Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 07:20 PM

129 posts, read 460,896 times

Advertisements

Was it just us, or did anyone else in WLN with Entouch experience the Rose Bowl this evening on the HD Channel dubbed in Spanish?

Old 01-03-2010, 09:13 PM

108 posts, read 231,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lane_change View Post
I spend almost $200/mo now for Entouch and Dish Network, when I would be happy to spend my $80 for Dish Network and $50 for Comcast internet since I don't care for the alarm or phone service. Save almost $70/mo by ditching Entouch. I simply can't stand their system for internet or cable. The "wireless" router we have struggles in certain areas of the house and the cable system (basic) that we have is terrible...maybe their digital boxes with HD and DVR are better, but I really enjoy the HD DVR's from Dish Network with dual tuners, so Entouch is simply a waste of money for me. I know my friend who just moved in would also love to not have to pay for the Entouch services....so it just depends on how many people would need to sign a petition and how we would all go about dumping this Canyon Gate garbage.
As a fellow WLN resident, I think it would be interesting if someone presented this petition at the next HOA meeting.

As for the crappy wireless, that's because they use crappy D-Link routers. In that specific instance, it's a hardware issue, not a service issue. If you know how to set up a Wi-Fi router and lock it down so others can't steal your wi-fi, go to Goodwill's Computerworks (Westheimer Road near Dairy Ashford) and get yourself a good used router (Buffalo is best, but Linksys will do). If they have any in stock, get a wi-fi antenna as well, preferably one with a magnetic base (your wiring closet has metal which is magnetic).

The thing that annoys me with EnTouch is their crappy phone service. "All circuits are busy" for incoming calls and busy signals for outgoing calls are common, especially on holidays. What happens if someone has a medical issue and dials 911, and Entouch gives them a busy signal!

As a geek, I feel I can authoritatively say their DNS servers are insufficient. I've programmed my router to use OpenDNS instead since Entouch's servers (or whatever servers they outsource to) to get around EnTouch's network outages (which are actually DNS outages). I feel sorry for the non-technical folks that don't have the offhand knowledge to route around such deficiencies in Entouch's network infrastructure.

Last edited by CoderGeek; 01-03-2010 at 09:14 PM.. Reason: Added recommendations for routers.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:12 PM

12 posts, read 41,670 times
I would love to sign a petition to get read of En-Touch! I recently tried to opt out and was denied due to not calling or writing En-Touch with my issues. I just wrote them and will write them everyday with and little issue I have to have a future record.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:54 PM

13 posts, read 50,385 times
teambk09--
We moved to WLS a little over a year ago, and were told the same thing from castlerock that we could get out of entouch after a year. Well...we sent our letter to the HOA with the $50 check for the association to "review our case", blah. Entouch guys came by today to see what the problem was. I couldn't believe they sent them out. It's not like the letter was about technical issues we were having today. It was mostly, but not all, about billing, customer service, and expensive services. I just don't get it. This is ridiculous and something is NOT right about it all. We just want out! I plan on going by to see Becky when she's back at work. I'm hoping she can help. If anything, I'll keep pestering with letters.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:12 AM

108 posts, read 231,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLSouth View Post
I would love to sign a petition to get read of En-Touch! I recently tried to opt out and was denied due to not calling or writing En-Touch with my issues. I just wrote them and will write them everyday with and little issue I have to have a future record.
Please post the address we should be sending our issues to in writing, if anything, we can "waste" their time fixing these issues.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:27 AM

I too was told that by Becky. I have all of this in writing.. May be I can sue CastleRock or BECKY to get them to pay this since this is clearly LIES to get you to buy here!!! I am writing another letter today to the P.O.A. stating I contacted a Lawyer and was told to start a court action stating the fees were to expensive and unfair for the services we are receiving and to ask the judge for a ruling to get an opt out. Here is the address to send letters to:Westheimer Lakes P.O.A.P.O. Box 219223Houston, TX 77218

Old 01-08-2010, 01:29 AM

Let me know what time you plan on going by there and maybe we can tag team her with the issues and lies!! Would love to see what or how she would get out of that!

Old 01-08-2010, 12:50 PM

6 posts, read 27,965 times
100% true! This is a rip off plane and simple! Entouch SUCKS, the phone, internet, cable are all poor services and when you figure out what you pay annually (monthly plus bulk rate) you pay more and get less. I had problems daily with Entouch and I could not figure out why the cable never worked (at best 20% of the time), well we had to excavate the ground to lay a porch and guess what we found. Our cable line, it was two pieces tapped together and the tape had come off (the cable box is in out backyard like 20 feet away) and they tapped two wires together to make it work, when my husband picked it up off the ground it just fell apart. (by the way we were not credited on our bill the 4 days it tokk them to fix it) Then when the Entouch guy came out to fix it he showed my husband where 4 of us were on the same switch (basically, I do not know the technical tems). But even the repair man was shocked that it was set up that way and told my husband that our neighbors were probably getting crappy cable service too considering the most you should have in 2 houses on a switch. That was six months ago and two DVR boxes, we have had 4 in two and a half years. Oh and they still have not come back to bury the cable it is just laid on top of my backyard.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD26 View Post
We just went under contract on a home at Westheimer Lakes North over the weekend.
However, I was almost horrified to hear that some company called Entouch was the only cable and internet provider in the area and that I had to pay for it b/c the homes are already pre-wired for it.
A quick search on here has turned up not so good things about them, but the posts are a little dated.
Their website does not look very promising as well.
I will still use DirecTV for my TV service on the main TVs in the living room and bedroom.
I will probably use Entouch for the TVs in the other rooms, though.
Can anyone tell me what kind of service I can expect from Entouch at WLN?
What speed internet are people automatically signed up for?
I currently use AT&T DSL and am happy for the most part.
What about their cable service?
Are there any other alternatives at WLN?
Anyone know if FIOS or U-verse is on its way anytime soon?
Entouch is not a good service provider. If I would have been prewarned about this I would have never moved into this community. I am now trying to opt-out of this service and have basically been told by the community management company I can NOT. Even if I use other providers I still have to pay 888. dollars for the bulk services in the neighborhood. This is a total rip off. If Entouch provided there services free of charge I would rather go with out.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:16 PM

Default Entouch SUCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD26 View Post
We just went under contract on a home at Westheimer Lakes North over the weekend.
However, I was almost horrified to hear that some company called Entouch was the only cable and internet provider in the area and that I had to pay for it b/c the homes are already pre-wired for it.
A quick search on here has turned up not so good things about them, but the posts are a little dated.
Their website does not look very promising as well.
I will still use DirecTV for my TV service on the main TVs in the living room and bedroom.
I will probably use Entouch for the TVs in the other rooms, though.
Can anyone tell me what kind of service I can expect from Entouch at WLN?
What speed internet are people automatically signed up for?
I currently use AT&T DSL and am happy for the most part.
What about their cable service?
Are there any other alternatives at WLN?
Anyone know if FIOS or U-verse is on its way anytime soon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoderGeek View Post
As a fellow WLN resident, I think it would be interesting if someone presented this petition at the next HOA meeting.

As for the crappy wireless, that's because they use crappy D-Link routers. In that specific instance, it's a hardware issue, not a service issue. If you know how to set up a Wi-Fi router and lock it down so others can't steal your wi-fi, go to Goodwill's Computerworks (Westheimer Road near Dairy Ashford) and get yourself a good used router (Buffalo is best, but Linksys will do). If they have any in stock, get a wi-fi antenna as well, preferably one with a magnetic base (your wiring closet has metal which is magnetic).

The thing that annoys me with EnTouch is their crappy phone service. "All circuits are busy" for incoming calls and busy signals for outgoing calls are common, especially on holidays. What happens if someone has a medical issue and dials 911, and Entouch gives them a busy signal!

As a geek, I feel I can authoritatively say their DNS servers are insufficient. I've programmed my router to use OpenDNS instead since Entouch's servers (or whatever servers they outsource to) to get around EnTouch's network outages (which are actually DNS outages). I feel sorry for the non-technical folks that don't have the offhand knowledge to route around such deficiencies in Entouch's network infrastructure.
I would love to get a petition going to dump Entouch, there phone, cable, internet all go out way to often. And forget trying to get them to your house when it is convienient for you. They make you wait 4 hours to arrive and if you are not there they charge you 30 dollars. The deal they struck with land tejas benefits them and the developer not the coimmunities. (add your monthly service plus bulk rate - your paying more than any other provider and getting less) I have tried to opt-out twice the first time I never heard back from the community management company the second time I was denied because Entouch had in the community managements opinions fixed my problem. My service worked one day a month (honestly) for two years, I called both the community management place and Entouch and complained. When I put a porch onto my house I found out why my service never worked. They put a spliced line in my yard that came apart, then when the Entouch repair guy came to fix it he told my husband that not only were we getting crappy service but our neighbors as well because there were 4 houses to a switch and there should only be two. I have the cable box in my back yard, 20 feet from my house and they could not run one non damaged line, that says alot for the company. They could not spend a few cents to ensure my cable line would work but they want me to pay 888 dollars a year and 70 dollars a month for basic services. They are a rip off flat out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston