Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2015, 01:40 PM

941 posts, read 1,356,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
I noticed this morning that the three buildings on the end of 3rd Ave near 8th street have had the old signs removed and paper is now in the windows. I had heard a few weeks back that someone had purchased those three buildings and was developing them together. It'll be interesting to see what goes in there. I could see a brew pub going in but could also see that being a good place for the Children's Museum Dr Oliashirazi wanted to open. With Backyard and Peddler coming to that block too, that'll likeky be a busy section.
Just for clarification, are The Peddler and Backyard Pizza going in the two buildings directly adjacent the MU Cafe? If so, then does that mean that the three buildings that you are talking about start from the corner of 3rd and 8th and go down 3rd?

ALSO, any news on the MU Cafe renovation? Does anyone know what they are planning to do with it? I always thought that it would be awesome to have a two story restaurant with an opening in the middle so you can see below. That place can be difficult to find a good seat in, so some more floor space would do it some good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2015, 06:43 PM

1,642 posts, read 2,422,137 times
Don't know about the MU Cafe, but the Hetzers' restaurant will only occupy the first floor space (which is ample) between the MU Cafe and Taste of Asia. The other three buildings on the other side of Taste of Asia are presumably now owned and soon-to-be renovated by the same developer.

Old 02-11-2015, 05:26 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,151,624 times
Where at on the Merritts Creek Connector?

Old 02-11-2015, 10:52 AM

2 posts, read 1,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeros71 View Post
Where at on the Merritts Creek Connector?

If you are coming from Bville towards Rt. 2 and you go up that first hill its a spot on the left side.

Old 02-12-2015, 03:47 PM

4,959 posts, read 8,955,150 times
I've seen the cleared off land but I haven't heard about what might be going there. Right now, it appears to be fairly small and would likely be something like a strip mall.

Old 02-12-2015, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PynballWyzyrd View Post
Just for clarification, are The Peddler and Backyard Pizza going in the two buildings directly adjacent the MU Cafe? If so, then does that mean that the three buildings that you are talking about start from the corner of 3rd and 8th and go down 3rd?

ALSO, any news on the MU Cafe renovation? Does anyone know what they are planning to do with it? I always thought that it would be awesome to have a two story restaurant with an opening in the middle so you can see below. That place can be difficult to find a good seat in, so some more floor space would do it some good.
Like elewis said, the buildings on 3rd Ave near are street are the ones being talked about. The buildings that formerly hosted Rum Runners, Whiskey Rocks and the Fun Factory. I avent heard what might be going in there yet.

For the MU Cafe, I've heard that they are moving the trophies etc from the middle of the store to open things up. One version said they were moving them to the far side of the store, one version seemed to indicate that they were sending all of that stuff to the Hall of Fame connected to the IPF. Not sure which one is true yet.

Old 02-14-2015, 11:06 AM

Went into The Bodega for lunch today with my wife and we were both very impressed. Both of the sandwiches were very good and they were pretty busy too.

I noticed while out today that Mary Moffet Jones Interior Design is moving to 9th St in the old Willi Kaye location. The other space for rent in the old Huntington Bank building had the for rent sign down and it appeared that work was being done in there too. Also noted that the space for rent sign was down in the retail spot in the Marshall Visual Arts Center and they had some plastic wrap looking stuff in the windows to block the view. Hopefully that means something good is coming there soon.

In the State Journal today, there was also an article about Barnyard BBQ opening a new location in the former Schooner's in Guyandotte. Sounds like they have big plans for that location and I look forward to trying it.

Barnyard BBQ ready to add new location - Business, Government Legal News from throughout WV

Welcome to Barnyard BBQ!

Old 02-14-2015, 04:13 PM

941 posts, read 1,356,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post

In the State Journal today, there was also an article about Barnyard BBQ opening a new location in the former Schooner's in Guyandotte. Sounds like they have big plans for that location and I look forward to trying it.

Barnyard BBQ ready to add new location - Business, Government Legal News from throughout WV

Welcome to Barnyard BBQ!
Wow barnyard seems like it will be cool! I hope that they put proper signage up to direct people to the river. Schooner's didn't have that and I feel like it might have hurt their business.

They also said they plan to have a marina. I assume that it will be small, but that along with the restaurant may be enough to encourage some public and more private investment in the area (the riverfront there and the main road in Guyandotte

Old 02-14-2015, 06:57 PM

Schooner's had a marina too so I think that they were just continuing that. Remember, that used to be the old Adam's Landing that was there forever. When that sank several years ago, the owners of Schooner's brought the new barge in and put new docks in as well. Schooner's also used to have a lot of live music so hopefully Barnyard will continue that.

Old 02-20-2015, 10:25 AM

3 posts, read 3,253 times
Pretty cool news on a potential riverfront district from Mayor Williams speech the other day.

Any updated news on a possible brewery district/huntington brewery?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington