Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2022, 09:05 PM

403 posts, read 464,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
They absolutely were trying to overturn law enforcement and local government and the rule of law and American society. No, being critical of a phrase is not racism but I wasn't being critical of a phrase, I was being critical of their actions.
Ok, but if I’m talking about one terrorist attack, there is no reason to bring up another one. Neither one is ok and nobody ever said the Black Lives Matter riots were ok, so why start talking about them?

Old 03-22-2022, 09:06 PM

403 posts, read 464,208 times
I have a question here, who in this thread said that the Black Lives Matter riots were ok?

Old 03-22-2022, 10:11 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,056,890 times
Yes, Hidalgo is in hot water. It’s a shame that politicians are so corrupt.

Old 03-23-2022, 07:45 AM

1,952 posts, read 837,112 times
Quote:
Ah, the race card already! Thanks for admitting you have lost the argument.

When they call you a racist...you know they are losing the argument. LOL

Old 03-23-2022, 08:24 AM
Status: "Worship the Earth, Worship Love, not Imaginary Gods" (set 24 days ago)

8,462 posts, read 5,603,413 times
Quote:
No, the person filmed urging people to go into the Capitol remains protected by the FBI, probably because it was an FBI operative. If the protesters had all these weapons, why weren't any used? Get off your CNN lies and propaganda.
Alex Jones, is that you?

It’s comical to see a poster try to convince other people that everything on video didn’t actually happen.

Old 03-23-2022, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
When they call you a racist...you know they are losing the argument. LOL
Except of course when race is at play.

I’ve been critical of the BLM protests too but one of the only thing that would make the January 6 attack seem harmless but BLM protests seem terrorist is race. If the shoe fits, you have to wear it.

Old 03-23-2022, 08:28 AM

23,176 posts, read 12,305,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double L View Post
I have a question here, who in this thread said that the Black Lives Matter riots were ok?

They implicitly say it with their deep desire and efforts to squelch any conversation about BLM while making out a comparatively brief and mild incident to be an existential crisis to humanity.

Let me ask a question, what do EITHER have to do with the subject of the thread? The BLM insurrections were only mentioned IN RESPONSE to propaganda about Jan 6.

Old 03-23-2022, 08:43 AM

1,952 posts, read 837,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Except of course when race is at play.

I’ve been critical of the BLM protests too but one of the only thing that would make the January 6 attack seem harmless but BLM protests seem terrorist is race. If the shoe fits, you have to wear it.

No, race is used as a weapon. To guilt people into feeling sorry for those that cannot perform or for awful things that happened years ago, that we had no control over.

It is used as an excuse when you happen to disagree with someone that does not look like you.

Sorry...that game has run its course with me and I will not harbor any white guilt or give special treatment to those that do not look like me. This also does NOT mean I hate anyone or wish them ill will.

Old 03-23-2022, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
No, race is used as a weapon. To guilt people into feeling sorry for those that cannot perform or for awful things that happened years ago, that we had no control over.

It is used as an excuse when you happen to disagree with someone that does not look like you.

Sorry...that game has run its course with me and I will not harbor any white guilt or give special treatment to those that do not look like me. This also does NOT mean I hate anyone or wish them ill will.
You seem to believe we live in a post-racial society. We dont. We never will. The best we can do is at least acknowledge that.

Race CAN be used as a cheap shot to try and score quick points in an argument. It is ALSO still a valid argument in many cases. It depends.

If you see the events of January 6 as harmless and BLM as terrorist, race is at play. The same is true in reverse.
If one cannot acknowledge the issues that arose from some of the BLM protests, race is at play. Period.

Old 03-23-2022, 08:54 AM

23,176 posts, read 12,305,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
If you see the events of January 6 as harmless and BLM as terrorist, race is at play. Period.

And if you try to twist words and misrepresent what someone said, you're dishonest. Nobody said BLM was anything, much less terrorist. Comprison were made to certain BLM *activities*.

If you see the CHOP occupation as being on the same scale as Jan 6th, you're intentionally blind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: