Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 07:37 AM

1,326 posts, read 3,452,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Float View Post
Any new opinions on the basic cable package, internet speed or alarm systems included in the HOA dues? Going to rent in WLN and need to get things set up.

Thanks
I am having service set up today, so I'll see how things go.
Just be forewarned that you have to pay an installation fee and there is also a fee to upgrade services.
I also did not know that I had to have landline phone service (which costs extra and is not included in the HOA fees) in order for the alarm system to function.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:16 AM

354 posts, read 2,430,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Float View Post
Any new opinions on the basic cable package, internet speed or alarm systems included in the HOA dues? Going to rent in WLN and need to get things set up.

Thanks
I closed last Wednesday and had my services installed on Thursday. I actually think the services are ok. We haven't had any issues with the cable, phone or internet....the internet is actually pretty fast. I upgraded the basic cable package to the classic package to get more channels. The alarm system is very high tech however what they don't tell you is that you have to apply for an alarm permit with the county before they will monitor the alarm.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:24 AM

125 posts, read 615,094 times
If you guys need a copy of the Alarm Permit I will email it to you. It is true you do need an alarm permit in order for the Police to respond to your home. If you don't have a Permit then the Police can charge you every time they respond.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:52 AM

15 posts, read 43,343 times
Well I have been here a little over a month the cable has gone out once for a couple of hours and the internet can be slow at times but so far it is so much better than comcast for me anyways.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:30 AM

1,326 posts, read 3,452,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD26 View Post
I am having service set up today, so I'll see how things go.
Just be forewarned that you have to pay an installation fee and there is also a fee to upgrade services.
I also did not know that I had to have landline phone service (which costs extra and is not included in the HOA fees) in order for the alarm system to function.
Just thought I would update this thread with my experience so far with Entouch.
I have actually been pleasantly surprised with their service.
The installer wasn't the most knowledgeable guy around, but eventually I helped him get things up and running.
Internet speed is about what they advertise, which could not be said when I had ATT DSL.
We had an outage last week, but it actually wasn't their fault (it was Centerpoint's fault from digging around in the backyard) and they were quick to come out and fix it.
I haven't had to use their cable TV service b/c I have DirecTV already.
From what I have seen, I don't plan on signing up for it anytime soon.
I am considering signing up for landline phone service so I can also get the home alarm service.
Overall, I have been very pleased with Entouch and their service.

Old 12-03-2009, 06:47 PM

32 posts, read 82,055 times
I am supposed to close tomorrow Friday DEC-04-2009 and it just showed up on Hud preview 888 bundle and we start asking about it and we found same thing saying its mandatory. NOW its ILLEGAL 100% to such monopoloy. I called COMCAST and and spoke with service rep and he confirmed customers are switching to comcast. The seller did not disclose the information to me, but if they insist on that i will cancel the deal and i am going to court. when they see someone going to court they will back up because its a lost battle for them. I was so pissed to hear this simply i do not watch cable and i do not need security ? they have no right to force it on us. but i will keep you posted tomorrow how the battle will go.....

Old 12-03-2009, 07:07 PM

32 posts, read 82,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubynicholson77056 View Post
What exactly is wrong with the cable service other than cost. The cost looks pretty darn good to me considering what I'm paying for comcast.
is it still mandatory ? i was going to cose tomorrow and now i am serious about canceling the deal

Old 12-03-2009, 08:46 PM

454 posts, read 1,586,326 times
We just received our bill for Entouch and for what I assume is the HOA...total of $1600 or something. I am with you, I cannot stand that Entouch is a mandatory fee but we were made aware of this before we ever signed. It was truly one of tough decisions about deciding to move into this community, but when we asked about the mandatory part, we were informed that there was no choice but to pay that bill, it is just like the HOA where everyone must pay their share, or Entouch cannot offer their prices to everyone. If you get out of having to pay it, please share your experience, because I am all for not paying for this crap. I would rather have Comcast for internet and Satellite for TV. Right now I am paying for both Dish Network and for Entouch.

Old 12-03-2009, 09:21 PM

354 posts, read 2,430,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lane_change View Post
We just received our bill for Entouch and for what I assume is the HOA...total of $1600 or something. I am with you, I cannot stand that Entouch is a mandatory fee but we were made aware of this before we ever signed. It was truly one of tough decisions about deciding to move into this community, but when we asked about the mandatory part, we were informed that there was no choice but to pay that bill, it is just like the HOA where everyone must pay their share, or Entouch cannot offer their prices to everyone. If you get out of having to pay it, please share your experience, because I am all for not paying for this crap. I would rather have Comcast for internet and Satellite for TV. Right now I am paying for both Dish Network and for Entouch.
Maybe it's something we as residents can petition against. I too just received my bill...it's $1200 because of a credit we received for paying for the entire year when we closed. I think the amounts have gone up since then...HOA and Entouch bulk services. I could have sworn HOA fees were $650 last year...IDK...but when you factor in the $888 we pay upfront for Entouch and the additional $150 we pay a month for other services, we're paying $224 a month for phone, internet, alarm and cable (and that's not with every premium channel, just HBO). It's ridiculous!

Old 12-04-2009, 02:32 AM

15 posts, read 43,343 times
I just got mine I don't understand if there is more people moving in paying for the manditory services why did it go up. We should overthrow this monoply give people a chance to choose there own providers. Isn't this America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston