Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2021, 04:17 PM

2,556 posts, read 4,068,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
So I should listen to those that act in unhealthy ways who want to lecture me on my own health?

This is a virus....not a disease. BTW

Yeah...hard pass on that one. Many of these types also try to tell me that a man that wears a dress is a woman and the weather will be better if I do not drive a large SUV. LOL ...science!!!
Yup, you're obviously a lot smarter than all those crazy scientists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2021, 05:19 PM
Status: "Worship the Earth, Worship Love, not Imaginary Gods" (set 23 days ago)

8,461 posts, read 5,600,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
Yeah and it looks like some folks are starting to catch up to what many of us were saying a year ago, but it's too little too late. People were busy censoring scientists and doctors who were saying you can't stop a coronavirus, mass vaccinations will cause a variant to be created faster, PCR tests can't actually detect for covid-19 specifically or even distinguish from influenza, natural immunity is far better, etc.

Now it just doesn't matter. Major corporations are starting to force mandates, states/counties/cities are starting to implement vaccine passports (which many also said would never happen...ha!), and we are very close to going back into lockdowns. In fact I'm pretty sure we will be back in lockdowns come October but this time it'll be worse.

This is why things like metaverses are getting big (see what Facebook just announced, among several others) because we're going to be even more virtual moving forward. There is an apartment building in LA that's advertising a virtual lobby for its residents with people wearing VR headsets on the billboard. I've heard of similar things in NYC. Get ready for it and it's time for Houston to stock up a little now if you haven't already. If nothing else, food is cheaper now than it will be come winter.
Thats so much melodrama, I dont know where to begin...

Ill just leave it at this: there will be no more lockdowns. Why? Because frankly no one will obey them. Most states wont allow it.

Old 08-09-2021, 06:08 PM

15,617 posts, read 7,653,517 times
Quote:
So I should listen to those that act in unhealthy ways who want to lecture me on my own health?

Yeah...hard pass on that one. Many of these types also try to tell me that a man that wears a dress is a woman and the weather will be better if I do not drive a large SUV. LOL ...science!!!
Viral diseases are still...diseases

Just because someone has bad eating habits doesn't mean they don't know what they are talking about when it comes to science and medicine. You would probably think Vince Lombardi wasn't qualified to be an NFL coach because he wasn't big and strong. You would be wrong about that too.

Old 08-09-2021, 06:41 PM

1,660 posts, read 1,252,520 times
Quote:
The most compassionate thing one can do is to say I trust you and your judgement and want you to be free to make your own decisions.

Did all of those people die from Covid alone or did they have some other co-morbidity like diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity or immune system problems? Very few actually die from Covid alone, according to the CDCs own figures.

Covid has exposed one thing many do not want to face - the healthier you are...the better shape you will be in to fend off or fight a virus like this. Sure, you can wear a mask and get a shot, but if you continue to eat fast food, processed sugars and not exercise...you are still at risk.

I love how people that cram their faces with fast foods and could not run a quarter of a mile and are as wide as they are tall are telling ME what I need to do with my health. Yeah....I'll pass on that advice, thank you. LOL
Covid certainly exposed the whole “body positivity” movement as a total crock.

Old 08-09-2021, 07:01 PM

91 posts, read 77,049 times
Wait a second....all over the world ....people are talking about a certain person's 60th birthday bash....no masks...only for the elite...we can celebrate and gather and you can't

Typical, we don't have to follow the rules and laws we make while you do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Here we go with the race card
Who were the ones having big rallies saying that Covid was fake news = Republicans

Old 08-09-2021, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detachable arm View Post
Covid certainly exposed the whole “body positivity” movement as a total crock.
Thank you.

No one should be ridiculed for being obese, but to be perfectly frank the time to pretend that being obese is acceptable and good and there is no size limit to body positivity has passed. Encourage your friends to lose weight because body positivity should have limits.

Old 08-09-2021, 08:57 PM

4,753 posts, read 2,998,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Thats so much melodrama, I dont know where to begin...

Ill just leave it at this: there will be no more lockdowns. Why? Because frankly no one will obey them. Most states wont allow it.
Weren't you the one that said the airline industry would be back by this time and WFH wasn't going to stay? I don't know dude but you've been kinda wrong about a few things this pandemic going off your posts. This whole past year youve been quoting my post saying "x" wont happen yet it does happen. You say things like "you dont know where to begin" yet when I reapond to your posts with facts you run off (like in that one california thread). Just sit back and watch this time.

Oh and are you saying my last paragraph isnt true either. I dropped a gem for everyone at no cost. You should be taking it and running to make a few hundred thousand dollars off of a few hundred dollars in investment (think doge coin or shiba inu coin) but I digress... of course, do your own research.

Old 08-09-2021, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
Weren't you the one that said the airline industry would be back by this time and WFH wasn't going to stay? I don't know dude but you've been kinda wrong about a few things this pandemic going off your posts. This whole past year youve been quoting my post saying "x" wont happen yet it does happen. You say things like "you dont know where to begin" yet when I reapond to your posts with facts you run off (like in that one california thread). Just sit back and watch this time.

Oh and are you saying my last paragraph isnt true either. I dropped a gem for everyone at no cost. You should be taking it and running to make a few hundred thousand dollars off of a few hundred dollars in investment (think doge coin or shiba inu coin) but I digress... of course, do your own research.
I love it when people make things personal.

Provide specific examples where you said one thing I disagreed and you were correct and then we can look it them in context if you want. Ive never claimed to be 100% right with all my predictions ever. I typically just post data and let the numbers tell the story. I leave threads when there is no middle ground to be had with a poster and with you a lot of times there isnt. There was no middle ground in the California Exodus thread so I left. I posted data and no one wanted to believe it so it wasnt worth my time. You can take that as you proving me wrong, but in reality youre a total stranger who I will never know and whose opinion isnt relevant in my life. I expect you feel the same about me and everyone else and thats totally fine too. Its an understanding most people on here have. Were all strangers on a message board so if I am wrong about something or I get threats or called names, I dont lose sleep over it.

This pandemic is going on longer than I thought it would in the spring of 2020. That made me more optimistic at that time, but we know a lot more about it now than we did. Yeah, there wont be lockdowns because the flag waiving patriot crowd wouldnt begin to have it. While Im at odds with them most of the time, I would certainly agree this time around. As for the airline industry, no we dont have the numbers from 2019, but were still doing quite well considering:

https://www.tsa.gov/coronavirus/passenger-throughput

We are averaging roughly 2,000,000 passengers flying each day. Now, a lot of that is leisure travel which doesnt command the fare premiums that corporate travel does but corporate travel has gone from being down 75% to 55% since May. The number of people isnt decreasing, its holding firm. This is DESPITE the Delta variant running through.

https://www.airlines.org/dataset/imp...data-updates/#

Last edited by As Above So Below...; 08-09-2021 at 10:17 PM..

Old 08-09-2021, 10:05 PM

10,027 posts, read 6,718,197 times
The airline industry still has a lot of recovery to make as of July 2021 but the bottoming out is behind. When the worst is behind you, I see things positively.

The retail industry was hit much harder than the airline industry. Lucky for us, Academy Sports + Outdoors was one of the few retail companies that flourished during the pandemic.

Old 08-09-2021, 11:23 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,380,921 times
Quote:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hop...rus%3famp=true

Viruses can cause disease.

SARS-COV-2 is the virus that causes the respiratory disease Covid-19.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston