Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 10:00 AM

454 posts, read 1,586,212 times

Advertisements

I spend almost $200/mo now for Entouch and Dish Network, when I would be happy to spend my $80 for Dish Network and $50 for Comcast internet since I don't care for the alarm or phone service. Save almost $70/mo by ditching Entouch. I simply can't stand their system for internet or cable. The "wireless" router we have struggles in certain areas of the house and the cable system (basic) that we have is terrible...maybe their digital boxes with HD and DVR are better, but I really enjoy the HD DVR's from Dish Network with dual tuners, so Entouch is simply a waste of money for me. I know my friend who just moved in would also love to not have to pay for the Entouch services....so it just depends on how many people would need to sign a petition and how we would all go about dumping this Canyon Gate garbage.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:05 AM

22 posts, read 66,290 times
I have come to the conclusion that all cable/media/phone companies are evil.

With that in mind, we actually tried to switch from Entouch to Comcast (we live in Sienna Plantation where that is now an option). Bad idea. See the dialog below. We've actually found that the local Entouch office which is now in Sienna is very nice because you can get actually talk to a person. They've worked with us on several issues when we had to move out for a short period of time, and whenever we call for service, they are out in a day (not weeks, as with Comcast).

The Comcast saga...
Day 1 - Comcast guy came in a ran a wire to the local tap in our back yard, disconnected Entouch cable, then told us that the local tap is bad and that someone would be out the next day to fix it. We're now without phone.
Day 2 - Wire still sitting in back yard, no one came. Called customer service, they promised someone would be out on the following Monday (Labor day, I doubt the person at the call center was in the US).
Day 5 - No one came, called them and they apparently rescheduled for 2 weeks later (!!). Keep in mind that we're still without phone. I yelled at them, ripped out their cable, hooked Entouch back up myself, and threw the modem on the front porch. Called them back to tell them to pick it up and give my deposit back.
Day 125+ - Modem still sitting on front porch, have contacted them 5 times to give my deposit back. It's now a running joke in our house.

Maybe I overreacted, but I just can't stand companies that have no emphasis on customer service.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:13 AM

454 posts, read 1,586,212 times
To whom it may concern,

I am resident in your Westheimer Lakes North community and myself and many others in my community are simply unsatisfied with the Entouch services that we are required to pay for as part of your community. We are trying to see what the appropriate steps are in order to simply cancel our agreement with Entouch that requires a yearly payment of $888 as well as our additional monthly payments for your services. Many of us simply don't care for the service or the lack of options that these communities provide. With the recent 16% increase in annual fees, it is simply not worth paying for this service considering that many of us don't even want this service. Watching a 16% increase in rates on an annual basis, if this trend was to continue, we would be looking at spending $1012 in annual dues for 2011 and possibly $1195 for 2012. To think that your company is attempting to raise rates 16% when there should be some form of cap between 2-5% per year is astronomical. I would like to know what options are avaiable to the members of this community to simply terminate our contract with Canyon Gate and Entouch services? Or if you could please direct me to the appropriate division to file our complaint with Entouch and Canyon Gate.

Thank you,
Scott Allen

Old 12-10-2009, 10:33 AM

1,326 posts, read 3,452,172 times
Looks good, lane_change.
I'm all aboard to sign the petition.
We probably need to include residents at Westheimer Lakes South as well.
I would also mention that some people have crossed Westheimer Lakes off their list of potential places to move to because of the mandatory Entouch service required.
We gotta try and hit 'em where it really hurts (their wallets).

Old 12-10-2009, 10:52 PM

58 posts, read 186,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD26 View Post
That would seem like a logical choice.
I just wonder if there would be enough interest in the neighborhood to make it happen.
I sure hope so.

We have been in our home one year next week. I can say emphatically,
YES there would be enough interest! I have not talked to one homeowner
who likes Entouch. And their prices keep going up every year! I think
someone needs to talk to a lawyer and see what our options are? Any
lawyers care to weigh in on the matter? It might be something that
could be brought up in the annual meetings the HOA holds. They are
open to homeowners here.

Old 12-11-2009, 01:57 AM

15 posts, read 43,338 times
I guess i can say im some what of a minority here i have had comcast and entouch to me is better what I don't like is the 16% increase that is ridiculous.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:16 AM

53 posts, read 138,941 times
We have been looking at houses in the area & WLN seemed very attractive considering the value for your $, however some friends who live in the neighboring parts of Cinco Ranch & Seven meadows are discouraging us from buying there. Another thing I have noticed is a lot of new listings seem to be popping up for house resales! Could this bundled service have anything to do with the people moving out or is the development not as attractive as it seems from afar. Thanks for any insights. I have gone through all the earlier posts on the development here but wanted to know if there have been many changes since then...

Old 12-11-2009, 10:56 AM

1,326 posts, read 3,452,172 times
I've seen a few resale signs up lately, but I don't think its any more than usual in a neighborhood.
Its very peaceful here and the neighbors are great.
Its annoying...yes, but I doubt people are actually selling their homes b/c of the mandatory Entouch service required.
It could be a small factor in their decision to move, who knows.
Hey, people move all the time b/c of jobs, family, etc.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:23 AM

32 posts, read 82,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by descovy View Post
Wow! You are just finding out about this now? Did you have a Realtor? Did you do any research on your own about this community?

All Land Tejas Communities (Westheimer Lakes, Canyon Gate, etc...) advertise the "bundled services" in their communities. They bundle the services and include them in your fees. You agree to it when you move in, just like you agree to your HOA dues and restrictions. When we were house hunting we checked out Westheimer Lakes, and found out about "bundling" *day one* in the glossy sales brochures. When we asked questions, the new home sales counselor was forthcoming. Heck, in the Sunday "Hot on Homes" episodes, they used to happily "advertise" that your services were bundled with Entouch for "one low fee."

Some people don't mind... some people like the convienence... Some people crunch numbers and decide that a house in WLN is right for them and the cost of adding Direct TV is a small price to pay. Did you look at Cinco Ranch? No mandatory Entouch in Cinco, but I bet you liked the house prices better in WLN. It's all about doing your research and making the best choice for your family. I wouldn't like paying the bundled Entouch services either, because they don't fit my family's needs, but if I lived there I would deal with it.

Do you choose not to pay the HOA fees just because you don't like to swim at the pool?

Good luck in either case. I know if I were the seller, I would be pretty ticked if we made all the way up to the date of closing, and you wanted to back out of the *contract* because you just now realized you have a bundled cable provider.
Well it’s still a Monopoly , these are subscription fees, the Monopoly laws have changed in Last year, So let say you have to pay for FORD if you live in this community , you have a choice to buy a BMW but you still have to pay FORD. This was a leak in Monopoly laws, which have changed. Regardless thank God I did not buy and we cancelled the whole deal. But I sent Email to HAR.COM and Houston Association that the sellers listing their properties at Westheimer Lakes did not list the mandatory fees on the website as a Bundle Fee in the HOA bucket when publishing their homes in the market.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:27 AM

32 posts, read 82,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eranical View Post
We have been looking at houses in the area & WLN seemed very attractive considering the value for your $, however some friends who live in the neighboring parts of Cinco Ranch & Seven meadows are discouraging us from buying there. Another thing I have noticed is a lot of new listings seem to be popping up for house resales! Could this bundled service have anything to do with the people moving out or is the development not as attractive as it seems from afar. Thanks for any insights. I have gone through all the earlier posts on the development here but wanted to know if there have been many changes since then...
Yes , i just cacnelled the deal, the sellers knows the bundle fees for entouch is a show stopper for many and makes it worse, the sellers do not mentioned the total HOA fees on the HAR.COM website, some do but not all of them. this years its 888 and next year it will be 1032. So if you live in your home and you are not going anywhere or travelling why to monitor your house ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston