Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2013, 02:38 PM

339 posts, read 629,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
We went to one of the established pizza places three nights ago. I walked-up to the counter and waited five minutes while the person took an order over the phone. There were other employees doing nothing just behind this person.

The person asks me what I'd like and I begin my order... the phone rings. The person picks up the phone and proceeds to take the phone-in order, leaving me hanging.

We just left. None of the employees seemed to care and the person on the phone just watched as we walked out the door. I put that one on my list of restaurants that will never get my business.

It seems customer service doesn't matter much these days - I guess they're rolling in so much money they can afford to alienate customers.
Contact the GM or DM about it. If the company cares, you'll hear back from them and possibly be comped in some way. If they don't contact you back or you get the feeling that your complaint is a hassle to them you know that the attitude comes from the top.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2013, 02:51 PM

1,645 posts, read 3,097,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
We went to one of the established pizza places three nights ago. I walked-up to the counter and waited five minutes while the person took an order over the phone. There were other employees doing nothing just behind this person.

The person asks me what I'd like and I begin my order... the phone rings. The person picks up the phone and proceeds to take the phone-in order, leaving me hanging.

We just left. None of the employees seemed to care and the person on the phone just watched as we walked out the door. I put that one on my list of restaurants that will never get my business.

It seems customer service doesn't matter much these days - I guess they're rolling in so much money they can afford to alienate customers.
That's rough. I've been to a few places where it happens, usually with new staff or untrained staff that haven't learned the systems.

I don't mind waiting when someone is being trained, but at least acknowledge my presence and small talk with me till the other person can take my order.

Old 12-12-2013, 05:50 PM

Went to Stevi B's (thanks for free buffets facebook).

1) Place was packed!
2) salad - I got a salad as I'm trying to cut back a few lbs. Fresh as expected, good stuff.
3) Pizzas

crust - typical crust for the conveyor belt ovens. Not great, better than some, worse than others.

sauce - adequate. Most of these places are light on the garlic, and they don't use San Marzano tomatoes. So you can only expect so much.

Cheese - see above- garlic comments.

Toppings: Well that Loaded baked potato was pretty darn good. Pepperoni was solid. Cheese was dull. Sausage/Pepp pretty good.

Mouth feel: Scale of 1-10 - 6.5 for Loaded baked potato. Pepp/Sausage/Pepp - 5.5 - Cheese 4.

Dessert pizzas: I don't usually try these, but cheese cake intrigued me. It was much better than I expected.

Price - at free this was fantastic. At $6.89... wife and I can get more than enough with a trip to Venice for less money.

Great place to take your youth group, teams, etc. Need something quick as you are heading home out west, its fine.

Service: Placed was packed, took a bit of time to get through the line, but nearly everyone was only buying drinks, but signing the facebook list. Then the staff comes to your table, clearing plates, trays, getting you more food.

That's right - bringing you more food. They were so happy, friendly, and just seemed to love their job. That made it worthwhile. It wasn't like going to a fastfood place- every body working looked very happy, even though it was pretty crazy.

Old 12-12-2013, 06:16 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,280,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCEddie View Post
Went to Stevi B's (thanks for free buffets facebook).

1) Place was packed!
2) salad - I got a salad as I'm trying to cut back a few lbs. Fresh as expected, good stuff.
3) Pizzas

crust - typical crust for the conveyor belt ovens. Not great, better than some, worse than others.

sauce - adequate. Most of these places are light on the garlic, and they don't use San Marzano tomatoes. So you can only expect so much.

Cheese - see above- garlic comments.

Toppings: Well that Loaded baked potato was pretty darn good. Pepperoni was solid. Cheese was dull. Sausage/Pepp pretty good.

Mouth feel: Scale of 1-10 - 6.5 for Loaded baked potato. Pepp/Sausage/Pepp - 5.5 - Cheese 4.

Dessert pizzas: I don't usually try these, but cheese cake intrigued me. It was much better than I expected.

Price - at free this was fantastic. At $6.89... wife and I can get more than enough with a trip to Venice for less money.

Great place to take your youth group, teams, etc. Need something quick as you are heading home out west, its fine.

Service: Placed was packed, took a bit of time to get through the line, but nearly everyone was only buying drinks, but signing the facebook list. Then the staff comes to your table, clearing plates, trays, getting you more food.

That's right - bringing you more food. They were so happy, friendly, and just seemed to love their job. That made it worthwhile. It wasn't like going to a fastfood place- every body working looked very happy, even though it was pretty crazy.
Seeing as how it has been years since I went to a pizza buffet and since that was CiCi's, how would you compare the two?

Old 12-12-2013, 06:18 PM

157 posts, read 195,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Dave View Post
Seeing as how it has been years since I went to a pizza buffet and since that was CiCi's, how would you compare the two?
Cici is garbage. If anything ask to compare it with something slightly better....pizza inn lol

Old 12-12-2013, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap Rowsdower View Post
Cici is garbage. If anything ask to compare it with something slightly better....pizza inn lol
DIfferent classes.

Cici's is not close.

Old 12-12-2013, 07:42 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,280,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCEddie View Post
DIfferent classes.

Cici's is not close.
Ok, that's what I wanted to know, that is what I thought Stevie Bs was going to be.
Thank you for the clarification.

Now try Boots and we will be getting somewhere!

Old 12-12-2013, 07:45 PM

May have to wait till the week of the 22nd.

Old 12-14-2013, 07:08 AM

151 posts, read 296,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap Rowsdower View Post
Famous Joe's would appreciate your business and I think redstone has some rewards thing with them if you bank with redstone.
Famous Slow's? Has their service improved at all? The pizza is good but I haven't been back in well over a year, and won't even though it is just down the road, until I hear that things have turned around.

I've taken to just making my pizza from scratch at home, and am plenty happy with that! Rewarding, cheap, and delicious!

Old 12-14-2013, 07:32 AM

1,977 posts, read 4,208,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBobo View Post
Famous Slow's? Has their service improved at all? The pizza is good but I haven't been back in well over a year, and won't even though it is just down the road, until I hear that things have turned around.

I've taken to just making my pizza from scratch at home, and am plenty happy with that! Rewarding, cheap, and delicious!
The last two times we ate there were both carryout orders and both had issues. The first time they quoted me 20 minutes and I got there 30 minutes after ordering...they hadn't even started my pizza yet and I had to sit there and wait ~20 more minutes.

The second order both pizzas had wrong toppings that didn't match the menu description and instead of sitting there and waiting I said F* it, I'll just eat these. Joe is always there but it appears he doesn't have control over his employees. IMHO, It is not worth the frustration to go back.

We usually just end up making pizza at home as well. Sometimes we cheat and use the pre-made pizza dough balls from Publix, Kroger or Earthfare and they always turn out great, not to mention a heck of a lot cheaper!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area