athiest/Agnostic/Irreligious: 78%
White Non-Evangelical Protestant: 75%
Black Non-Evangelic Protestant: 66%
Later Day Saints: 65%
White Evangelical Protestant: 55%
Hispanic Protestant: 54%

There was no measurement for Black or Hispanic Evangelical.

PPRI also did a study on race that was nationwide. The results are different in number but not scope. These numbers are also vaccine acceptors

Asian: 86%
White: 73%
Hispanic: 71%
Black: 63%

By political party:

Democrats: 86%
Republicans: 63%

https://www.prri.org/research/religi...d-vaccination/

Old 08-05-2021, 04:38 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,732,405 times
There are more ways to aggregate people in society than by ethnic or ideological categories. If you look at the statistics from a number of sources a couple of other things leap out. The first is that greatest proportion of people in any Demographic category to be unvaccinated are people who are uninsured. The second, is that another significant category of unvaccinated people is those people who make less than $25,000 a year. When we look at it from these categories, We see that poverty and the lack of a good social safety net are probably the greatest predictors determining whether someone is unvaccinated. In my view at least it is not just an ideological issue even though of course there are those crazy Trumpers out there who are weighing down parts of the country on their own. But that is a separate issue from why our society as a whole still remains behind on vaccinations. I am a very liberal Democrat but I think it’s hypocritical of mainstream Democrats to blame all of this on Trump world. It’s also a fact that we just have a very poor social safety net in our country. This kind of catastrophe well hopefully show us that to create meaningful change in this country we need to start by really and truly making healthcare a human right.

Old 08-05-2021, 04:58 PM

91 posts, read 76,991 times
Maybe the increase has to do with the number of illegals coming across the border and being shipped all over the USA. They aren't getting the jab at the border.

Old 08-05-2021, 05:04 PM

1,660 posts, read 1,252,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninbud View Post
Maybe the increase has to do with the number of illegals coming across the border and being shipped all over the USA. They aren't getting the jab at the border.
Possibly. Although funny that you didn’t hear very much about this last year when they were invading us, but you hear about it this year because next year is an election year.

However this would be almost a non-issue if you were vaccinated.

Old 08-05-2021, 05:08 PM

11,198 posts, read 7,253,117 times
Just roll with the changes. Jeez. We could have so much worse, like the Great Depression, Civil War, etc.

People are so weak and childish these days. The boogeyman spectre of COVID and emotional frenzy is worse than the disease itself.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 08-05-2021 at 05:16 PM..

Old 08-05-2021, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninbud View Post
Most are not shipped all over the country. Illegal immigrants congregate in specific larger cities and some smaller communities that require lots of unskilled labor. That hasn’t been where cases (per capita) are exploding. It’s in places where they don’t congregate like Mississippi, Louisiana and southern Missouri.

Old 08-05-2021, 05:37 PM

23,176 posts, read 12,299,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houston-nomad View Post
I am back to wearing a mask, even though I'm vaccinated. My kid's school experiences planned for this year are starting to get cancelled. Thanks a lot, GOP. All you had to do was encourage vaccination, but no. It's more important to get a good seat on the Trump Train.

Oh please. More things are getting canceled in the bluest most vaccinated states. Don't even act like if only more Texans were vaccinated your school plays wouldn't be getting canceled and life would all be normal. You think things are getting canceled and life is back to normal in NY?

Old 08-05-2021, 05:45 PM

10,021 posts, read 6,713,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Most are not shipped all over the country. Illegal immigrants congregate in specific larger cities and some smaller communities that require lots of unskilled labor. That hasn’t been where cases (per capita) are exploding. It’s in places where they don’t congregate like Mississippi, Louisiana and southern Missouri.
Illegal immigrants are found everywhere from the largest to the tiniest cities. The portions of the USA that they’re least in is the deep Midwest (excluding the Great Lakes region)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston