Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2022, 10:28 AM
Status: "Worship the Earth, Worship Love, not Imaginary Gods" (set 24 days ago)

8,462 posts, read 5,603,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
I also do not get the left's fascination with January 6th as a whole.

You dont get why people were outraged at an attack on democracy?

Old 03-21-2022, 10:28 AM

18,158 posts, read 25,383,642 times
Quote:
Laughable.
Jan 6th was not a terrorist attack.
9-11 was a terrorist attack.
You can laugh all you want
it doesn't change the facts

Old 03-21-2022, 11:04 AM

And here I thought Richard Reid was a terrorist but he didn’t kill anyone so I guess he wasn’t.

Old 03-21-2022, 02:17 PM

2,447 posts, read 2,550,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
The January 6 insurrection was an attack on Democracy. That is THE bedrock of our nation. Without it, we might as well be Russia or Saudi Arabia. They attacked the thing we hold most dear as a nation.
Depending on the angle how to look at it, it can be considered as protection of the democracy as well.

Looking at all this censorship, controlled media, brainwashing, cancel culture, etc I don't see any democracy in what we have in the US right now.

Old 03-21-2022, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Town View Post
Depending on the angle how to look at it, it can be considered as protection of the democracy as well.

Looking at all this censorship, controlled media, brainwashing, cancel culture, etc I don't see any democracy in what we have in the US right now.
Yes, I suppose if Donald Trump is your lord and savior and youre willing worship at the altar of his ego, you would see it that way. But it was objectively not that whatsoever. There is something ironic about a Trump loyalist complaining about brainwashing.

Yes, we have issues with some things within our democracy. But you still get to vote and it is still counted. Therefore we still have a democracy.

Old 03-21-2022, 02:24 PM

1,952 posts, read 837,112 times
We have a representative republic form of govt...not a democracy.

I don't worship any politician, sorry. Was also not a huge fan of Trump.

This is going to come as a shock to many but it IS possible to have center-right libertarian leanings and NOT worship at the font of Trump, Bush or Reagan.

Every time I mention Biden or leftist policies...it is always "but what about Trump...blah blah"

Sorry, tired of your tribal 2 party system.

Old 03-21-2022, 02:30 PM

Quote:
I don't worship any politician, sorry. Was also not a huge fan of Trump.
Never said you were or you did. I was addressing Ghost Town.

Old 03-21-2022, 02:32 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,264,593 times
Quote:
There is not an angle on earth where what happened on Jan 6 was "protection of the democracy". Using violence to prevent the legitimate counting of votes is not democracy.

There are legitimate recourses if you disagree. They were used. Every single one of them was rejected.

Because YOU disagree, because YOU think there was fraud, doesn't mean there was. When over sixty legal attempts to prove fraud have been thrown out... maybe it wasn't fraud.

Prove me wrong!

Old 03-21-2022, 02:38 PM

2,556 posts, read 4,068,602 times
Quote:

Powerful words! And all empty.

There's no real censorship here, unless you count books banned by right-wingers.

"Controlled media?" Controlled by whom, exactly? The wealthy. Sure. But there are thousands of media outlets out there. Take your pick. There's no need to feel controlled! Change the channel.

"Brainwashing?" Just a big question mark there. I'm not sure that exists, outside of a Marvel movie.

"Cancel culture?" Cancelling is just another word for "I was so offensive that people don't want me around anymore." Which I'm pretty sure is a great example of freedom and democracy. Someone gropes a bunch of women? We choose not to pay attention to that odious person anymore. Or kick them out of office, because we don't want a pig representing us (looking at you, Cuomo). Someone uses social media to incite violence? That social media company is free to ban the person. Free market. Private ownership of companies. Don't like it? Find another outlet. So all the whine whine whine about cancelling is really just whining about losing popularity because you're so offensive.

Old 03-21-2022, 03:13 PM

2,447 posts, read 2,550,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Yes, I suppose if Donald Trump is your lord and savior and youre willing worship at the altar of his ego, you would see it that way. But it was objectively not that whatsoever. There is something ironic about a Trump loyalist complaining about brainwashing.

Yes, we have issues with some things within our democracy. But you still get to vote and it is still counted. Therefore we still have a democracy.
I have never been to Trump rally whatsoever.
Don't have red cap either. I don't even watch TV or follow specific channels.
But you keep telling the same mantra that you learned from your brainwashed media.

The democracy that you are defending is controlled media, extreme censorship, oppression, corruption. Good for you that you got what you wanted
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: